Training the teacher becomes the student
for an Evie!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
The Wraith soaks up whatever knowledge is offered, a far more eager student than she ever was in her youth. Nodding, she understands that there is a difference (duh, healing is not growing or repairing) but that… turn is not what Wessex expected. In fact, the older woman moves to try and stop her from cutting herself as soon as she realizes that that’s what Evie intends to do, reaching out to stay the blade but ultimately knows that the girl is perfectly capable of making her own choices.

This generosity takes her privately aback. It’s unexpected. It also makes her resolve to help Evie in whatever way she can, should she ever ask it. Such things are freely given between the Naturals and Wessex knows a debt when she sees one.

“Alright.” Holding her hand out over the cut, side-by-side with her own, Wessex feels the magic as soon as it seeps into the air and latches on, directing it towards the sliced flesh with a will to heal and knit. Between the two of them she’s sure it’ll be healed in no time. And if it is - she’ll smile and say, “Thank you,” hesitate, and then continue. “Just one more thing. Can you - attack me with your earth magic? Actually try to harm me?” Jigano had done that, once. She’d like to know what it would be like to defend with it.

They both know she isn’t likely to do any real harm. “I wouldn’t dream of turning it back on you.” In case that helps sway Evie’s opinion.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
tell me all of the things
that make you feel at ease
Evie is prepared for such a minimal sacrifice, though Wessex's faltering attempt to stop her is appreciated for what it means. Though the women have not had time alone with one another often, Evie feels she owes Wessex a great deal nonetheless. For taking care of Sam, for taking the heavy mantle left in Zariah's wake as it was shuffled around, for being so unapologetic about herself in a way Evie can only scarcely hope to imitate. The sting of the cut is nothing in comparison.

Their combined healing has a swiftness that is noticeable to Evie, having spent most of her life testing the limits of her original magic. The last request thankfully comes before she feels the pressure to say something (never a good thing with Evie. Sam got most of the word vomit curse, but she's far from immune). A quirk of a playful smile is her response to Wessex's last assurance. A philosophers sort of question: can Ascended dream? "It's too weak to be truly frightening, but I'll do my best." Though not strictly necessary, she lifts her hand to the closest bough, and with a forceful yank on as many leaves and their small stems as she can manage, hurls them at Wessex in a maelstrom of sharp undersides and annoyingly dizzying colors. Not that the Wraith had much to fear, but it's the thought that counts.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
There’s a small quirk of her own lips in return; as if Evie could ever be frightening to Wessex.

Their proximity to each other means that she has less time to react than usual, but such will be the sacrifice of close-quarter combat (as she’ll eventually find out with Weaver), so practice is essential. Thank goodness it’s not fire. The Wraith would have been a real ghost with this one. She splutters for a second (though there’s no pain and inhaling something won’t hurt her), hit by the first bits of debris before she shoves the maelstrom aside. The mass of leaves and twigs seem to clear the immediate area around her face, hovering for a moment before they fall to the ground.

This isn’t real combat. She wouldn’t be able to do just that and survive. But it’s an idea of how fast and reflexively she can work. A pensive expression wander across her face as she nods and steps back. “Interesting. Very interesting. You’re a generous teacher, Evie. Thank you.”
WESSEX
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
tell me all of the things
that make you feel at ease
It's more of a party trick than an attack with the weakened state, but creative at least. The leaves themselves are more weaponised than her magic, though Wessex is predisposed to being unaffected by them. The reaction this time is more interesting to examine, and Evie isn't sure what criteria Wessex is comparing herself to, but it certainly seems adequate from her shoes.

The compliment makes her flush a tad in the cheeks, waving away the compliment elegantly. "I was happy to help. Do you need me to try anything else?" Wessex has the ability to claim more of the redheads time if she desires, otherwise she assumes they will part ways amicably.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
The Wraith shakes her head and looks around. “Nah, I’ve got plenty to think about. Thanks again.” She starts to head out of the copse of trees but then stops and turns back with a mischievous grin on her face.. “You’ve always been my favorite Wordsworth. Don’t tell Sam.” Adding in a little wink, she pushes the branches aside to continue on her way and then disappears completely - deciding that she might as well teleport as walk, it’s not like she needs to worry about burning calories or anything.

{Fin!}
WESSEX