Personal Quest Gourding/Guarding the Library [Seasonal Event]
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

This was rich: Edrei, as always, was acting as if her actions didn’t have consequences and that she was never the one to blame. Unfortunately for her, Loren was done coddling his family. And then she had the audacity to come and call him an asshole when she was one of the most selfish people he’d ever met. Well, too bad for her; Loren was finally giving in to his darker impulses and letting his family know what he really thought of them. ”Takes one to know one.” Yes, Loren was being petty, but Edy was the epitome of petty and small-minded, so he didn’t feel bad in the slightest. ”Yeah, well, your promise not to ever leave me forced me out of my own home that night, so forgive me for taking a different point of view over it.” He hadn’t realized just how much bitterness he carried from that night, and of being the one forced to apologize when she had been at least partially, if not fully, at fault.

The stress of his life and this situation was causing him to be less diplomatic than he might otherwise have been—not that he’d ever claimed to be good at it, quite the opposite—but he found that it felt good to cut loose. In fact, being responsible had brought him nothing but pain. The few times he’d allowed himself to have fun and act like a true Launceleyn, with no regard for others, were the happiest times in his life. He didn’t need to be careful all the time.

Except where it came to his book. Amalia didn’t know this, but he would never allow harm to come to them, which was why he was fighting back against this assault with his most powerful tools. He was tiring though: between being attacked and the strain of casting multiple spells in quick succession (especially since magic was wonky) he was quickly going to run out of energy.

However, his eyes widened as an arch appeared above the woman; Edy didn’t have that sort of ability, so it had to be the other woman. After all, Remi didn’t have magic, so process of elimination led Loren to conclude the stranger was a mage of some sort. If so, she should know that they had control over where and how their spells hit. At least this time the fire wasn’t Loren’s fault: while his phoenix was still on the field, guarding their backs, Edy was the one to throw the fireball. ”I think what you meant to say was ‘thank you for saving me.’” This lady really didn’t know what she was talking about.

Ignoring her for now, Loren turned to Remi. ”Can you pull her out of the danger? I’ll cover you.” Indeed, he was already calling up more power, straining, trying to bat the still attacking gourds out of the air above the beleaguered stranger. He was deep in his magic, but something caught the corner of his eye; turning his head, his eyes widened as he saw a pumpkin pick up a book, roll, and then chuck the volume at the group. It fell off the shelf and landed on the ground with a splat, but the book flew true. Loren ducked, but he wasn’t the target. No, Edy was: the tome was headed straight for her head, and it looked heavy.

This time, Loren actually found himself in agreement with the strange woman. ”No more fire!” He tried to catch the book in the air with his powers, but they were momentarily spent. Even worse, other pumpkins were following the first ones lead, and many more books strarted winging through the air towards Loren’s relative from every direction. Still, if the vegetables were smart enough to use the library’s tomes as projectiles, Loren wasn’t going risk them getting hurt. Indeed, though it hurt his heart—though his slightly exhausted body thanked him—he dismissed the phoenix and summoned a simple wooden club, swinging it clumsily to try and smash any squash that got near as he attempted to clear a path to Edy. Honestly, he wasn’t sure if he was planning to save her or the books.

OOC Note: No post order! Target chosen at random.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gourding/Guarding the Library [Seasonal Event] - by Loren - 12-21-2018, 03:50 PM