(SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
While the closeness of being held to his chest had made her blush, this raw, open honesty was a far more intimate connection in her mind. Because it was a connection, however fresh and unexpected it might be, and Maea allowed herself one brief quiet moment to lament over the fact that she could not give him what he wanted. Oh, she could understand Phoebe's desire to want to tie someone to her and have them stay. Rather miserable together than miserable alone... Maea felt that, knew the thinking, understood the desperate loneliness that it sprung from. What she objected to was the idea that they would have to be miserable at all, that Sunjata saw so little hope in his existence that only darkness remained.

When he reached his hand to her hair she did not shy away. It was such a small gesture, but tender and kind; it sent a tingle down her spine, reminding her that it was unwise to get too close again. Whatever power he had over her had not disappeared in the slightest, and with him caring so little about what happened... it was on her to uphold her own ideals.

"Perhaps it's all we can ever do," the girl replied. Again she did not argue with him, realizing that it would do no good. "I don't know that it'd be the kind of happiness you're looking for, but... if you want a friend, I wouldn't mind your company. I told Loren that I'd become strong enough that he couldn't hurt me even if I was around... I could offer the same to you."

A little light of mischief brightened her expression as she said it, part reassuring promise and part challenge. But it was not said in jest; Maea meant every word of it. It was what she desired, what she sought from life. The strength to protect herself, to protect her friends, and ensure that no one would ever cry over her.

In the end, it also meant she would have to become stronger than these men, who seemed convinced that their very existence brought ruin upon the world. She found the idea very amusing, and thrilling as well.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes - by Maea - 01-18-2020, 08:14 AM