[SE] Luften klar och ren
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"Oh of course! I wouldn't miss it. We never had any celebrations during this time of year before," she explained happily, "So I think it filled a void with people. Even during the hottest times it is nice to have a reason for play. And we've never needed many excuses to exchange gifts between one another."

Stopping before a food merchant, Maea bartered again and retrieved a pair of steaming pieces of meat, grilled and thread into a stick for easy eating. One she handed to Nephele, the other she kept for herself; the meat was tough but well seasoned, which was curious in this barren land of ice and snow.

"Currently I am aware of my home, the Hollowed Grounds," she went on, nibbling the food. "Your Greatwood, and Halo. But the people here speak of countries to the south that they trade with, so I assume there are far more lands out there that we have yet to see because of the storms." But if the Ascended opened more portals, that would probably change too, a topic Maea was quite divided on. She went on to explain what she had found out about the food habits of the people here, showing stalls with meat, fish and only rarely spices or dried fruits and greens.

"So to me, it seems that fresh produce is the most valuable thing right now," she concluded. "Firewood, fruits and grain, spice and anything really that is grown rather than hunted or mined for."

So saying, she stopped and examined a stand filled to the brim with carved figures. Made out of bone, tusks and teeth, she picked out a few small charms - made to fit onto string and wear as jewelry or hang from clothing or shrines, whichever one preferred - and traded a little bag of dried apples for three of them. One a bird, the other a snake and the third a big leaping fish the merchant called 'whale'.

"There, that should do," she said, looking content. "So, what were the stories about the Grounds before the barrier fell? I hear there was some dismay about us being freed, and quite a bit of conflict since" she asked and turned back to Nephele, eager to keep talking.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 01-08-2020, 11:35 PM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Nephele - 01-15-2020, 06:02 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 01-15-2020, 06:32 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Nephele - 01-18-2020, 09:39 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 01-19-2020, 03:52 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Nephele - 01-23-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 01-23-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Nephele - 01-24-2020, 09:30 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Nephele - 03-01-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: [SE] Luften klar och ren - by Maea - 03-01-2020, 08:11 AM