the coldest blood runs through my veins
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
The girl scoffed at the lack of explanation. "Don't you even try. That's not magic, so it has to be something else. Where did you get it, and what is it?"

Taking his hand by the wrist with one hand, Maea examined the patch with the other. Poked it carefully to see if it would react, and tried to pick it up from his palm. Wanted to see if it would continue to glow even in her hand. Somehow she managed to keep walking despite all this, the road clear from snow now that the town was coming closer.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun just smirked and shifted the patch to make his skin look normal again. Try as Maea might, she wouldn’t be able to peel it off of him, nor would she be able to see it. Indeed, everything would seem almost normal, except the patch would feel rubbery where she poked it.

"How do you know it's not magic?" Lifting his hand up and away from her, he chuckled. "Tell you what. I will tell you all about it." Then he grinned. "If and when you come visit me at my studio." The challenge was laid out (teasingly of course).

Pointing at the rapidly approaching Citadel, he nodded decisively. "But that will have to wait until after you rest." And no matter how many questions she asked, no matter what she might say, he wouldn't answer anything about the patch as he ushered her through the gates.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
She pouted. Sulked for a while after her coaxing and prodding failed to work... but as always his charm was irresistible, and Maea relented with a sigh.

"Fine, keep your secrets for now then. I'll hold you to that promise though!" She smiled at him, lifting a threatening finger to poke his cheek again. "I do love a good riddle."

Perhaps it was a good thing that the Citadel was close enough to see, because her strength was soon flagging again. To observing eyes she would seem little more than a sick (or perhaps drunk) idiot, underdressed in the cold Halo evening where shadows had already begun to lengthen. The snow was picking up, and Maea knew it would be good to get inside, to find a bed and sleep for long, blissful hours. It would take a while for her to replenish her strength, but... she thought it was worth it. Not only had the strain of magic on her mind eased, but she'd had a chance to actually talk to Amun.

"Mhmm, I will, believe me," she told him. "Will you stay for a while, or are you going back to the Sea of Glass?" This little incident had interrupted his exploration of the area... but she couldn't bring herself to feel guilty about it.

Regardless of his choice, she would be down for the better part of the coming days. Bedded down in a room at the inn, eating and sleeping; no fun at all, even for someone as generous with the term as him.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
"I absolutely will keep my secrets." Amun just grinned at Maea’s ‘threat.’ "Seeing as holding me to my promise involves you actually coming to visit me, I find myself surprisingly okay with this idea.” Indeed, he found himself looking forward to it.

At her question, he glanced around. "I think I'll stick around for a bit. Make sure I don't run into anything too dangerous out on the Sea of Glass." Leaning forward, he dropped his voice to a totally feigned conspiratorial whisper. "You know, I've heard there are mages just wandering about manipulating the ice there for no apparent reason."

Chuckling, the sound dark and low, he gave her a cheerful wave. "I'll see you around." With that, he turned and tucked his hands in his pockets. Walking away, he whistled a cheerful tune.

-FIN
amun

Coding base by Sky!