(SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
If his words were meant to soothe and assuage her concerns, Sunjata failed. A frown appeared on Maea's face, a stern little wrinkle between the eyebrows as she withdrew a bit, expanding the distance between them once more. As he searched her eyes, she examined his, looking for the truth behind the callous talk.

"Why would you marry someone if you don't intend to be faithful to them?" she asked. "If you knew she didn't want it, and you don't care whether your actions hurt her... why the charade?"

Something cold and heavy settled in her stomach as she turned her mind about the issue, and it brought enough clarity back to her mind that could look at him properly again. He was handsome, she did not deny that. Charming, easy and inviting - it was so very tempting to trust his smiles and just go along. But if Phoebe's name only brought to mind tears and discomfort for him, Maea remembered a quiet, shy girl who smiled at her in the LongNight dark. Who spoke to her openly without caring that Maea's hair was white, her eyes colorless and unseeing, an outcast in all but name.

"Yes, Sunjata, I was at the wedding. I saw her cry... but I also saw that both of you stepped up to that altar of your own free will. Don't kid yourself into thinking you're free of blame if she's hurt by your actions."

And as she realized she wanted no part in making Phoebe cry, she pushed back from him. Part of her - the one ruled by the body - complained about separating from that muscled chest, those strong arms, but it was overruled by guilt and loyalty.

"I've no intention to run tattletail. But I don't think I'm going to participate in anything that needs to be kept secret, either."
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes - by Maea - 01-18-2020, 04:19 AM