[SE] i close my eyes to see
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4967
SUNJATA
A small wry smile crosses his face as Loren responds to the mention of the kiss. He wonders if Hotaru had done it in a way where everyone could see. But as far as he was aware, Phoebe hadn’t mentioned anything about it. Nor did he mention anything about Harper. In the end, confusion all around and rings still on each finger, unable to take them off for some sort of fear she’d think he was cheating if he did remove the ring because of the enchantment.

He sighs in response to Loren’s response to what Sunjata explains, and instead he only nods. When he brings up the option of going a few rounds, his gaze flits back to the summoner as he inspects his knuckles. “I didn’t necessarily mean me. Nor here. I’ve got some punching bags back at the bar… Once I’m better I want to turn part of it into a boxing ring of sorts, for training and whatever else.” He shrugs at that, gaze drifting back to the ring on his finger and the silver bracelet along his wrist. “It’s a lot better than bookshelves.
we'll break our own hearts
so that someone else can't
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
At the mention of boxing, Loren ran his thumb over his still bloody knuckles. "We already have training grounds." There might have been a bit of stubborn petulance in that response, but he was mostly still just tired.

Crossing his arms, he stared at the shrine with their offerings instead of at Sunjata. "Have you ever punched a bookshelf?" The question came out idly, as it was clear the summoner didn't really care about the answer.

Finally he turned to face the bartender. "What're you hoping to accomplish? Here, with me, I mean." Arms still crossed, the Launceleyn stared directly at the other man, eyes barely moving or blinking.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
A snort leaves him as Loren tells him of the training grounds. “I know.” He’d helped build it, after all. Put up the targets and painted them up. “But this kind of training would be different than that one.” He shrugs. Instead of weaponry, it’d be geared a bit more towards hand to hand combat. With rings to brawl and soar with opponents. Things of that nature.

But when Loren asks him if he’s ever punched a bookshelf, Sunjata shakes his head to that. “I haven’t, but I imagine it’s not a good time.” There’s a wry smile that crosses his face as he looks back over at the summoner and his bloody knuckles, sighing quietly to himself.

His gaze lifts when Loren turns to him. The question is met with a pause from Sunjata, his head shifting back toward the shrine before he looks back at Loren. “The same thing you tried to do when you found me in the woodlands that day.” He recalls the pulses from the attuned bond, of comfort and the way Loren was able to get under his skin enough to get him somewhat out of his mood. That’s all he wanted. Was to help Loren just as the summoner had helped him when he’d felt hopeless.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Frowning, Loren felt his brow furrow in confusion. "I know the militia caters to unarmed combat as well as weapons and magic." However, his tone grew almost bored.

At Sunjata's comment, the summoner once again rubbed his left thumb over the bloody knuckles of his right hand. "I've had worse." The words were quiet, but filled with a great deal of remembered pain.

His eyes tightened when the bartender explained that he was trying to help the Launceleyn cope. "Well, don't." His tone was curt, voice sharp. Crossing his arms, he looked away from the other man. "Go find someone who wants your help. Your wife, maybe."
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
They do. But it can’t hurt to have another that’s a bit more specialized.” He shrugs. It’s an option for people to be able to learn to fight wherever they were – in the end, it should be celebrated rather than kept to one place. And if the training grounds were too full, at least the one he creates would be a decent backup too. Options. To help prevent another one of these in the end.

He sighs at Loren’s quiet comment and finds his gaze drifting away from the summoner. Sunjata’s had worse too, but that didn’t mean he enjoyed it. And so he lets the comment die, lets it fade, while he focuses back on the summoner and his attempt at trying to help Loren cope and deal with what happened rather than shutting everyone out.

It seems Loren wants to, in the end though. And Sunjata clenches his jaw when the summoner mentions Phoebe, a hiss of a sigh passing through his lips. “Fine.” Just as short and curt as Loren had been seconds prior. “But if you ever do want to talk, you know where to find me.” A small shrug, an attempt to pat Loren on the shoulder before he departs. While dealing with the other man might be frustrating right now, it still didn’t mean he was upset.

He only wanted to help.

- FIN for Sunjata
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
At Sunjata's response, Loren just shrugged. It really didn't matter to him one way or the other if the Hollowed Grounds had multiple training grounds.

After all, he found it increasingly unlikely that he'd be making use of them.

The bartender's comment about the offer to talk still standing received a careful nod from the summoner. "Noted." Allowing the pat, the Launceleyn crossed his arms as he watched the other man depart. Once Sunjata was out of sight, Loren turned to the altar.

He stared at it with dull eyes for a long while. Finally he spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. "Safrin. Please accept these offerings. And please...wherever they are, whatever they've done, I hope you are still watching over them." Only then did he turn to leave himself.

-FIN
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood