(SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
He was right about that, at least. Maea didn't know him, and whatever understanding she might sense was very shallow indeed. The little smile she offered was a touch regretful about it, though they certainly might have time to remedy such things from now on. She'd offered friendship and would honor it, so if he ever wanted to let her in beyond that facade of uncaring again... it would be her honor.

"Well, good. If you start to show tendencies, I'll let you know," she offered, amusement there in her own chuff; she doubted he'd give her a reason.

Having to explain about her own stand against her powers saw the girl deflate a bit. Holding his gaze for a moment, she looked away again and turned the head to watch the river, the steep banks on the other side and the woodlands that rose up beyond. There were many reasons why, but they all seemed so petty when forced to say them out loud.

"My father... was a pious man," she began quietly. "First time he discovered that I had the magic, he started with a lashing and then let me know that it was a sin against the gods to ever use it without dire need, to save lives or protect your own. Anything else, and we'd be no better than the ones who brought the Cataclysm, and deserved being Abandoned.

"I was five... and I'd just made the bedroom shake from a nightmare."

It was the first and only time her father had ever struck her, and with the nightmare fresh in mind his lesson had sunk in deep. Her own earnest love of the gods they worshipped had made sure she never doubted his words, and only the delight that came with using her powers had prevented her from leaving it entirely untouched.

"But... well. It won't disappear, and the gods can't take it away. So if I can't be rid of it, might as well learn how to use it properly."
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes - by Maea - 01-19-2020, 06:06 AM