Mini Event why do our hearts choose lovers that make use suffer
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe looked up as Rex grabbed her elbow, her frown reflected in her wide brown eyes. If ever there were a melancholy bride, it was her. "Jata is proving a point now though. It doesn't really matter what I want. He will make this wedding happen just to prove that he will hold to his word." she said quietly. Not that she thought he would hurt her to do so, not physically anyways. But he was so determined to see this through that he seemed blind to her sadness and hurt his behavior caused. Things were set in motion that she didn't think she had the strength to stop, and so she had resigned herself to her place.

And then, out of the blue, Harper appeared.

The brush against her cheek caught her off guard, eyes widening. In the days since this spite engagement passed, she wasn't sure anyone had shown her such sympathy and kindness. Jata had been short and downright mean at times. Loren had been chiding and warning. Even now, Rex had been the same, warning her away. But Harper, even as he made clear he did not agree with her actions, affirmed his support of her. He was gentle and kind and sympathetic...and apologetic as if he were somehow to blame for this whole mess she was in. He didn't ask for specifics or actions - he offered presence all of his own accord, as if by some instinct he knew exactly what she had been after this entire time. She stared at him wide-eyed, lips slightly parted, shocked to silence by it.

And then he turned away, calling her beautiful, wishing her this wedding to be all she wanted. Her heart panged painfully in her chest, and she surged forward before her mind could even catch up with her actions.

Thin arms wrapped around Harper's middle, pinning his arms to his sides, her forehead pressed to the center of his back. "I don't. I don't want it. I don't want to marry him." she said, breath hitching as tears welled up in her eyes. She had not cried since Fiat Lux. Not once. Were it not for Harper's tenderness, the gentleness of treatment she had craved, she might've remained stoney and rigid, a ghost of her former self. But with a single touch to her check, the facade cracked and crumbled and began to fall. "I...It's all gone too far. I tried to play his stupid game and hold out and make him lose but...I'm not brave enough. And... I don't know how to stop it. I don't think I can." Tears rolled freely now, wetting the back of his shirt.

"I don't want to marry him, Harper." she whispered.
all i wanted was to be wanted
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: why do our hearts choose lovers that make use suffer - by Phoebe - 01-07-2020, 01:01 AM