two bulbs shy and no light upstairs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
As her hand meets his own in the dark, Harper braces himself to pull her upright, though he likely doesn't need to considering he has probably deadlifted three times her weight in his sleep. It's tempting to just throw her over his shoulder like a reluctant potato sack and go gallivanting off into the dark, but some people frown upon that and call it kidnapping and some such nonsense. Harper likes to think of it as spontaneous adventuring with reluctant parties.

Shaking himself mentally from that little spiral he finds she's on her own, though hers is verbal and thus far more socially acceptable. He playfully gasps and his hand flies to his breast - not sure if she's really seeing any of this, but he has an image to uphold - and he grins at her boyishly. "Aww, I'm so glad you think I'm a nice guy! You're pretty nice yourself stranger, especially if you came sliding in here after me." The latter is said with far more sincerity and warmth. If she had been as fearful of the cavern as her shaking voice had implied, it was quite brave of her to enter it just to ensure he was okay.

The mention of family makes his smile break and tremble, but it's dark and he lets himself be a little slower in concealing it. "Well I thought to myself 'huh, that sure is a big hole, I wonder what's in there' and didn't think much past jumping after that," he admits with a laugh that echoes down into the dark. He pauses as it comes back sharp and wrong in their direction. "Okay yeah that's creepy, I'm down to leave." Without thinking he reaches out to hopefully pluck at her wrist, and goes confidently walking back towards the blinding light where the hole is. "Any ideas for better adventuring?" If she was going to defend his questionable continued existence, it was up to her to come up with a cooler past-time.

Messages In This Thread
two bulbs shy and no light upstairs - by Harper - 01-21-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: two bulbs shy and no light upstairs - by Harper - 01-28-2020, 08:37 AM