firing across the sky [OPEN]
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

She slid her hand into his, and he felt her grip him tighter when she almost tripped on the rafter. He quirked a brow at her, stifling the chuckle that threatened to release at her relatively uncoordinated reactions. This was why he dropped her fucking wine. Any more and she likely would have fallen. Granted, he would have been quick enough to grab her, but he didn’t exactly feel like almost jumping off the rafter to catch the drunk assassin.

Kalt felt how stiff, how unsure she was upon initially lying against him. It didn’t last very long, though. Soon enough, he felt her relax against his chest, and a gentle smile was displayed on his lips, as he smelled the rain on her over the sweet scent of the wine.

He carefully put his arm around her, more for security than anything else, but the fingers that brushed through her hair moved automatically, not even thinking about what he was doing. It was such an instinctive reaction to feeling her, to holding her, that he didn’t bother remotely questioning it.

His deal was that they could talk about whatever she wanted if she sat with him, so he was going to hold up his end. Kalt breathes slowly, giving an almost nonexistent shrug. ”I’ve had it since I was twelve,” he said softly. ”I was an alterationist, a fucking powerful one too, and Master forced me to keep it a secret. Used it for all kinds of jobs, even healing myself after some particularly bad punishments, unless Master forbade it of course.” He looked at her softly, touching her cheek briefly. ”He made me use it for nothing but violence, until I was fifteen, until you came to the Guild. We didn’t have a healer yet, so he brought me to your rooms, and you were lying in a bed under blankets like a half frozen toddler. He told me to save you, and I fucking panicked. I was positive I was going to kill you because my magic was dark, destructive. But, here we are. You showed me there was light.”

Again, his fingers combed through her hair, as his lips would press against the side of her head, eyes closing. Yes, he agreed to talk about what she wanted to, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t talk about it in his way. She thought herself a curse on everyone who ever loved her, but gods, that was as far from the truth as she could have ever been.

”Everyone sees the darkness in themselves,” he whispered to her. ”But there’s so much more light in you than you know. I lived in total darkness in the Guild. The only reason I know kindness, joy...love...is because you showed me.”

Ashetta

kalt
give into the night.

Messages In This Thread
firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Ashetta - 12-10-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Kalt - 12-10-2018, 04:12 PM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Ashetta - 12-11-2018, 05:12 AM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Kalt - 12-12-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Ashetta - 12-13-2018, 01:38 AM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Kalt - 12-13-2018, 10:13 PM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Ashetta - 12-14-2018, 06:40 AM
RE: firing across the sky [OPEN] - by Kalt - 12-15-2018, 03:11 PM