swimming in memories thicker than this damn mist
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
The boy, when he turns to look at you, is soft and round - not in the way the gluttonous are - rather, in a newborn, innocent kind of way. Wessex immediately takes him for an Outlander, because no child of the Grounds has such a carefree face. Then there’s the mushrooms on his shoulder - children of the Grounds also don’t grow fungi on their bodies, so he’s a solid 2/2 in the foreigner category. And despite his animated smile, she worries about the swinging legs, the possibility of slipping off, falling down, down, down into the mist and the unknown beyond.

It’s happened before, to more careful teenagers than him.

His tone, his lack of recognition as he echoes her own question back to her almost causes The Wraith to mistake him for a simpleton. One of the kids who’s mothers were too affected by disease or drought or ‘touched by the Gods,’ as some super-religious might say in an effort to justify why they were supposed to waste precious resources on a useless mouth. But that immediate thought doesn’t seem to fit, either, and while she’s trying to figure out where to place him amongst her catalogue of individuals, she takes longer than she usually does to respond.

“I think so, too.” A shrug. What the hell. “More or less. You know you’re tempting fate by sitting there, swinging your legs like that, right?” Like, it’s really fucking dangerous and the last thing she needs is to be accused of pushing a kid over the edge of the bridge.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: swimming in memories thicker than this damn mist - by Wessex - 12-03-2019, 11:36 PM