in the places I wasn't meant to be
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When everything and everyone
Becomes my enemy
Sam could feel, as he and Amalia spoke, the tension in their conversation rising and rising, the scant relationship they had had before falling through the ground and leaving forever. It broke his heart and he didn't even really know why; it wasn't like he'd ever treasured a closeness with Amalia. Yet this felt significant, like this was the point where he chose The Voice over his old connections, where he severed the line for good.

"I don't know. But do you know the reasons for all the Old Gods do?" He asked, feeling once again like he was being made to justify his Goddess far more than the average person ever would be. Then it was his turn to laugh bitterly, as Amalia said the Old Gods loved 'us', when she meant herself. "Vi loves me? Rae loves me?"

As for all the rest...Sam was exhausted. He had no idea who 'the prince' was and honestly, did not care to know. It would just be one more thing to obsess over. One more thing to be upset over.

The last thing Amalia said though, it struck a nerve. Sam laughed again but this time it was sharp, desperate; when he spoke it was shouted with a hand to his chest, far more passionate than he usually allowed himself to be. "She gave me far more thought than my family, than you, than the rest of our town ever did! None of you thought to ever ask me how I was - no, you were too busy with Evie. You saw me get hurt over and over and you did nothing." Maybe this was unrelated to their divine argument, but when it came to Amalia, there was a personal element inherently woven into the fight.

"You don't know how she loves me. You've never been there while she talks to us, so don't you dare pretend you know about her. She made me see I'm not worthless and I owe her for that more than I'll ever owe the Old Gods." He found his face had curled into an angry sneer, his hands had been gesturing wildly as he spoke. Struggling to take some control over himself, he forced himself to stand up. "I love The Voice. I believe in what she's trying to do. Regardless of what you think - because you have never cared for me the way she does."
There's nothing more you can do
I'm gonna blame it on you
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Samuel - 12-04-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Samuel - 12-30-2019, 07:34 PM