[Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Natural? It made sense, or at least explained her familiarity with the people around, but.... Nate was certain he would have remembered seeing the pale girl... anywhere. Even confined to night as he was, he got out, he met people. And before that too, when he’d still been human, he couldn’t remember a time he’d seen Maea. ”Why haven’t i seen you around before?” He prodded, more interested now.

”Sounds like this is a better trade for him than for you. Aren’t there lots of places to stay around here?” Not that he’d actually had to worry about finding accommodation. Since he’d come here, Sam had taken him in, and there he’d stayed.

Despite the fact that he’d made the initial comment, something in Nate bristled at the idea that he knew Sunjata well. He shrugged, working his jaw and shifting in his seat, suddenly restless. ”Well...” He began, putting a grin back on. ”I guess I know him.” He laughed at his own wordplay, which wasn’t even that good.

He was distracted from whatever else he was going to say by the sudden look of fear on her face. Up until this point, he’d avoided any kind of reaction to his race, especially any kind of negative reaction. Nate decided to let it slip though, and keep talking like he hadn’t noticed. ”I like being around people sometimes. I used to spend a lot of time in places like this, and it’s... nostalgic, I guess.”
Nate
I always thought that I'd die young
Make some money, be someone
They all love you when you're gone
But who knew life would be so long?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be - by Nate - 01-25-2020, 01:39 AM