head above water (open!)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
A worried look was thrown Sunjata's way. His hand inched closer to the man, practically begging to grasp the other's. He wanted to comfort him, feel close to him. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you...I'm really glad you're okay." Okay wasn't an accurate term, but it was better than saying alive. Sunjata wasn't one to show his emotions, Oliver had learned that. He also wasn't nearly as touchy-feely as him, so hand holding was probably off the table, literally.

Turning to look towards Melita, Oliver tried his best to listen and understand her. "The things had to be created by something....right? Someone had to have created to Blight....and someone had to have made both monsters." His eyes turned towards the table and his body shivered. The thought wasn't a pleasant one, but he had to say it. "Someone....someone might be trying to torture us....someone brought us here...what if they find joy in making us suffer?" And there we go. Oliver was officially making assumptions and allowing his thoughts to get darker and darker.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
but i come to life, come to life
some princes don't become kings
It is what it is.” He says simply, gaze shifting toward Oliver. In the end, he was alive, which was a better condition than many that had been there at Fiat Lux. In the end he was here, relatively unscathed (aside from the sickness that will develop and worsen with time). But he doesn’t grab Oliver’s hand, doesn’t do anything aside from run a hand through his hair once more and exhale quietly. He listens to the conversation between Oliver and Melita, hears the information that Melita gives when it came to the blighted pumpkin…

And, well, he sighs. “That’s just… Life.” He rumbles, gaze drifting back over to Oliver with a small shrug. “Shit happens again and again. There certainly wasn’t someone back home that brought us all there just to suffer. I doubt it’s the same here. It’s just how it is.” A quiet defeated sigh before he pours himself something strong and knocks it back with practiced ease before rubbing at a bruise that’s formed along his shoulder.

We should likely go and do something to help, don’t you think?” He asks the two of them, pushing away from the bar and putting his cigarette out, gaze lifting to Oliver and Melita all the same.

(I figure we can wrap this one up!)
even at the best of times,
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
there's always a glimmer in those
Maybe because she knew the art of suffering, of agonizing, and then skimming over the surface of its marooning, harpooning efforts, she couldn’t quite sink into the arch of Oliver’s despair. It could’ve been his first time witnessing and being a part of the greater struggle, where lives were at stake, where there were more than just rumored ruins, but the potential for treachery, for annihilation. She shook her head for a matter of moments, clearing out the pathways and cobwebs in her mind, a slow, dwindling breath caught in the fractures and schisms. It might’ve sounded monotone, or merely tired, fatigued, exhausted by the stretch of too many seconds and instances battered against the rocks. She could at least answer one of Oliver’s inquiries. “The blight was from the Voice.” A shrug in turn, like it was something normal. Like all of these series and cycles were just a part of life here, whether good or bad. “The other things live and grow here, just the same as us.” Some were hazardous, some were rare, and some were wonderful. It just hadn’t been any of the latter in these hours.

Her eyes lingered back upon Sunjata, taking the hint and the cue, stretching out her limbs as best she could, unfurling from the aches and pains. “Right. Let’s go.” No use dwelling any longer, perhaps, or getting caught in the haze, in the trap of descending further and further into the fathoms. Better to do, conduct, and assist – grabbing hold of her items, and shuffling towards the door.

- FIN for Melita
who have been through the dark
MELITA
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
That wasn't what Oliver wanted to hear. Sunjata may settle with just living with what is thrown at them, but Oliver wanted an answer. He wanted to understand why bad things kept happening. He couldn't believe that they simply just appeared, clearly, some higher being must be ruining life for them. Someone must have brought them here for a purpose and that purpose? Who the fuck knows. Maybe they get a twisted enjoyment out of watching them suffer. Bringing in people that they know would tear each other apart and ruin each other.

With a disgruntled look on his face, Oliver was forced to settle with the answers given to him. There wasn't much he could do about it. The only new bit of information he had gained was that the Voice had caused the Blight. The Voice had hurt his goddess. He would have to do some more research, ask around to see if maybe the Voice was responsible for this mud monster attack.

Oliver was half tempted to stay here and just drink himself to sleep, but he chose to follow along. "Doubt I can fucking help, but sure, whatever." His magic was useless, but fine. He would help.

Fin for Oliver.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
but i come to life, come to life
some princes don't become kings
The mention that the blight was from the Voice has Sunjata nodding along, but the rest of it all? Well, it was hard to say. There was no deity like the Voice in Korofi. There hadn’t been any, and yet terrible things continued to happen regardless. Flooding, storms, things of that nature that caused destruction time and time again.

The things here were just more magical, in the end.

Regardless, he stands and stretches out as well, giving a brief shrug toward Oliver at the comment. “Anything helps.” Anything would help. It was better than sitting there and doing nothing. And so with it, he goes with the rest of them to go see what they can do for help.

FIN
even at the best of times,
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.