in the places I wasn't meant to be
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
There's something terrifying about the way he calms, the strange little smile, the stillness after the rage. More than anything he has said before, more than low-blow barbs and slung wounds and slapping accusations- this causes Amalia to take a step back, her own anger failing into a sudden, deep fear.

No pain. No illness. No life, she thinks, swallowing sharply, throat suddenly dry, the cold hitting her more brutally than it has before. His image of the future is bleak and black; she thinks at once of a creeping vine, or perhaps the blight itself. Of the way the infection spread between Phoebe's cells, gripping each one and staining it black, turning it from something beautiful and unique to something consistent and lifeless.

Is that what the Voice has done to him?

There's something in the way Sam describes this world that makes her know she cannot save him. That he is lost to the monster he helped to create. Stepping back further, the girl shakes her head, her eyes never leaving the Ascended. "I'm sorry, Sam," the Shield states softly, breathes in crystals of brittle ice. "I'm sorry the world was cruel to you. I'm sorry we didn't see it. I'm sorry... sorry you felt so alone. That this was your only option."

She swallows, the tears that fall from her eyes freezing upon her cheeks. "I'm sorry you never learned what love is. Because if you had, you would understand that it isn't this."

Messages In This Thread
in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Samuel - 12-04-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: in the places I wasn't meant to be - by Amalia - 01-03-2020, 12:41 AM