For never to return
For Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
'The difference here is that I'm not kidding myself about it." Remi replied cooly. "I didn't come here saying how happy I was to see you and calling you my sister or asking to live with you because my life fell apart. I'm not the hypocritical one, just trying to show you that you are." He watched Phoebe's anger as it curled out of her nose in a whisp of silverly smoke, entirely unphased.

"I gave all the fucks I had to give to everyone my whole life, and you know what it got me? A dead child. So you'll forgive me for finally realizing that as it turns out, bending so that everyone else can be happy isn't exactly worth it."

However as she mentioned that she was the one who might know what he was going through, claws appeared on the ends of his fingers as he snarled at her. "Oh is that so. You've lost your own child have you? Did they die in your arms? Oh no, wait. You lost nephews who weren't yours, that you looked after for all of a month." He spat. "The only person who has any clue the kind of pain I'm in is Ronin."

Turning away from her, basket in hand, he rolled his eyes at the lazily drifting clouds overhead. "Go on Phoebe, make this about you. It's the thing you're best at."

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"Sure, Remi. Whatever lets you sleep at night." she said dryly, twirling the cigarette in her fingers.

But he called her out on losing only her nephews, his anger flaring in a show of fang and claw. The midwife looked at him hard, an icy glare narrowing her round eyes. "I have lost two of my own children. Children who died within me, who I never had the pleasure of holding. Don't kid yourself into thinking that because you've a face to remember that it is somehow more real." she said in a low tone.

"I'm not trying to make it about me." she huffed, flicking her cigarette butt into the pool. "Just reminding you that you're not the only one suffering. And for what it's worth I am sorry you are."
and then there's me, always waiting for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
"Well that would be a mixture of sex and booze." He correctly dryly. Then, in a perhaps uncalled for display of anger, Remi openly snarled at Phoebe. "You lost a cluster of unborn cells or whatever you call them. You didn't feed them, didn't console them when they cried. Didn't have to take them out beneath the stars to point out where their mother and father twinkled above" Glaring at her, Remi just shook his head as his lip curled further up into a snarl. "It is different. And if your self-centeredness didn't run so deep you'd see that."

Throwing up his hands, Remi continued to walk away. "And yet you are."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Her lips pressed together in a thin line as he snarled at her, declared her loss somehow less than his because it had been so early. She stood then, the burn on her knee screaming as her skin pulled and relaxed. ”You’re right, Remi. I was never so blessed as you to be able to hold them or feed them or console them.” she said voice tight. Her hands balled up into fists, glaring down into the pool with such intensity she could not even recognize herself.

”So what do you want me to say then?” she snapped at him, taking a few steps after him. ”You just want to be able to stand there and demean me and say nasty things because you hurt?! You know what. Whatever.” she said, stopping herself short and shaking her head. ”Go be miserable, and I won’t bother you or anyone else again. Enjoy your grief.” she said, turning on her heel to walk the opposite direction.

No one cared about her anyways. No one wanted her around. No one thought about her. May as well see just how far the mist below the Bone Bridge went.

Not that even Mort would care at this rate.
and then there's me, always waiting for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
'I've merely answered your questions." Remi replied with an exhausted sigh. "You're the one who came here, wanting to compare grief, needing to make this about you."

He didn't see her turn to stalk off, but he could hear it. Was he an asshole now? Had he hurt her feelings? Yes, and yes. But being the good guy hadn't kept Ronin alive. It hadn't saved Aoife. All the so-called friends it had gained him couldn't save his daughter's life and in the end, as she was silent and dead against his chest, he realized the things that truly mattered.

Aoife was one. Ronin the other. The rest of them? Well...

A sea bird cawed brightly overhead and Remi glared at it.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!