sounds like hallelujah
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
He spoke, his voice a smoky rasp as his breath seemed to run over her gently. “It’s not such a bad thing at all.” Murmuring quietly, she drummed her fingers lightly against the column of his neck. He leaned in to kiss her scar, and she pressed herself closer to him as he moved yet again to kiss her. She reciprocated, her lips dancing with his as he moved to hover over her. Her hands then moved to tangle in his dark curled hair, nearly purring at the feeling of his hands brushing her cheek. Her eyes found his, however, and there was no hesitation – only a primal need to have him.

She allowed him to remove her clothes, while she too worked to remove his; untangling her fingers from his hair to grip the shirt he wore, slipping it off with agile ease. After they had managed to remove each other’s clothes, the embrace was sweet and beautiful, unlike nearly anything Rex had ever experienced. Her body covered in goosebumps, shivers racing down her spine, yet not from the cold but from his touch. She offered him a sweet, saccharine smile before pressing her lips against his.

– Fade to black –

Their breathing for the moment were the only sounds she could hear aside from the crackling of the dying fire. His arms wrapped around her tightly while she found comfort in the warmth of his hold. Yet as he seemed to appear to want to say something, her head retracted, sapphire gaze moving to survey his face. For a moment, she was concerned, wondering perhaps if it wasn’t what he wanted, and if he had decided to tell her his regrets.

Yet their eyes met, and he huffed, pressing his lips against hers and beginning again. Her own laugh was even stifled against the power of his lips.

– Fade to black –

It wasn’t as cold as Rex thought it would be, with the sweat that gleamed along their bodies and the discarded clothes at various places around the camp – having somehow moved. He rested on his back, Rexanna crossed over him to find herself comfortable with her head right in the nook aside his neck, between his head and his shoulder. Her arm wrapped around him tightly as he adjusted the roll to cover her shoulders more. She listened while he spoke, his voice rumbling through her despite how quiet it was as she let out a breathless laugh. “I told you.” She muttered, her voice a bit more scratchy and deep sounding.

He then kissed her forehead, after a long while, admitting that it was worth savoring to which she nodded – her nose nuzzling his neck with the movement as her eyes closed and she hoped to try and get some sleep. “You're incredible, in more ways than one. But I think we should at least try to sleep.” She said after a few moments, another laugh with her breath raking across her neck. She tightened her arms around him, snuggling closer as she began to drift off to sleep – a finally peaceful, exhaustion filled slumber, lulled to sleep by the gentle tapping of his fingers along her dark hair.
RexannA
just because you are soft,
doesn't mean you're not a force.
honey and wildfire are both the color gold.

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
ALISTAIR
Her breath was soft and steady. Slowly, gently, Alistair turned onto his side and lay Rexanna down. It all happened slow enough not to wake her. As she slept, he simply watched.

Watched her stir, keeping his arms around her, so when she did he'd feel the tickle of her nose against his chest.

Sleep hadn't come easily for some time, and he hardly expected it to come quickly now. Alistair grinned as he continued to stroke along her hair.

The evening had proven eventful, there was no denying that...but had he really wanted to get invested, trust another person so completely as he had done before? The past was a stinging, constant reminder, a warning.

He wasn't quite sure how to go about it, and perhaps...he thought, that was for the best. No expectations meant he could never be disappointed... though he was curious how Devrum, or even Ronin take the news that he got...reacquainted with himself...in a way.

For now, Alistair didn't think. He simply focused on the beautiful woman who didn't appear in a rush to leave his company.

As the sun had risen on a new day, Alistair would wake. He had only slept an hour, having watched Rex for a majority of the night after their hat trick of canoodling.

Alistair had woken with Rexanna's back pressed firmly against him. Dark strands engulfing his nose. He'd hold her just a little tighter, pressing a kiss to the back of her neck.

"Morning...stay here, I'll fix you some breakfast."

He muttered quietly in her ear, though the good morning was a formality. Before he could even say a word chances are she may have felt his external alarm clock against her, doing all but physically ring to wake her.

Alistair would step out and dress himself, laughing quietly at the location their clothes had ended up.

In no time at all, he had plated omeletes with wild greens. He'd wait for Rex to wake before draping his coat over her once more, and serving her a hot breakfast.

"Do you have somewhere to be today?"

He'd ask with a slow forming grin, himself in no rush to lose her company.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
She wasn’t exactly a peaceful sleeper; she had her moments of tossing and turning throughout it – but it was significantly less than usual. This time, it wasn’t just her making a small makeshift bed out of fallen leaves and sleeping barely covered on the hard ground. This time, there was comfort with a bed roll, warmth with a fire and a blanket of sorts, and Alistair. So while she still ended up moving a little bit, it was far better than normal, and when she woke she’d feel quite rested. It had been such an unexpected night – originally just meeting him, having her picture drawn, stories told. She had planned on moving on her way after.

But he had offered her food, had offered her a place to stay for the night. She couldn’t very well say no to it. The other events that transpired weren’t even on her agenda originally. For the first time in her life, it just happened and it was such a wonderful moment, uncertain where that left them. She’d only known him for a day, but for that day it felt like weeks, felt longer than that even. She found comfort with him, and was entirely pleased that he too seemed to have enjoyed it as well.

With the light creeping over, she hardly stirred as Alistair spoke – still tired and for the most part peacefully at rest with the world. She barely moved yet again when he climbed out and began to prepare breakfast. It, however, didn’t take long before the smell of food and warmth, with the light began to wake her. At first, she rolled onto her back, her sapphire gaze squinting against the light. Then, she stretched, a small satisfied yawn slipping through her lips before she realized she was still basically nude. And yet, she noticed she was alone in the bed.

Quickly, she rolled over onto her stomach, her eyes landing on Alistair as he approached with her clothes and his jacket yet again. She sat up for the most part, remaining within the bedroll to stay warm as she took her clothes and the food from him with a grateful smile. “Good morning. Thank you.” She spoke in a groggy, tired voice, but thanked him nonetheless before putting her undergarments on and her pants, deciding to leave the shirt for last.

Her eyes lingered on him for a few moments longer as she picked up her makeshift plate to eat her breakfast, while he asked her if she had to be somewhere that day. Flashing him a somewhat roguish smile, she shook her head – her brown tangled hair dancing in the light with the movement. “Not particularly.” She began, her head moving from him to survey the area around the outside of the camp. “I would say a bath would be nice, though.” She finally said with a quiet laugh, gesturing to the disturbed dirt by the bedrolls and the smudges that could be seen on both their arms.

She set her shirt in her lap, the bark plate atop as she began to eat, pausing now and then to regard her companion. “How did you sleep?” She questioned quietly, taking another bite.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ALISTAIR
When Rexanna had made it known she held no other plans, Alistair grinned.

"Slept great actually, it's been sometime since I've been able to say that actually."

He'd reply, finger reaching over to gently wrapped a loose strand of hair around her ear.

"Bath sounds perfect. Just so happens I know just the place."

Not long after after breakfast, Alistair gathered his camp and began his trek to a much needed bath.

The essentials wrapped into a pack and slung over his shoulders, bow firmly held in one hand as he walked at Rex's side.

"First time since arriving things have felt...normal. Does that make sense?"

He asked, glancing to Rexanna. Granted what had happened the night before was anything but normal, but the stroll along a dirt road, companion in toe, and the settled realization this would be home all began to sink in.

He glanced at her hand, curious if he should take it. So he did the most sensible thing...he subtly tested her reaction by not so conspicuously walking closer to her side so their fingers would gently brush together.

If her fingers curled in, he would treat it like their fingers had just passed together as a result of their walking. If her fingers remained, he'd wait for the right pass, to curl his fingers around hers.

"Have you seen the Oasis?"

He'd ask, clearing his throat.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
As he mentioned that he slept great, she offered him a wry smile. “As did I.” She said with a brilliant grin and a wink toward him. “Like a babe.” She laughed, before he wrapped a loose strand of her tangled hair around her ear. She reached up to place a gentle hand on his own for a brief moment before he announced he knew the perfect place to bathe. It sounded good to her, and she nodded to him in agreement as she finished her breakfast – full and pleased for the first time in a while.

Once she was done, she stood up, pulling the shirt over her head and pulling her hair along her back. He fixed up his camp, and she watched quietly while she put her shoes on before he began to speak. He asked her a question, to which she understood completely. Bobbing her head in agreement, she nodded. “It does. It’s the first time in a long time for me too that things have felt as they should. Not running, not hiding, just being me without being punished for it.” She offered thoughtfully, head tilted slightly before she stood and offered him a kind smile.

They began their trek toward the water, though, and she stood by his side easily. Her back and body rested and relaxed, the most they had been in weeks. Suddenly, she felt his fingers graze by hers, a gentle pass at first and then again. Her head slipped toward him as her hand gently grasped his, linking the two of them together as she offered him a small sheepish smile. When he questioned if she’d been to the Oasis, she wasn’t certain. She shrugged lightly at the question he poised, inhaling deeply while they walked. “I don’t think so. I haven’t really seen a big body of water just yet.” She offered quietly, yet thoughtfully, squeezing his hand gently as he lead the way.

After a while of walking, they emerged by the water. For a moment, Rexanna beamed with the thought, the warmth of the sun overhead causing her to think that the water wouldn’t be quite as cold as it probably was. She looked to Alistair then, offering him yet another brilliant smile. “Looks as good of a place as any I’ve seen.” She spoke with a bob of her head, a small laugh escaping her lips as she looked back to the body of water. Then, as she approached the water she flashed Alistair a bit of a devilish grin before slipping her shirt off, then her pants, and reaching out to tug on Alistair to join her in the water.

Chills raced up her spine, goosebumps lacing every bit of her arms and body as she connected with the water. “Mmmh.” She whimpered, dunking herself in the water, her discarded clothes laying on its edge. She turned back to Alistair, hair wet and hanging limply around her shoulders, spread in a kind of halo as she grinned to him. “It’s cold, but refreshing.” She managed to say, despite wanting to chatter her teeth. She waded in the water, coming up to just about her shoulders. Her skin glistened with the water, the cold chilling her to the bones, but she had a few ideas as to what would warm her up. In the meantime, she waited for Alistair, running a slick hand through her tangled brown hair to pull it back.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
That...that certainly escalated quickly, Alistair thought as he had been just about to discard his shirt.

There was quite the difference, shedding clothing under the cover of night, beneath bedrolls...and being fully exposed for the elements.

The daylight fully bloomed, left no detail untouched. As Rexanna entered, undressed and dipped into the water Alistair nearly froze in place.

"I...uh...right. Flesh...fresh..."

He stammered before discarding his clothing and diving into the water.

A long beat would pass if she'd expect him to pop out of the water, but instead he'd quietly slip out of the water, just behind Rex.

Smiling to himself, an arm slipped around her waist as his other hand began to rinse her over. Gliding over her arms, her neck, and exposed torso.

"Relax..."

He spoke quietly, motioning her to lean back against him.

"I'll take care of the rest. Just, relax Yea?"

A kiss pressed the side of her cheek as his free hand reached into the water and began to gently splash and caress over her body.

He looked over her scars as he washed her, fingers trailing over her brand. His eyes slowly moved between the scar and her eyes.

The attempt was to blatantly disfigure and mark her, robbing her of her identity and beauty...it brought him a small amount of pleasure knowing the intent of that brand had failed.

He'd turn her over, lifting her gently to bring her legs around his waist, backpedaling further into the water.

His feet barely keeping them up, he'd watch Rex quietly, hand wiping her hair aside.

"Beyond watching eyes our souls reached out, and when I awoke from a vast and smiling peace...I found you..."

His voice trailed off as he leaned over and pressed a kiss, long, savoring before slipping his lips away to continue.

"...bathed, in morning light."

The makeshift poem, thought on the fly. Alistair mused by the woman before him. Mysteriously appearing one day, only to hope she didn't fade the next.

He grinned as he looked her over.

"I've not been inspired to recite such things in quite some time...who are you?"

A question asked so simply, but he knew the answer to be complex, but it held true.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Perhaps Rexanna was a bit bolder than Alistair, the fact that shedding her clothes in the daylight came to her with ease. She knew she was easy on the eyes, but beautiful was something only Alistair had told her. The thought left her with a smile despite the cold. Yet she watched while he undressed, dipping her body lower into the water in an effort to get more used to the cold and hopefully not result in hypothermia. Soon, however, Alistair had discarded his own and she drank in his appearance briefly, without the cover of night to hide every little bit.

He dove into the water and disappeared, and when she had expected him to bob his dark curled head up, her brows pulled together in concern. Surely the man could swim, right? Her arms moved out as she propelled herself more upright, ready to search the water in case he sunk to the bottom like a bag of rocks. Suddenly, however, there was a touch – an arm slipping about her waist causing a surprised yet delighted shriek to slip from her lips. “Alistair!” She wanted to reprimand, but instead laughed. He told her to relax, and so she did, leaning ever so slightly into his own chilled skin.

A kiss was pressed to her cheek as he began to wash the dirt and sweat from her, her own arms lifting and tangling her hands in his curled wet hair as she relaxed in his arms. After a few moments, she turned to face him, her eyes lingering on his stubbled jawline while he surveyed her scars, her brand specifically. His eyes traveling from the brand to her eyes and back. She didn’t feel bad about the scars or the brand, not anymore. It was more of an awkward thing to try and explain, but Alistair understood and for that she was thankful.

Her legs wrapped around him easily, her arms linking behind his neck as he moved them further into the water before he spoke. Her eyes slipping from the water and the world around them to his dark eyes, a smile lighting them up as well as the corners of her lips before he pressed his lips to hers. Rex kissed him back, gentle at first yet growing hungrier the longer they kissed until he pulled away. When he finally spoke again, she laughed slightly, her legs tightening around his waist and her arms pulling him closer to her so she could plant a kiss on his neck. “I’ve heard I’m a great many things.” She whispered to his ear, her nose running lightly against his neck before she pulled back to look at him again.

I’ve been told I was nothing, then the most important thing. I’ve been told I was an item bought to make peace. I’ve been told I was only a body to host a child of two nations.” She paused thoughtfully, her head cocking to the side as she surveyed him. “Didn’t really succeed, however.” She flashed him a small smile, somewhat alluding to the fact she had almost carried the child, though it hadn't made it to term. “But I am a daughter of a Queen and a warrior. I’m told I have my mother’s heart and my father’s fierceness. Perhaps that is why I get to spend today with you, not in some cell waiting to be beaten again or branded more. Or why I still have my head.” A half laugh escaped her before she got a bit more serious. “The “C” stands for many things, you know. Crown. A property of the crown. Charlatan. Captive, Calstron, my ex-husband’s name.” She paused for a few thoughtful seconds. “Doesn’t matter much anymore. Besides, I’m souring the mood.” She said with a wink, pulling him close for another kiss.

"Tell me about you." She purred in his ear, planting another kiss on his neck just below his ear and beneath his stubbled chin.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair settled in the water, keeping his fingers loosely clashing her hips as Rexanna leaned back and weaved her tale of who she was. The mention of a child, or lack there of pinged a certain area of his heart.

Deep down Alistair always wanted children of his own. It had been long in his plans, though fate saw it differently. As she went on he listened intently, not bothering to interrupt, he simply watched, his thumbs running along her sides.

At her mention of the brand and what it symbolized, he again leaned down and kissed against it before looking at Rex.

"Calm...carefree...candid...capable...charming."

The latter spoken through a smirk as he began step further back into the water. It was clear what he was doing. He was twisting the meaning of the mark, to provide an alternative as to what it represents to her now.

"Captivating...that suits best I think."

Alistair continued as his voice softened. He'd bring her close so her arms curled around his neck and her chin would rest against her shoulder as he swam around slowly, keeping his upright position.

"42...that was the first name I ever had. When I was found, there were so many children, unclaimed. So they gave us numbers.

...42..."

Alistair chuckled softly as one arm held around her waist.

"Imagine that...growing up as a number being your only identity. Most of the other children stayed within the confines of the orphanage, but I held a zest for exploration.

I drowned my nose in books, adventures I only dreamt of. So when the opportunity arose, I seized it. I would run as far as my legs took me, favoring the rooftops. It just offered a different view of the world you know?

Ishmal found me, starved and withered in the rain. He didn't think twice, he took me up and provided me with a home.

He gave me a name, gave me a life. He gave me everything. He insisted I learn as much as my mind allowed. Took up reading, writing, fencing, basic skills in hospitality.

Formal dancing, music...He never pressured me. He was gracious. To take me in like that."

He would lean back slightly to look over Rexanna.

"I'm often asked why am I so kind to others? I tell them, because I've seen the ugly side of this world...and I could never bring myself to give that to another.

The world is dark enough...People don't need to be reassured of it any more than they are now."

He shrugged as if to say, what else could he do. Leaning he'd gently wrap his lips against hers. It had meant to be a peck, though his eyes held hers and lingered with intent and mischief before pressing a deeper kiss.

Hands clasped Rex's cheeks as his kisses held firmer, hungrier before a sudden move would...bind them once again.

His breath startled only slightly, before he tightened his hold of her, kissing along the side of her neck.

Rexanna was an awakening. In her own way she reminded him he was alive, passionate, inspired. Never had he felt so free, so alive. Their path was uncertain, and he was quite fine with that. If he looked too far ahead he would miss out on a rather...invigorating present.

Alistair stumbled more toward the shallower end, laughing against her shoulder as he worked to get better leverage.

Swimming over toward a large stone at the rim of the shore on the slightly less deeper end, he pressed Rex's back against the cool stone, locking his hands at the helm of the stone above her and taking advantage of their current position.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
He listened to her, and not like the way that people half listened. He was interested in the story, the tale she told of how she came to be, of the scars and the brands and the life she’d gladly and eagerly left behind. Yet he leaned forward, despite the dark tale she wove of what the brand stood for, kissing it gently as he leaned back and looked to her again. Her eyes resting from his stubbled jawline to his lips and finally resting on his eyes. She snorted to him as he spoke of good things that start with a C, shaking her head slightly.

I wish I could think of it better.” She offered with a small smile, yet he began to move and with him she went, following him as he settled on a word that suited her best, her smile widening and her nose crinkling with the movement. “You are a flirt.” She ended up saying as his voice ended softer, her arms linking up again around his neck, legs wrapping around his middle as he took them to wherever he deemed best. But as he spoke, of his own dark history, her thumb gently caressed his temple.

She nodded to him in understanding. No, she didn’t grow up with a number, but she had been a servant, a slave of some kind to an old system. When he spoke of being interested in exploring, she smiled to him kindly. His tale continued to weave, of books and adventures, of running off to gods knew where, until his tale landed with the kindness of the man that had taken him in. To which, her eyes remained on him and not where they were heading, nodding with him before her thumb paused by his temple. “We should dance sometime.” She murmured while he leaned back to look back at her – his dark eyes engulfing her as the water made waves over their bodies.

He began to speak again, however, of his kindness, and it caused a small almost sad smile to grow on her lips as she nodded along. “You’re a very kind person, Alistair. Despite all the terrible things that have happened, it didn’t change you.” She said, emphasizing it with her hand pressing against his chest over his heart. “It’s important that despite what you do, have done, or have to do, so long as you remain you and don’t change to become the very same terrible things you experienced, is worth it.” She said quietly, contemplatively. “I didn’t become all those things they said I was. They thought it, but they didn’t know if I were to be set free that it wouldn’t happen again.” She replied with a shrug of her shoulders, the water running from her neck. “The people who have done those things have nothing on you when you didn’t become what you sought to make better. That’s what I tell myself anyway.” Her head tilted slightly as he shrugged.

His legs wrapped around hers, and he leaned toward her so their lips met. At first it seemed soft and gentle, but it soon grew more intimate as they crashed and collided again, his hands rough from calluses gripped her cheeks gently at first and then growing hungrier as the kiss grew longer. Her breath hitched slightly as his lips left her own and moved toward her neck, along the side of it to which she lifted her head slightly. He moved toward the shallow end, his chin brushing her branded shoulder while he did so as he moved her around to where her back touched the rock he placed her against.

An almost breathless gasp escaped her lips as the chill of the stone reverberated through her. A slight grin forming on her lips as she tangled her fingers into his dark hair, her body pressing into him as she kissed him again and again. Her arms unwrapped themselves from around his neck, and instead she used them to pull him closer to her, her fingers and nails digging into his shoulders. She craved more and more, and she let him know as the waters lapped against their skin and her back touched the rock. She looped her legs around him and moved her head toward his neck, kissing and aiming a demanding bite where his neck met his shoulder.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Rhythm intensified, his breath growing heavier before Alistair reached down, hooking arm under the leg of Rexanna lifting it to rest over his shoulder as he pressed harder into her. Watching the grin flicker along her lips caused him to do the same.

A spark had been lit inside Alistair, the fuse began to slowly burn building to crescendo but it would not be yet. There was thinking, no waxing poetic or romantic nothings. It was passion, pure, primal, without expectations or regard...and he loved every single minute of it.

Lips pressed along the side of her calf, hand clasping her knee as the other held her leg around her waist as he began pushing against her with enough momentum to begin lifting Rexanna off the rock with every lunge forward

The arm that had hooked around her leg than swung her completely around, giving them both a quick reprieve as he positioned Rex to lay forward against the stone, Alistair leaning forward against her. Kisses gently given to the back of her shoulders and neck, working his way down the center of her back, lower toward the small of her back.

Again he leaned over Rex, gently kissing against her shoulders before licking his fingers and sliding them into her, working them as a master pianist playing a sonata. Alistair glanced down, and worked to make sure she was properly 'ready' before an arm swooped over her waist as he slowly, gently entered from another, more sensitive location.

His motions at first were slow, deliberate, to give her a chance to adjust. Kissing her neck, cheek, and shoulders softly to relax her body. As her felt her body began to accept, his fingers slipped further down and in from the other end, moving furiously with every increasingly harder push, the easier it became to move.

Alistair groaned louder, his other arm hooking around her shoulder and lifting Rex to lean back against him. One hand working in her, the other clasping her shoulder press her harder onto him.

Movements of his fingers increased as he his own did before a final lunge lifted Rex slightly. His breath steadying against the back of her neck as laid her forward once more, his body heaving, resting over her own.

Fade to Black

It was just before noon now as they laid along the shore of the Oasis. Alistair, with a long blade of grass, gently caressed Rex's exposed side from her shoulder to her legs. He kept doing it absently, not even thinking why, as he just watched her resting.

Words were non-existent in his mind as he simply looked at Rexanna and laughed softly. A connection shared beyond words was something to savor. Words could be manufactured, rehearsed...the body rarely ever lied so deliberately.

For someone so used to communicating verbally, using his words to articulate every ounce of feeling he had...it was odd, though rather intriguing to have met someone that showed him there were other more...lucrative ways to express yourself.

You didn't need to hear your own voice every minute of every day...sometimes the sound of flesh and pleasure would do just fine.

He'd lean over and press a kiss onto her hip, than to her lips before laying back.

"I..."

A side-eyed gaze would be given as he grinned.

"This...all of this...has been an awakening for me. I just, all of this...it's been beyond measure."

He was curious if she would be assuming he'd be dropping a 'but...' along his state, both had their fun what more was there to do? right?

"I'd like to see you. I mean I've SEEN you..."

He chuckled, realizing how silly that sounded before continuing.

"But I mean...see you, properly. Knock on the door, flowers, fine meal...a dance maybe if you're feeling particularly frisky. I've taught myself to not hold any expectations, you could never be disappointed that way...but that doesn't mean I would neglect a chance to be surprised."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
Theirs had been such a passionate encounter – only having known one another for a day and already it was as if they spoke the same language. They moved with one another, reacted to one another, indulged one another. Rexanna had hardly met anyone like him, especially in this regard. Typically she took the reins, too careful in making sure she seduced the man to save her life. But this time, she saved nothing. Instead, she was here for her and was pleasantly rewarded with it. She let Alistair guide her, move her, primally dancing with one another.

His arm had hooked around her leg, moving it up above his shoulder as he continued to move, a grin forming on her lips as she melted into him. A gasp leaving her lips as he moved her, her hips moving toward him in an effort to silently plead for more – but he began to move them. His free arm turning her and she obliged, despite wanting to protest, the heat pounding within her wanting to remain. But this language between them, of new beginnings and unexpected meetings, allowed her to let him guide her yet again. He leaned forward into her now, his stubbled chin brushing against her shoulders – turned red by the heat of their moments together.

He kept moving lower and lower however, and she found herself resting her forehead on the rock. But his kisses stopped at her lower back, another finding its way to her shoulders as she began to grow somewhat confused. Until… There it was. At first, she steadied herself against the rock, her head moving back as he slowly moved, a soft moan slipping from her lips pressing against him as she relaxed, his arm wrapping around her to press her further into him and she effectively dissolved into him. At the sound of his groan, his name left her lips in an almost breathless plea, arms moving from steadying herself to hook around his neck, her nails digging into his shoulders hard enough to leave tiny scratches as the two of them indulged.

– fade to black –

They had left the water, the shore lapping quietly against the rocks as she laid on her side – her sapphire eyes watching as Alistair grasped onto a blade of grass to run along her sides. Goosebumps ran from her hip to her shoulder with the movement, and she wanted to quietly laugh at the feeling. She was tired, however, not tired enough to sleep, but she was certain she might not be able to stand without wobbling slightly. She figured she’d try in a bit, but for now she was content in watching him, the dark curls of his head as he surveyed her.

Then he laughed quietly, and she found herself leaning up on her elbow to raise an eyebrow at him – mock accusingly. “What’s funny?” She said, quietly and with a hoarse throat due to the recent events. But instead, he leaned over and kissed her exposed hip, then her lips before laying back onto his back. She remained looking at him, however, brows pulling together slightly as he began to speak and pause. He eyed her from the side, and a grin formed on his lips as he began to speak again. To which she nodded, her concern fading and instead being replaced with a look of mild surprise. “Me too.” She offered quietly, waiting for the but as he probably assumed she would.

Then he spoke again, and her brows lifted with true surprise and a small bit of laughter. “Every part, I’d dare to say.’ She added with another small laugh. But then he offered it out there, laid it onto the table. To date him, when she’d only been here so long with so many things that could go wrong at any time. After one day. She wasn’t sure what to say, but she knew everything had moved so fast and with it, she did care for Alistair after all – despite the shortness of their friendship.

So she moved toward him then, making sure he was on his back before lifting her leg over him and straddling him, taking his arms and pinning them above his head as she placed a kiss to his lips and looked into his dark eyes. “I would like that very much.” She began, her smile faltering slightly. “But I’m… not entirely sure if I’m ready for a full-fledged relationship just yet.” She paused, seeing how he’d respond to her announcement. “There’s still so much to learn of everything in this world, and we’ve only just met yesterday, I would like to get to know you a bit more first.” She explained, smiling to him to relieve any insecurities he might have. She leaned down again and kissed his throat, where his adam’s apple protruded slightly. “I very much like you.” She purred before moving to his collarbones. “And I very much like this.” Her voice was soft as she lifted her head to look back into his eyes.

If we could just start off slow? I do love flowers, and I would love a dance.” She offered a half laugh, finally letting go of his arms and sitting up, her dark blue gaze sweeping over him. “You’re so very kind and generous, it’s just that things for me didn’t quite go so well when they went fast.” Her head tilted slightly. “I would love to keep seeing you, I'm just afraid of getting too attached too quickly.” She finally said, moving to stand and gather her clothes. She pulled on her undergarments, then her pants, and finally her shirt before she turned back to him and offered his bundle of clothes. “Start with a hunt as the first official date, hmm?” She questioned with a raised brow, grinning to him with her bright white smile.

Her eyes lingered on him a few more moments, hoping that perhaps she hadn’t upset him in some way. But he had to understand from her perspective – so many years on the run, of hiding from everything and her feelings, the threats of her husband, of her returning to him one day regardless of if he’d have to cross worlds to find her. He hadn’t made it here yet, and she hoped he never did, but she couldn’t be too certain and she definitely didn’t want Alistair to pay the price. Whether it be ex-husbands or gods with a vendetta.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair briefly closed his eyes as Rexanna stradled him, opening to look up to her. The mind was willing but if she was aiming for another round he would have to summon reserves he never knew he had.

It would take a miracle or a blessing of the gods to get him in operating order...for now.

But as she continued to speak Alistair smirked and nodded. As he got dressed he stood and looked to her.

"There's no such thing as certainties. I'm not a fool, not anymore. I know how things work."

Alistair replied with a shrug and grin.

"What this is...I have no idea. It's fun, and I want to continue it. That's all I know. What that means after today I have no idea, but for now, we'll focus on the now and go from there."

Walking over, without warning he'd scoop up Rex and carry her piggyback style.

"Where would you like to go? The day is still young, and your chariot awaits."

He'd buck her slightly to get a better grip of her legs before continuing.

"Hunting sounds perfect by the way...have any experience? The tracking, the cleaning...people seem to forget that messy bit."

Alistair teased with a grin, testing to see how she felt about getting her hands dirty.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She watched him get dressed, her sapphire gaze lingering on every chiseled curve of his body. He turned to look at her then, shrugging and grinning as he spoke, and she exhaled a breath of relief, brightly smiling to him back. “Wonderful.” She murmured, nodding in agreement to him. “Invigorating, beautiful, fun.” She added with a wiggle of her eyebrows and a quiet laugh.

Then he walked over to her, scooping her up as she emitted a quiet and surprised giggle. She wrapped her arms around his neck, tightening her hold onto him as he moved her to better grip her legs. “My chariot seems quite capable of going anywhere if you ask me.” She laughed yet again, pressing her cheek to his head as they moved. She nodded, her head brushing by his hair briefly before she cleared her throat.

I had to learn to do some tracking in my years. I’m good with a bow and a knife.” She shrugged her shoulders, tapping her fingers along his shoulder for a moment. “Could probably use an official lesson in the cleaning, though if I’m being perfectly honest.” She admitted with another quiet snicker. She lifted her head then to look at the day ahead, to where they could go, squinting her eyes against the light. “Though I’m not sure where to find anything. Are the fields a good place to look?” She questioned, willing to go with him wherever.
RexannA

coding
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Change author:
ALISTAIR
"Are you now? Well then, there's something to look forward to."

He would tease, mockingly showing he was impressed at her mention of her skills with a bow. His own held loosely in his hand, as the other held the arrows, content with the cumbersome nature of the trek because of carrying Rex along their journey.

"We're to make for the woodlands, you'll find more ample game there, though the fields have house smaller creatures which you would think is easier, but they're quite clever."

Alistair grinned, arms tucking her legs further into him as he took a path into the woodlands, which would eventually lead to the fields, but for now, the trees provided ample cover from the sun.

The ambient sounds of the woodlands beamed with life. Birds of all sorts soared across overhead, Riesling of leaves echoed unseen.

Alistair grinned as he set his bow and arrows down before reaching over and lowering Rex's feet down.

He groaned, rolling his shoulders and rubbing his lower back, overly dramatic-like as if to mock the strain of carrying her, before offering a wink, taking up his bow once more.

"Come on then..."

He'd motion for Rex to follow as he moved forward, scouting for tracks. Alistair seemed much more still, his body moving like an animal stalking after wounded prey just as he found a set of tracks and began to slowly pursue.

It was then he reached into his pocket, realizing something he sighed slightly before slipping an onyx stone from his pocket.

Way back when, it actually meant something. Seemed so long ago, back then it seemed like the most important thing, now it was simply a stone, but he grinned as he studied it for a moment. The light reflecting off its star-like specs. Giving the stone the appearance of a pure evening sky.

It was smoothed and glossed over, only enhancing the sheen. Glancing back he'd look over to Rexanna and offer the stone to her.

"In another life, I was once told this held great significance. To find one meant good fortune, and kept the darkness away.

Perhaps I was a fool, but I believed it once upon a time."

He smirked, motioning for Rexanna to take it.

"I think I've used up all it's good intentions...the last of it, having you wander and disrupting my landscape sketch. You take it, maybe it'll bring you luck, for the man you want to help...and just, to help you find your way no matter the path you have to take to get there. As long as in the end, you're happy, we'll both know there was still some good spared in it for you."

His voice held its usual rasp, if a bit softer as he nodded, assuring Rexanna it was ok for her to accept the gift.