Hello, light
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
The pause was long enough for Maea to take notice. Her head tilted as she watched Ludo, a slight frown of concern deepening between her brows. Had she said something wrong? Was it rude of her to ask for a job, rather than some trinket or question answered? Certainly she could have come up with something that the god could help her with, but... Would Ludo build her a house to live in? Make her strong and smart enough to face monsters and riddles? Give her the confidence she so craved, or make her friends rely on her for help and comfort? Those things were her most pressing needs and desires, and it would feel churlish of her to run to the gods with such simple things. As if they were her personal helpers rather than powerful beings with far more important things to do. Maea just couldn't bring herself to, much too respectful of the fact that just a visit from Ludo was a gift. Wasn't she abandoned, after all? Yet here it was, asking what she needed.

It's presence in her life was gift enough. For the rest? She was supposed to learn to stand on her own two feet... right?

Listening carefully as the herald spoke again, the doubts subsided somewhat and settled in the back of her mind. This task was more than helpful, it was exactly the kind of thing she craved right now. A job, something to test herself against, a scale to weigh herself with and measure her abilities on. That she would be able to meet a daughter of Mort in doing so was a boon in itself, and more than she had hoped for.

"Thank you so much, Ludo! I will do this, I'll show you that I can," she beamed, proud like a child given their first errand. Breathing deeply, she tried to contain the excitement, running the task over her mind time and again so that she would not forget. "I won't let you down."

Sometimes, what the mortal needed was just to feel needed, too.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Hello, light - by Maea - 01-09-2020, 12:46 AM
RE: Hello, light - by Ludo - 01-09-2020, 08:21 PM
RE: Hello, light - by Maea - 01-10-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: Hello, light - by Ludo - 01-10-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Hello, light - by Maea - 01-11-2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Hello, light - by Ludo - 01-12-2020, 09:52 AM
RE: Hello, light - by Maea - 01-12-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: Hello, light - by Ludo - 01-14-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Hello, light - by Maea - 01-15-2020, 07:06 AM