sounds like hallelujah
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She listened to him as he spoke of food and the history behind his hunting for it. She remained attentive, her eyes lingering on him briefly but continuing to look ahead for the most part, making sure she was following him to where his camp was. Rexanna found it easy to listen to him, the way he recalled things and the information given to her about the locations in the area. At the mention of a Tavern, her eyes slipped to him and she nodded. “The Tavern was the first place I came to when I came here.” She admitted with a quiet, amused laugh. As he mentioned that he brought enough to share, she offered him a kind smile. “I appreciate that.” She offered, having not hunted since being here and having sustained herself mostly on berries and vegetables found in her excursions.

It was a nice-looking place, in fact. Much nicer than most of her time on the run and the places she had stayed in. She followed him as he led her to a place to sit. Taking the seat, she offered him another bright smile and a quiet ‘Thanks’ before watching as he moved to go grab some wood for the fire. Her hands found her bare arms and she quietly rubbed them while the fire warmed up. She definitely wasn’t expecting him to help her by putting his coat onto her.

His eyes were warm and sincere, and she found herself offering him another bright smile. “Thank you.” She spoke kindly, subconsciously shifting in her seat to lean back into him as he warmed up her shoulders, and she found herself laughing quietly while he remarked on the cooking abilities. “I can’t wait.” She admitted, grinning to him as he moved to prep the food. As he set it to cook, he made sure the jacket was snuggly around her and waited for him to sit and pull out a little flask. He offered it to her and she took a small drink from it before handing it back to him with another small smile.

It does taste great.” Her voice was soft as her eyes lingered on Alistair, her attention taken from the food and instead on the man who was kind enough to offer her food and a place to be warm for a bit. “I really do appreciate this. Can I repay you in some way?” She questioned with a tilt of her head – this stranger, offering her so much in such a short amount of time. It warmed her heart, but being who Rexanna was, she wanted to see if she could help him somehow. She let her gaze linger on him, her sapphire eyes watching him for a few moments before she took her pale hand and lifted it, aiming to press it lightly against his own hand. “You’re very kind.” She paused, thoughtfully, eyes scanning him briefly. “It has been awhile since I’ve met someone so kind.” She chuckled quietly, retracting her hand and glancing back toward the fire.
RexannA
just because you are soft,
doesn't mean you're not a force.
honey and wildfire are both the color gold.

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair had been watching the pan closely, turning the meat at just the right time, adding the mushrooms and potatoes before he turned at the warmth of her contact when Rexanna rested her hand against his own. He regarded it for a healthy amount of time and modestly smirked when she slipped her hand away.

"You've provided me company I haven't allowed myself to enjoy for quite some time. You've paid your debt ten fold...I assure you."

His brows raised, again he grinned as he got to prepping the meals. There was a lack of utensils as he didn't quite expect to entertain, but Alistair was always good for thinking on his feet.

He stepped away for only a moment to salvage makeshift plates from shaved bark and large greens with a leathery texture that proved sturdy enough for the meals they held.

"Had to make due..."

Alistair confessed with a smirk as he handed Rexanna her makeshift plate and the only fork and knife at the camp, while he went about eating with his hands, taking his seat at her side once again.

"...it costs nothing to be kind you know? Be it the act or the words...costs nothing. After all I've been through and experienced...I was scared I'd become something I'm not...but I've come to realize something...this is just who I am. I don't know how to be anything else."

A smile slowly formed along his stubbled cheeks as he turned his eyes from Rexanna to his dish with a shrug of his shoulders.

"You're very beautiful. I'm certain I'm not the first to tell you this, but...you are. You have kind eyes, and you smile as if its extension of you heart. I have no doubt the life you had prior to arriving here can never be considered easy...but you don't let it show.

It must be easy to trick others from knowing whether the smile you offer is genuine or deflective...it pleases me to have brought the genuine one."

All that time Alistair has kept his attention to his plate, only after he ended did he look over to Rexanna.

"...though I must admit, the fact that the Tavern was one of the first places you compelled yourself to visit...certainly only enhances the view."

Alistair teased with a grin and a chuckle.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
In all her years, Rexanna had learned that some things helped with contact – other things were more of a mental kind of fix. It seemed that Rexanna had already begun to feel better about her history after she had told Alistair about it – a rare thing from her, a person who typically chose to bottle things up and hold them down until they’d never find the surface again. But Alistair had been so kind, with such a gentle face that the woman couldn’t help but to feel compelled to tell him. In turn, he had ended up telling her as well, creating some kind of bond between the two. It had been so long since Rexanna had true friends, and she began to wonder if Alistair would be one of those for her. So of course she wanted to try and repay him somehow, but the issue was how.

He wouldn’t let her repay him, though, from what it sounded like. And she watched his face as she pulled her arm back and spoke. A chimed laugh escaped her lips as she shrugged her shoulders, a swift roll of them before watching as he prepared the homemade plates, and she nodded to him with a bright smile. “You do what you have to do.” She added, shifting in her seat to get more comfortable. As he handed the plate to her, she took it graciously and began to eat quietly while he sat beside her – speaking of kindness.

She paused and meant to open her mouth to respond to him before he continued, his gaze leaving hers to the plate before him. What he said next caused her own cheeks to grow a bright red, as she looked away from him for a moment with a quiet smile forming on her lips. “Thank you.” She nearly whispered, unsure of how to respond, though she found her gaze slipping back to his as his met hers again and finished his compliment with a joke about the Tavern. She laughed with him, another chimed laugh as she made herself look at him despite her scarlet cheeks.

I’m not entirely sure what to say to that, but it has been awhile since anyone’s said I was pretty let alone beautiful.” She laughed once again, her sapphire gaze softening on him slightly as she tilted her head. “I find it easier to live life without people constantly asking what’s wrong; you’re the only person I’ve told here about my previous life. It’s just easier that way.” She amended before grinning to him in a way that her face lit up. “Besides, you have a kind and genuine face yourself. It was easy to tell you, and I’m glad I did. That and you’re not bad looking yourself.” She added, finishing with a wink and awaiting his response.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair smirked quietly and nodded at the compliment.

"Thank you..."

The rest of the meal would occur in comfortable silence as the skies grew darker the stars grew brighter.

The comforting crackle of the fire did plenty to ease and warm the two. There was comfort in honesty, even in the realm of harsh truths, which he would prefer over lingering lies.

"I've seen too many secrets hidden by smiles not to notice anymore. It's a skill nearly perfected myself..." he chimed as he ardently stoked the fire.

"Would you like to see something of a parlor trick?"

Alistair asked as he scooted close enough to bring his arm around Rexanna , giving a grin.

"It'll be ok, promise..."

He assured her in case she assumed he was being a rather primitive Neanderthal with a pathetic move like that...which she'd be partially correct.

His hand slowly raised near the side of her cheek and pointed at the stars.

"Just need the right...one..."

He spoke quietly as he leaned in to share her perspective until he guided her to the right constellation.

"Perfect..."

He had found one a constellation similar to Haldir back home. A cluster of stars which aligned like a rider on a chariot.

"Back home...those clusters shaped the form of Haldir, the warrider. The legend is, he stormed every battle along his war chariot, and in a display of power and calculation, he conquered all challengers.

His pride growing with every victory. It grew so much he would come to denounce the gods, others had felt, championed him.

One day, under the shock of all involved, Haldir was struck, and tumbled off his chariot. He staggered onto his hands and knees, for the first time he appeared mortal.

He called to the gods to bless him once more, and all but one refused. Pietra, mother of the solstice...are you following so far?"

He asked quietly turning to Rexanna, had they both turned at the same time their lips would nearly meet, which would cause Alistair to pause briefly and clear his throat before continuing.

"Against the will of the gods, Pietra answered his plea and blessed Haldir with the strength to preserve pride and victory...the gods were angered, and the world shook.

In their rage, Pietra was stripped of her divinity and made mortal. They ran, and ran, and ran until they were far off the reach of the gods...when asked why she answered his call, even in the face of unavoidable wrath of her kin...her answer was simple.

Faith. All these centuries, the gods grew in power from the faith of man, but wht was their faith never returned?

A simple act of faith, even in the face of wrath...Haldir and Pietra soon married, and lived the remainder of their days in peace. It is said, even in death Haldir rode his chariot, ever the conquerer, with Pietra's blessings around him. So you simply find the cluster...and intentionally cross or blur your eyes...the constellations will shape and the faint shimmer of Pietra's blessings could be seen around her champion."

He leaned in a bit closer to make sure Rex would be facing where he asked her to, and smirked. He than playfully crossed his eyes to show her an example, not to make her seem the gullible fool.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
There wasn’t much else to say, and they sat in silence while they ate. It wasn’t an awkward silence, but a comfortable one where nothing really had to be said. However, when Rexanna was done, she sat slightly back, listening to the roar of the fire, tightening the jacket around her shoulders a bit tighter. A gentle smile remained on her face before Alistair poked at the fire and began to speak again. She listened quietly and went to respond, before he asked her if she wanted to see a parlor trick – to which she turned her head toward him and nodded. “Sure?” She was almost hesitant at the idea, unsure of what kind of trick he was planning on pulling.

She typically didn’t do well with surprises, though there was nothing so far about Alistair that made her worry in that regard – yet she still held a bit of hesitation. Her hands clutched the jacket a smidge tighter, but he scooted closer to her and wrapped an arm around her. Her cheeks reddened again, and she almost laughed before he assured her it would be fine. She nodded slightly, pausing as his hand reached by her cheek, pointing up to where her head and eyes slipped up to the night sky, his head joining hers as they sought for something in the sky.

Rex had known the stars back home, had known their stories, yet this place was different from what she knew. There weren’t any stars here that she recognized and as he began to speak of his home and the legend of the stars they looked at, she listened intently, her eyes focusing on the little specks of light so far out in the distance. Yet the name of the constellation rung a bell – though it wasn’t a person, no. It was a deer, a deer owned by a man she had flirted with once or twice, who shared her affinity for the color gold. It was interesting to her, nonetheless, and she listened until he questioned her if she was following – her head shifting to look at him, their lips nearly brushing as her cheeks grew even darker. “I am.” She said quietly, her eyes lingering on him for a brief moment before returning to the sky as he continued. Yet as he spoke of cross and blurring eyes, she grew somewhat confused, attempting it before turning her gaze back to him and seeing him do it too.

A laugh tumbled out of her chest and she reached for his shoulder, pushing on it playfully if he let her. “Are you serious?” She laughed again before she calmed herself enough to let her hand rest back in her lap; their heads still fairly close together – his arm still around her. The fire was warm, but his company at her side, so close was even warmer. She smiled to him, though a bit warily in a teasing way. “I’m not sure I can trust you anymore, Alistair.” Teasing, she smirked to him. “Say that I’m beautiful and then make me act a fool?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, clearly joking yet her eyes remained soft and comfortable as she looked upon his face.

But then she paused, as if fully realizing how delightful the night had been so far, how kind Alistair had been, the jokes and pleasantries shared. And she felt a hollowness in her stomach – what if she pissed off another god to take her friendship with others away? Did she want to let herself do this and be friends with him in the chance it could be taken away with a breath, with a kiss? She bit her lip in her uncertainty, her eyes still looking at Alistair but not entirely there, deciding if she should be continuing to enjoy the time with him to keep as a distant memory.

What good was spending life sheltered, afraid of effecting all those around you? She was done with running, she had spent far too much of her life hidden away, on the run, beaten, bruised, and bloody – marked forever. This kind of kindness from Alistair was rare, and perhaps she was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, a person thirsty for any kind of attention. And if some god ruined something, at least it wasn’t her. Even so, she’d planned on trying to talk with that god again, to see if she could fix what had happened to Remi somehow – perhaps indulging in this was something that the god wanted. Or perhaps it was something they’d take away. “To hell with it.” Rexanna thought, her eyes refocusing on Alistair as she continued to bite her lip, her hand leaving her lap once again in the hopes of trailing her pale fingers along his stubbled cheek. “You certainly are something else.” She whispered to him, her eyes leaving his cheek to catch his eye again.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair laughed at her nudge. It was full and free and something he didn't feel would be possible for some time, but here he was.

He would lean back on his hands, still chuckling softly as he watched Rexanna . Her laugh and smile held a warmth to it he hadn't seen since...he couldn't think of when, and perhaps that was the most troubling...

Vervain was right, he was so determined to save Ashetta from herself, he forgot what it was like to think for himself, and realize what it was that made him happy.

Here was Rexanna, a runner, a survivor, completely disarmed by a genuine act of kindness...her laughter and smile shedding the thread of armor she maybe thought of putting up at any point.

The whole time he watched her lips, the way they curled, how she chewed against them, the pearled whites slowly revealing as her smile formed.

Her nose crinkling just slightly as she laughed so fully.

Than her hand raised and placed against his cheek. He knew she was speaking to him but the words were a jumbled mess as his eyes fixed from her lips to her eyes, repeatedly as his pulse seemed to pause.

This is crazy...this is crazy...this is crazy...

Alistair thought to himself before leaned forward.

"I thought of how you could pay me back..."

He whispered with a smile, lips dangerously close to her own, just barely grazing them as he spoke and smiled.

"There's still so much I don't understand...still so much to learn...about here...about you...I'd Like to see you again...if you'll allow me..."

He muttered quietly, though had she attempted to answer, it would be stifled as he gently leaned and pressed a kiss against her lips. They were full and soft, and easy to lose yourself in.

Slowly he slid his lips away, the fire doing well to mask the crimson of his cheeks.

"I'm sorry...I um...that...I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage here and..."

Just then he leaned in again and cut himself off to press another kiss, hands gently cupping her cheeks as if she were made of porcelain and the slightest touch would shatter her.

Thumbs caressing her cheeks as his lips took a gentle hold of hers, slipping away again, but not before giving a final peck.

"You're something else too..."

He finally replied clearing his throat. He wasn't quite sure how Rexanna would respond, but internally Alistair was a blank. It was completely against his own nature to seize a moment like that, had that even been a moment.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
His eyes dipped from her lips to her eyes, back and forth until his voice rumbled to her after a few moments, leaning forward. Her hand pausing in its movement. “I thought of how you could pay me back.” He mentioned, smiling, before continuing as if he wasn’t sure what to say or couldn’t get all the words out. Her eyebrows raised slightly, and she offered a quiet smile in response to the pausing he seemed to do, as if he was uncertain if he could do this. He had given her no inclination of how recent his departure from his wife had been, and for Rexanna despite the fact her own was abusive and controlling, it had been a good four years since they had last seen one another.

Rexanna had moved on easy enough, despite everything that had happened. She realized now that she probably didn’t even really love him, but it seemed as though Alistair had lots of love to give, and for the moment Rex had made it easier for him. So when he leaned into her fully, their lips meeting in a gentle yet fleeting kiss, her sapphire gaze closed until he pulled away, part of her unsure of why he did stop, and yet she found her gaze focusing on him. He tried to explain, but it was like he couldn’t stop as he apologized, and his lips crashed into hers again. She reciprocated, his thumbs gently running along her cheeks before he pulled away finally and cleared his throat.

She gave him a bright smile and shook her head to him with a delighted, quiet laugh. “You don’t need to apologize.” She began, her eyes lingering on him. “It’s been a long time since I’ve done this.” She added, refusing from adding the for fun part after and not survival. Regardless, Rex turned her attention to him and scooted a bit closer to him, leaning her shoulder into his chest should he let her, in an attempt to place her head on his chest. She didn’t want to make anything permanent, to say the least in case anything happened between her and the gods, but she was going to enjoy this night with him regardless of the consequences.

But she wondered what Alistair might think of it. Her head lifted up slightly and she tried to look at his face. “I have this terrible idea to try and go back to talk to the gods again to try and fix something that happened to another man I was there with. I… don’t think it’ll go well, going in with the worst-case scenario kind of idea. But this has been wonderful and I would love to see you again too if nothing happens to me.” She finally said, quiet but contemplative.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair hadn't recalled the last time he felt genuine affection. Not that he was foolish enough to believe this was love, the idea of companionship, and the benefits that came from it was appealing.

It was a harsh reality he was forced to learn. Love too hard and you only have yourself to lose.

He'd bring his arm back around to pull Rexanna in closer. Chin resting over her head.

She spoke of gods, of another man that appeared ill-fated by his association with her...of soaking in the moment in case anything happened.

A warning...Alistair had received a warning once before, and suffered for not accepting it.

"Can't go through life riddled with fear or regrets. You'll never truly live if you, embrace the life that's there before you.

Be it man or gods...Never give them that power over you, because even if you moved on...it'll always be there, its hold, death-like.

Come here..."

His other arm reached around as he gently lifted Rex just enough to seat her on the ground between his legs, leaning her back as his arms dropped around her.

His body was strong from his years if training and hard labor, but the manner in which he handled her was mostly gentle.

His cheek would slide next to hers.
"Would it make you feel better if I attended this conversation, with you?

I like your company. Would be a shame losing it so soon and not even attempt to do something, knowing the chance would be there."

Protection, what protection could he offer at the face of a god? Nothing...but perhaps the sentiment would serve as enough.

Alistair would quietly, playfully take Rexanna's hand and turn it palm up.

"Knew a gypsy once, taught me to charm rats and read palms..."

He teased to ease her mind. His thumb trailing along her palm as if genuinely reading it for her before raising her hand to kiss her palm before resting it over her lap.

"Imagine that youth, a child followed by rats and that reads fortunes...Can't fake that kind of story."

He laughed quietly about being chased out, rats in tow as he made a hastey retreat.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
He was patient as she spoke of her worries, of her hesitation and she appreciated being able to be so open to him. His chin rested on her head as she spoke and when she had finished, his own voice rumbled through. She wanted to laugh at the idea, how she had left one kind of prison for another – fearful of losing anything and yet everything. It hadn’t happened to her this far, but she had witnessed it first hand, causing the start of the fear of it all.

He lifted her then, putting her onto the ground and she leaned back into him as his cheek met her own and he offered a proposition. She, again, wanted to laugh at the idea. “I… I don’t know if that’s such a good idea.” She stumbled over the words, envisioning Frey and what had happened to Remi and what her and Remi were about to do. Sure, they had shared a few kisses here but Rexanna was nervous of it blossoming into more. “It was a very awkward exchange.” She began, crossing her legs underneath her. “The man I was with suffered for it.” She finally said, turning her head up to look at him as he took her hand.

His thumb gently ran along her palm before he lifted her hand to kiss it and she offered him a small shy smile. “You poor thing.” She paused with a quiet laugh. She got a bit more serious, however, letting him continue to trail his thumb along her palm. “Go on, rat shepherd, what does my fortune say?” She teased in return, flashing him a wink before inhaling deeply and waiting to see if it was a good fortune or if something within her spoke of disaster.

It seemed to follow in her wake, whether she caused it or not. She hadn’t been the luckiest of anyone. So far in this land she had been lucky; her encounter with Archebold ended in a good note, her time with Remi and Frey had ended with her only having a few small bruises around her wrists that were mostly faded now. She didn’t have much reason to believe this world would hate her as much as the last, but she had spent the last majority of her life causing havoc and destruction, running from anything that breathed. It was hard to break old habits.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Thumb trailed along her palm quietly as she spoke. Alistair regarding her warnings a moment before nodding.

"I ask only once, any more and I put my faith in you knowing what is best. If there is anything I've learned rather quickly...those who desire help will not seek a way to talk out of it."

His voice held its even, soft nature as he shrugged.

"Though I'm easy to find if you reconsider. I'm either along the fields or outskirts, hunting mostly...but I would make the time should you need it."

He assured her. Her warning was accepted, Alistair would not be lured so easily, not again. Though had she changed her mind he would be true to his word and accept to be there should she call for him.

He continued to observe her palm, tracing the lines as he grinned.

"Flattery is what comes initially. The lines tell you are a fine lover...easy to seak pleasure...but hardly for yourself.

Pain and pleasure are one of the same actually...always a motive. Unclear as to who that speaks of...for better or worse your heart is complete in all you do.

This can bring great joy or greater pain...again pain and pleasure one in the same.

The lines pathing the way toward your future remain untouched...Where that leads is up to you.

You've had quite a remarkable journey to bring you here."

Alistair rubbed his hands together to build warmth before enclosing them around her own, to share the warmth emitted.

"You're passionate...you're a survivor first and foremost. The saving grace of all of this is, you never let it break you. You push on, move onto the next challenge and overcome that.

Truth be told, I'm quite envious of you. I share the same principles but lacked the same resolve.

The old me, would push to champion for you in this trying time of need, as a way to...prove myself. You're beautiful, and your taste lingers like warm honey on the tongue.

I would take on this task furiously to prove I am a man worthy of your time and body..."

Alistair chuckled and shook his head.

"I've admittedly read far too much fiction when the hero always lands the damsel in distress after rescuing them from the dragon.

I never would have once considered perhaps you held your reasons, or to simply trust that you knew what you were doing.

I never would have stopped to think, I'm holding your body right now. Sharing it's warmth...your lips here to taste if I so desired at this moment.

That my company is not something that needed to be proven, because here we are...I never simply embraced the here and now and let tomorrow come when it may."

His arm simply draped around the waist of Rexanna as the other played along with her fingers.

"Suppose I should considerate it fortunate tomorrow won't come for quite a while, which leaves plenty of time to enjoy the present."

Hair brushed around her neck, Alistair would place a gentle kiss along Rexanna's neck, softly breathing in her scent as he smirked against her flesh.

"What is it this god has against you...why would you even return to confront it if you knew there was a luming threat in doing so? You're either foolish or brave or both.
...for posterities sake I'll lean toward the former."

He chuckled quietly, repeating the previous motion to keep her hands warm.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
His thumb trailed along her palm more as he responded to her denial of letting him come along, to which she nodded lightly as a way of saying thanks. A small smile crossed her features at his following line, offering his help regardless and she shook her head somewhat with a laugh. “If I change my mind, I’ll find you.” She amended, though she made no plans to change them at all. But as she asked for her palm reading, she listened to him, hearing and quietly feeling his voice rumble through with her back to him.

Her eyes closed as he spoke, speaking of love and easy to seek pleasure and quietly she wanted to laugh at the accuracy – yet all she amended was a small “Mhm.” In confirmation. But he continued, speaking of pain and pleasure being one of the same to which she understood – her happiest time before was her time constantly in danger. How hard she had loved the Prince that had branded her and beat her, and how it took so long for her to realize it wasn’t really love.

But he continued, the kindest she’d come across, one that didn’t want to put her back in chains or to make her suffer for something out of her control. If she hadn’t promised Deimos not to repeat her actions here that she did in that strange other world, she might have decided that she’d love Alistair just for that. But she wanted to try and remain as much of a blank page as possible – though Alistair continued to make it more difficult as he continued, his arm draping over her waist and placed a gentle kiss along her neck.

Shivers lightly danced over her shoulders and her head lowered a bit before he questioned her on the gods again, shaking her head and leaning back into him. “Well, the god didn’t really do anything to me. It was done to the man I was there with – We… I misinterpreted what they wanted, and he suffered for it. I want to try and summon them again to find out how I can fix it.” She finally said, turning her head to look at him. “I’d say it’s a good mix of equal parts foolishness and equal parts bravery.” She said with a wink. “Probably more foolish than anything, but I’ve been thinking about it for weeks now and I just can’t not do anything. It was my fault, anyway. I have to make it right.

Sapphire gaze focused on him as she thought more about it. “They took his love for another away, for the misunderstanding, bound and gagged us while they did it.” She paused, contemplating what to say before her breath hitched a bit at the memory. “They appeared, beautiful and alluring. The most stunning person I’d ever seen, and it seemed like they wanted the man and I to, well, you know. I thought perhaps if we did it, it would grant us favor and we could get more questions answered.” She almost laughed sorrowfully. “I hadn’t even gotten my shirt off yet before we were bound and everything happened.” She added, eyeing him briefly with a somewhat nervous laugh. “I’d only known the man for half an hour before everything, and yet he was punished for my stupidity of falling back to my old ways on the run – using sex to get what I wanted out of it. So, I suppose foolish is a good way to put it.” She shrugged her shoulders, turning her head back toward the fire as the light danced in her darkened eyes. “I assume you can see why I’d rather not get too attached to you. You're so kind and generous and I can't imagine putting others through that terrible event.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair paused only briefly as he sat Rexanna up and began massaging her shoulders and neck. His hands strong, firm in their hold as he made no attempt to harm her.

"Who you were in your past life is of no consequence to me. It perhaps stored the ink of who you are but the pages of that book have yet to end."

Fingers gently squeezed along her back down to the small wear his hands pressed and smoothed the bulk of her tension.

"You're a survivor...I am no one to pass judgement on affairs I'm not involved in. It wasn't my trust that was broken. I'm reaching beneath your clothes for better contact..."

The latter muttered quietly so Rexanna wouldn't think this revelation would inspire him to be used the same way.

Had she let him, his warm hands would press along the muscles of her lower and mid back, hands sliding along her sides and abdomen.

"Breath in and out slowly, following the motions Ok?"

He softly instructed into her ear as he continued.

"I often found myself on the receiving end of being used. People often mistake kindness for ignorance, to which I'm not.

My patience has limits just as anyone else, and often times people seem to forget that."

Alistair continued, giving a faint smirk as he continued to massage.

"What is bravery if not the acknowledgement of fear..."

Alistair attempted to reason with her current feelings.

"I am, grateful to have been considered...but I'm not someone in need of protection, like you I'm a survivor.

But again, my offer stands."

The evening chill grew deeper and Alistair stood briefly to unroll the insolated sheep skin knapsack before inching it close to the fire and slipping in.

He'd flap the sack open to show plenty room for one more.

"I'd rather you not freeze..."

Alistair called out. Had Rexanna stepped in he would pull the flap over her, and bring his arms around the young woman.

"So this whole...dialogue of ours, mere seduction? Or am I appealing to your other nature."

He asked with a playful smirk, fingers would gently brush along the side of her arm.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
His hands were strong and warm as he rubbed at her shoulders and neck. Her head lowered slightly, and she leaned into the touch, as he worked out all the knots and twinges, she’d had for so many years of running and sleeping on the ground, sometimes not sleeping at all. When he spoke, she listened, but had nothing to really say in return. But his hands slipped lower, and the shivers along her shoulders grew, the sound of the crackling fire and his rough voice the only sounds she heard. She nodded to him, partially in response to speaking of trust, and partially to let him know she was fine with where his hands traveled.

The more he massaged her aches out, the more she realized she wanted to kiss him again just for that. His hands traveled lower for a few moments before moving along her sides and abdomen – had he noticed, he would have felt scars along her ribs, perhaps a couple shallower ones along the tops of her hips. As he instructed her, she inhaled deeply and slowly, exhaling all the same. “Yes, very true.” She admitted, quietly as her breath whooshed out of her. Alistair continued, however, and to which she let a small smile turn up the corners of her lips. “I only hope if something like that happens, you’d understand.” She amended, but nodding to him to say she knew where to find him should she require his assistance.

The warm disappeared soon after, as Alistair stood to get his bedroll ready. She brought her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them and let her gaze linger on him. He slipped into it, opening the flap just enough to show room for one more and she playfully rolled her eyes with a laugh. “You are such a flirt.” She said after a few moments, but she agreed. It was cold, and would only continue to get colder. And with their conversation and the events that transpired right after dinner, she was certain he was doing a great job at trying to get into her pants. The thought made her want to laugh – typically, it was her on the end of seducing people. Yet here was Alistair, seducing the seducer. It was ironic, really.

She stood, then, moving closer to Alistair and the bedroll, her eyes lingering on him as she removed his jacket and laid it over the top as another sort of blanket. She kicked her shoes off then, moving to shimmy into the roll with him, then moved to be sure she was facing him. His arms wrapped around her, filling her with warmth despite having left his jacket on top of the two of them. Her own arms wrapped around his neck, feeling the vibration of his voice as he spoke to her. She searched his gaze for a few seconds before deigning to respond. “I’d say you’ve done quite a bit more of the seducing than I have; so what say you?” She replied, winking to him. "I'd bet if we did this over and I were trying to seduce you it wouldn't have taken this long." She added with another quiet laugh.

As she moved somewhat to get more comfortable, she paused to pull her hair back, letting it run down her back rather than have it get all tangled through the night. Without her hair to hide it, the brand along her collarbone was pale against her skin. She sucked in a breath briefly, letting her eyes linger on his face for a brief moment, her arms tightening against his neck as she moved closer. “I suppose the true question is ‘how much sleep will we get tonight?’” Her eyes lingered on his own, her smile twitching toward a smirk.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair had indeed felt her scars, they weren't the first he had felt and he doubted they'd be the last, even still he caressed and massaged as hands passing over unmarked flesh.

There was no hesitation or pause. The held true even when her hair fell back revealing the branding mark on her shoulder.

Alistair kept his arms firmly around Rexanna laughing quietly at the revelation that he had been doing a bulk of the seducing...she was right.

It wasn't in his nature to do so, be the discovery was...enlightening to say the least.

"Is it such a bad thing to let moments linger?"

He asked quietly, adjusting the bedroll and the furs inside, making sure she was covered before leaning over and kissing her branding scar.

"You're worth savoring."

Alistair muttered as he leaned in and kissed Rex. He'd shift about inside the roll to rest over her.

Every alarm in his mind rang wildly in protest, but Alistair was done overthinking. Overthinking gave him nothing but a broken heart...

Hands gently brushed Rexanna's cheek and hair. Had she wanted to protest this would have been the time and he would have obeyed.

Had she allowed he would remove her clothing with a comforting, deliberate ease, only playfully stopping when her attire was 3/4 of the way off, everything from her nose up, still covered as her arms were laid out and stretched, exposing her from her lips, down.

Alistair teased his lips against hers and before resting against them as the garments were completely discarded to gods knew where. His own clothes soaring into the abyss as he embraced her fully.

FADE TO BLACK

His breath steadied as he held Rexanna, his nose breathing in the warm sweetness that radiated from her. Her body, exposed and resting against his felt like a dream worth losing yourself.

Alistair had appeared he was going to say something, but upon looking at Rex once more, rolled back over her with laughter stifled against her lips as he initiated round 2

Their embrace no less passionate than the first, as clawed patches of dirt sprawled out at various compromising angles.

FADE TO BLACK

Both appeared to be glistening, exhausted, and rather pleased with the outcome.

"You mentioned something about sleep didn't you...?"

Alistair asked curiously, though before she could answer and pulled Rex back over him and continued.

The language spoken {screamed} out and cutting through the fields would make even Devrum blush with envy. Their bodies covered in the dull stay of dirt from being smeared after their respective, earthy grips.

Alistair finally rested, chest heaving slowly as Rexanna laid over him. His fingers trailed along her arm and shoulder...while both seemed to have indulged their more primal urges, Alistair still was weary enough to make sure Rexanna was comfortable, pulling the roll over her shoulders slowly before resting his arms back around her.

"Judging by the sky...I'd say sleep won't be a priority for now."

He quietly joked in case she was sleeping.

"This was..."

He thought long and hard on what to say but for the first time in some time, words were absent.

Alistair smirked and gently kissed Rexanna's forehead.

"...worth savoring."

He finally continue while watching her, his eyes resting closed though he was still awake, fingers strumming her hair.

{Bunny permission granted by Sky}