in the places I wasn't meant to be
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When everything and everyone
Becomes my enemy
Amalia's instance that she didn't know only drew a disbelieving laugh from Sam as he finally stood back, crossing his arms and shaking his head, looking down into the snow. Perhaps it was unfair, but he found it very hard to believe her claim. Everything that had happened to him had seemed so big, it had encompassed his entire life, had absorbed the town until there had been nothing left but his terror; how could they have not seen it? Had he really been so invisible?

"Kill it." He repeated, flatly, unsure how Amalia had gotten that at all from everything that been said. It felt almost pointless to argue, really - he had his side and she had hers and they weren't going to move. All of a sudden he felt himself gripped by a cold apathy, a stoic sadness.

Yet she continued. A beat of silence followed her words, then he looked up. "I have told you. The Voice envisages a world where we are all more connected. Healthier. Unmarked by pain or illness. A future with new technology to help us. I don't want to stay stuck where we've been for the last three hundred years. I want to grow beyond the Hollowed Grounds. This...I think, is how history works, Amalia. There are always traditionalists, but in the end..." A faint smile touched his lips as he gazed over the mountains. "New ideas take over."
There's nothing more you can do
I'm gonna blame it on you
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Samuel - 12-04-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Samuel - 12-31-2019, 03:50 PM