aground upon the sands
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"The fruit of a lifetime's worth of experience," Jigano said with mock-modesty, blue eyes twinkling and his own smile breaking out, broad and relieved that an encounter that had started with such concern had turned to laughter. It was a balm to the lingering shadows of LongNight, a reassertion of life and optimism that he clung to gratefully, innocent of the further tragedy that waited just around the seasonal corner at the upcoming Festival.

'Humble' wasn't a term normally applied to the chatterbox bard, but he nodded his head in acceptance of the compliment with a rueful smile. "Hmm. The Voice, you mean? Yes, several times. I used to be far more discrete about such things... but by now you can ask just about anyone in the Settlement and they'll be able to tell you," he said with a wry chuckle and a slight shrug. "I arrived from my world Attuned, but I recently earned the ire of one of the gods and was struck down for my hubris. Since then I've regained - or rather, attained - the ability to do magic as well." He tilted his head thoughtfully at Harper's questions, trying not to wince at the mention of Safrin. "Ah. Yes. The star-eyed lady is the one whose bad side I ended up on," he admitted with a wince. "Though the same could be said of the Voice... I don't have a good record with the goddesses of Caido, I'm afraid."

Curiosity about the Voice, though? Even after Safrin had warned him away from her? Harper might not realize what a dangerous game he was playing, but he was a grown man. Perhaps he'd learn from Jigano's mistakes... or perhaps he'd have to make his own. Barring an angry bear, he seemed like the type who was able to take care of himself, so the bard hummed thoughtfully as he marshaled his memories. He'd already told Harper what he knew of her origins, but more recently? "She is... secretive," he said at last. "When I first arrived I went with others to her Shrines, curious or wishing to support them. She made it clear that those who weren't Ascended - specifically, those who were Attuned or mages, weren't wanted there. She seems as eager to convince the Accepted to Ascend as the old gods are to convince them to Attune, which only makes it look more like the two sides are gearing up for a fight - or, no," he interrupted himself with a faint grimace. "The battle is already underway, though for the moment it's on a smaller scale, at least. She is... not a physical goddess, like Safrin or Frey tend to appear. She looks more as though she's made of light, like some kind of electrical illusion, and she takes the appearance of a young girl." He paused throwing Harper a warning look. "Don't be fooled. She's neither sweet nor innocent. She's been directly involved in the killing of Fae, and of an ancient, peaceful tree-spirit in the Greatwood. She can freeze you with less than a flick of her finger, hold you trapped and still as a lamb to the slaughter." His expression was grim, his voice hard as he recalled a clearly personal encounter. "She might have been human once... but from what I've seen, she's abandoned all that she was in her ascension. It is power that matters to her, and her desire for more of it, that drove the first war, that drives her still, I think."

Messages In This Thread
aground upon the sands - by Harper - 12-28-2019, 12:46 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Jigano - 12-28-2019, 04:35 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Harper - 12-30-2019, 06:49 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Jigano - 12-30-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Harper - 01-03-2020, 02:32 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Jigano - 01-03-2020, 04:14 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Harper - 01-07-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Jigano - 01-07-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Harper - 01-08-2020, 05:05 AM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Jigano - 01-08-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: aground upon the sands - by Harper - 01-15-2020, 07:59 AM