Lions, and Bonding, and Bears Oh My...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359

Flinching again—Remi would probably never get used to Devrum's hearty brand of physicality—he grinned at the mention of Vai's mothering. "Meat please." Remi replied with a wry smile. For as gentle as he came across, Remi's shifts were predators after all.

As Devrum turned a crate over for him to sit on, Remi reached out as if to stop the bear, wincing as the tools clanked on to the ground. "I would have been happy to sit on the ground." The alchemist said with a tiny shake of his head. Though Devrum would have been a commoner back home as well, Remi still did not like it when others did things for him. All of his life he'd gone without much, and something inside of him recoiled at the idea of others going out of their way to do things for him, when the basics would do just fine.

Glancing at Devrum from beneath a veil of curls, Remi forced a smile and shrugged his shoulders. "Not everyone is good." The alchemist said simply, running a hand through his hair as he took his seat.

Dev's pep talk? drew very little reply from Remi, who instead looked studiously at his hands. There were many who would probably think the alchemist probably still quite soft. Then again Remi always had been an interesting mixture of open and honest but veiled at the same time. He'd killed a man once, but Remi very much doubted whether or not any of his friends would ever think him capable of such. But was he strong? Remi didn't know.

Taking the drink - presumably moonshine or something distilled from potatoes, the alchemist gave it a sniff and tried not to cough. It was certainly strong, though Remi expected no less from the bear. And, given how often he had made (and failed) at creating different liquors, the alchemist was no stranger to overly potent potables.

As Dev asked if Remi was adjusting, Remi gave a hearty laugh and took a long drink from his glass. It burned delightfully and though Remi's body wanted to shudder at the taste, he stilled the urge and leaned into the burn instead. "Things are very different here." He said, shaking his head. "I have met two gods, been cursed by both, but I have opened my own shop for the first time and if Ronin is to be believed, apparently I am no longer a commoner." Grinning towards Devrum, Remi tipped his glass towards him "And now I am helping to build a house for a woman I love dearly. So I suppose things could be worse."

remi
Every now and then the things I lean on lose their meaning
And I find myself careening in places where I should not let me go
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lions, and Bonding, and Bears Oh My... - by Remi - 12-20-2018, 05:14 PM