{OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune
OPEN
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 34 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Alright so she’s being slightly over dramatic about the sun, but not entirely. She laughs slightly, at herself or just jovial, but not at him. “I mean it’s light is useful, don’t get me wrong. But it is never warm in Halo, only slightly less frigid. And in LongHeat in particular the sun just glares off all the ice and snow so badly that we can barely see, so it’s not all that helpful.” She shrugs, figuring he’s never visited Halo and therefore doesn’t quite understand what their life is life. It is freezing all the time and it’s not uncommon to barely have any daylight. They are all so capable of keeping a fire alive that it’s just rather normal for them. LongNight still sucked, though. That was just the nature of LongNight.

She listens as he talks about art. “Kudos to you. I am bad at all those things so it’s always impressive to find someone who doesn’t.” She could manage to draw a pretty nice stick figure (you know, the kind that has fingers at least), but that was generally the end of her art skills. “You are welcome to practice drawing me, I won’t be offended if I look like a bunny.” She grins at him with a jest, her tone light and teasing.

She is surprised at how eager he is for story-time with Weaver though. Her mother’s stories were far better, and usually Weaver just found herself poaching her mothers. She never told them as well though, never quite got the nuance of it right, but no one here knew her mother and at least, they could not compare. “I’ll tell you a tale of a huntress, a master of fire, who sought a white dragon.” Her tone becomes something of a story-tellers, a bit more rhythmic and dramatic, though she still cannot help but think that her mother’s voice was better suited to this. “This huntress was a beautiful woman, brave and some might say reckless. There were tales of a white dragon in the mountains of Halo, living near the top of its peak and deep inside a cave. She set out one morning with a group of hunters, for you never hunt a dragon alone, and made their way to the top of The Fangs, through memory snow and many ursurs.  After days of travel, and days more of searching, they found the dragon. It is said all but the huntress fled, as she alone could control the dragon’s fire and turned it back in on the dragon, besting it in combat. The huntress kept the riches for herself, supposedly, but she was never seen again.”

She pauses, letting the story sink in. “It’s mostly a children’s story, really, so I doubt it’s all true. But the locations, the animals, the spirit of the story tell you all you really need to know of Halo. It is a beautiful and deadly place.”

weaver

-- ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies --

Quote by Charles Dickens

Messages In This Thread
{OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Oliver - 01-05-2020, 12:56 AM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Weaver - 01-05-2020, 05:47 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Oliver - 01-05-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Weaver - 01-06-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Oliver - 01-12-2020, 03:00 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Weaver - 01-13-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Oliver - 01-17-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: {OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune - by Weaver - 01-19-2020, 07:19 PM