two bulbs shy and no light upstairs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
Something sorrowful seems to come over her, and Harper regrets the lack of light in that moment. Wishes he could read the expression on her face, empathy rising like a tidal wave inside him. "It's not too much credit, it was very brave and kind of you to come looking for me." His sincerity is a force of nature all its own. Hopefully it will help soothe whatever she's feeling even if only partially. Fear is a great motivator, usually for staying away from creepy places like this, and he knows how hard it can be to move past that.

"I went there once and got yelled at by a kid for climbing and doing backflips off the bookcases," he admits with a chuckle, recalling the day fondly. Poor kid had nearly lost his lunch when Harper had dismounted. He wonders if anyone has found his footprints in the dust up there, or if they bother dusting at all that high. "I'm not much of a reader, can't stand to sit still. Which is why I go exploring creepy caves under broken streets!" The cheery chirp is lightly teasing, poking fun at himself for his own reckless nature. Caido is sure to chew him up and spit him out eventually, but he's the type to spatula himself off the ground and go back for seconds.

Wrists clutched, they find their way back to the light, and Harper hisses as it burns his eyes. It's distracting enough that he doesn't notice her dropping his hand, and only catches on that she's talking a few moments later. "No payment necessary for my savior," Harper gallantly replies. "I guess you're stuck with me for the day then. I'm more of an engineer myself, but I'm sure we can make something cool if we get bored." Chemistry had never stuck in his brain for long, far too many numbers and circles. So many circles. He blinks the light halos from his eyes and hooks his hands together, bending and offering them to Libbs. "I can boost you," he offers, already knowing it would be much harder for her to climb with her stature.

Messages In This Thread
two bulbs shy and no light upstairs - by Harper - 01-21-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: two bulbs shy and no light upstairs - by Harper - 01-28-2020, 12:36 PM