(SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
It almost seemed like a dam bursting. Now that he'd started to talk about his old life, Sunjata didn't stop and Maea made no move to quiet him. Though she ached hearing about the cruelty and sorrow, it no doubt did him good to say it aloud. Like lancing a boil; no doubt it would hurt afterwards too, but with luck it might not feel like quite the burden anymore.

"They all have a story?" she inquired, looking down on the inked shapes that draped across his skin. It looked golden compared to her own pale arms, and not for the first time Maea felt a little ashamed of her own lack of pigment. Like a greenhouse flower, too delicate to be allowed in the wild, beneath a burning sun. No doubt this frolic in the water would have her burned and blistering come evening - she never tanned, not even a little - but it was far from her mind now.

"Hmm.. I don't know. Perhaps it's for the better... No matter how much of a monster he might be, he's still your father. Better not put the burden of his death on yourself, on top of everything else. Leave it for someone else to kill him."

She could have told him that he might still have the chance himself. But this was no time to explain what he was, the strange truth about his existence here on Caido. It ought to be kept secret for now, and... though that too was tempting, she kept her silence for now.

Feeling his hand move up her back and tug on the hair, she deliberately ignored the little shiver it caused and focused on the talk of training instead. Safer, more interesting.
"You are? I had no idea. Militia, bar owner... is there anything else I should know about?" She smiled, a little playfully.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes - by Maea - 01-19-2020, 08:18 AM