i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore.
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

”Ashe!”

Every single muscle froze. Every nerve, every piece of her attention zeroed in on the sound of that voice. Her name. Her eyes were locked on that blackness she couldn’t see into, that darkness she could see easily allow to swallow her whole. Everything halted, in her mind, in her body, it seemed her very heart had stopped - gods above, she forgot how to breathe.

She would never forget that voice. Not for as long as she lived. It shattered through her, her name in that voice, and for the first time in perhaps weeks.. Lightning flickered beneath moon-pale skin, up her arms as her heart suddenly jolted to a start again. Then stopped. Then started again. She was never supposed to hear that voice again, never, especially not here! Two worlds the had traveled across now, he could not be here. Ashe’s wide eyes turned to the ground as her ears started ringing, her scarred hands started shaking. She had fled from their world, left him and what was left of the Guild behind - left his betrayal behind. She had pushed his memory down deep, his name, that gods-damned voice…

She almost just kept walking.

Ashe’s hands clenched into fists as something powerful surged in her - a rush of something searing hot and so cold it hurt. Maggot-ridden stallion. Rot. Mud. A black shafted arrow. The assassin lifted her head, staring at the dark again. It seemed to grow the longer she looked, whispering and calling and telling her to just let go. How far down the tunnels go? How far could she make it before she couldn’t breathe anymore?

She didn’t continue on. Ashe instead turned to face Silver Wing, her eyes brittle as they settled upon him. Staring at him, she remained still and silent as ever… and the Assassin in Blue let out a sharp and bitter laugh that echoed horribly into the dark cavern. She didn’t like the sound of madness that came back with it. She hated herself for the dim sense of relief, realizing that her mystery training partner had been him all along. Of course it had been him. Someone more familiar than even the map of scars on her body. Something in her had known, she thought. She had known who it was she chased through the ruins, through the treetops. She had known whose hands strummed that guitar on the other side of her campfire the other night, lulling her into the first sleep she’d had in days. Idiot girl. How many chances had he had to plunge a knife into her? Since when did he possess magic? But she knew him, once. Knew the games he played, his flare for the dramatic. Since finding that arrow, his arrow, in her blood-father’s eye, she had come to realize she had never known him at all.

The echoes of that barked laugh faded, and her eyes darted down to where Reckoning lay over her cloak. Did she care to lunge for it? To protect herself? Did it matter anymore? Her eyes settled on him again, and she wouldn’t say his name, wouldn’t think it. Gods she wanted to, though. When was the last time she uttered his name? She thought back to the week before she’d sold him out, sold out the entire Guild. Had she said it then? Had it really been as long as before her final contract that she had said his name? Before he had shot an arrow through the eye of her father, obliterating her, obliterating them.

”I told you if I ever saw you again, Silver Wing,” she said to him, her weight shifting to the balls of her feet. Her voice trembled. ”I would kill you.” Lightning flickered across her knuckles and between her fingers, her power hissing along her bones after sleeping for so long. She remembered the last thing he ever said to her, the words clawing at her. You’re pathetic. You couldn’t do it yourself, could you? You coward. Want me dead? Look me in the eyes and fucking do it!

You coward.

Kalt

ashetta
it's live or die my way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore. - by Ashetta - 12-04-2018, 07:15 PM