you anchor me back down
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Whoa, you let your feet run wild
Time has come as we all go down
Violence, vehemence, vengeance – retribution and revenge was something he could always endeavor to counter. “Of course,” held the barest hint of a smirk, a promise of foundations in mutiny, insurrection, and rebellion – more than enough reasons to maim and rampage over the Flood. Perhaps that was one key strategy lacking here: no one seemed to call one another out, no one seemed to challenge authority, no one seemed to embark on claims and outcries, of simmering and laying waste of adversaries. Instead they quibbled, argued, and quarreled amongst open forums and meeting houses, justifying their ends with wild, vicious discourse. His preferences ran towards Helovian scales, where one’s opponent always knew exactly where they stood, with his blade swinging for their chest, with his intentions utterly, rapaciously clear. If they touched one of his own, they received fury. If they ached to take, to snag, to impart their greedy, grasping hands upon those he’d sworn to protect, they received anarchy. Hatred, abhorrence, and revulsion had been a steady, constant beat to his heart in those worlds, in those lands, and he felt almost bereft without them coursing through his veins in this present. It was alarmingly altered and different here, where events were either shrugged off, prospered elsewhere in the heathen reaches of bitterness, or brushed aside when the next tragedy, disaster, or ruin took place. So perhaps he’d content himself, one day, with relishing the opportunity of maiming someone who rightfully deserved it.

But no, they didn’t fix or mend ravaged spines or bent hearts, no amount of wounds or salve easing the pain. He’d merely continue to glance and look forward, for leaves on limbs, for bones and soil, for any other artifacts the goddess required. “I do not think so, but I will let you know.” If necessary, he’d go alone, into dusk or footfalls, into unknown trails and sojourns for those vital pieces.

Then she accepted his embrace, something he needed, required, easily transpired without a word – familial bonds, a level of comfort he’d never asked for in other lands and kingdoms. Maybe it made him weak now, to require this, to be held tight and grant it in return, but he was tired, fatigued, exhausted by daunting, perilous fights, by ruin after ruin after ruin, without the means to rend them back into place on his own. It was always easier not to care; to shrivel and decay in his caves or on his summits, bleeding and beating, threatening the world with his indifference. But it’d also been empty, a vessel, a hollow, aching thing. So perhaps this was payback, a cycle and circle of flaws coming back to bite him in the end, for all the years he’d insisted upon being an unattainable, unreachable menace.
Yeah but for the fall—oh, my—
Do you dare to look them right in the eyes?
DEIMOS

Messages In This Thread
you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-08-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-09-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-11-2020, 01:46 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-11-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-19-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-19-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-21-2020, 09:40 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-23-2020, 12:19 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Hotaru - 01-28-2020, 07:26 AM
RE: you anchor me back down - by Deimos - 01-29-2020, 12:36 AM