you anchor me back down
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
my held breath fills the room with blood
hurting in ways I can't describe
They are two tired fools with souls far older than their young faces imply. Sitting there with alcohol in her belly and tears still lingering on her lashes, Hotaru is struck with the urge to laugh. Swallows it down but nonetheless can't help her hysterical amusement at how far they have come. How they both ended up here, happier than ever and yet more miserable than ever in their shared grief in this moment. All because of love. Maybe it was better back then, to have loved so infrequently. Of the things she misses from Helovia, she never thought it would be the lack of available suitors - and their inevitable cause of heartbreak - that she would mourn the most today.

"A nice solid beating if you ever train together would definitely make me smile," she confesses with a weak laugh, gratitude shining in her heterochromic eyes as they lift to find the blue depths of his own. There's no such thing as overconfidence in Deimos' ability to destroy Sunjata. Dangerous levels of harm aside, it would certainly make her feel better if the bar owner had his shit rocked by her best friend.

Punches don't fix everything though, and while they'd make her happier in her own case, there's nothing Hotaru can fight on Deimos' behalf to help Amalia. There is nothing she can defend them from, nothing she can hunt down and bring the head back by way of revenge. All she can offer - what little she has - is useless. She's useless. "Do you need help completing it?" Whatever he needs she will give. She hasn't even met Amalia yet, wonders how they keep bypassing each other, but the woman means so very much to Deimos. That alone elevates her in Hotaru's esteem, would make her devote time and resources aplenty to heal the woman. There is nothing in this world or the next that Hotaru would not do to ensure Deimos' continued happiness. So when he opens his arms soundlessly, eyes concealed but still betraying his emotional upheaval held taut beneath his controlled veneer, Hotaru goes to him. Sinks into his chest, the embrace he offers as she wraps her own around him and hugs him tight. As if she could keep him safe in her ribcage until all of this passes.
my heart bends and breaks
so many, many times
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-08-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-09-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-11-2020, 01:46 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-11-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-19-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-19-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-21-2020, 09:40 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-23-2020, 12:19 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-28-2020, 07:26 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-29-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 02-01-2020, 04:06 AM