[Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Nate nodded in quiet sympathy, taking in the thinness of Maea's face, the frailty of her in general. The reasoning was easy to accept for him, and it made a pang throb in his chest. He's always had a weak spot for sickly people, always had an urge to help. It hadn't sat well in his old life, but here, he had a chance to do better. "It might be worth getting checked out now. You never know how things might be affecting you." He smiled, more kind than sly this time, at odds with his next words. "It happened to my brother. He was sick, and we thought he was getting better, thought we'd have more time. Then.... he was gone." He made a gesture like he was blowing dust out of his hand, and shook his head.

"I'm a doctor." He continued, after a moment. "If you ever need anything medical wise, I'll help you." There was a sincerity in those words, a serious promise. If he could, he would help.

Though there was no way he could argue with her point about the rooms, once she'd made it. "It's kind of like a hotel, when you describe it like that." Which...  was exactly what an inn was, he realized with a short, amused snort. "What kind of work is it you're doing? It must be important, if its keeping you so busy." He's trying to be polite, to get her to engage with him a little more easily.

There's nothing he can do about his race after all, not at this point, but there's a lot he can do with himself, and if a little kindness will go some way to convincing someone the ascended aren't monsters and boogeymen, then its the least he can do. His own form of evangelizing, if you will.

"Depends what you consider long, I guess." Nate shrugs, and shifts in his seat, sitting up a little bit. "It's been... just over a year? I missed Longnight last year, but only just." It was a little strange to think about so suddenly, now that he'd said it out loud. A year since he'd seen his friends, since he'd walked familiar streets. It had been long enough for this place to become familiar, for him to really settle in and get his feet under him. "It's kind of weird, I don't... really miss anything from before though."
Nate
I always thought that I'd die young
Make some money, be someone
They all love you when you're gone
But who knew life would be so long?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be - by Nate - 01-25-2020, 10:56 PM