going straight to video
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Maea looked up briefly, glancing over towards the woman at the bar. She did not recall Libbs as being more than bubbly and straight forward, and having Sunjata call someone a 'pain' actually sounded like a bit of a compliment.

"Don't be rude, she only just came to Caido," she chided him, turning a page  with a thumb - it looked like a practiced move, seeing as she neither wobbled the book nor dropped the second bite of food she had reached for. "Besides, she asked Wessex to her face if she was a Wicker Woman... you should get her a drink for that." The memory brought a little smirk to Maea's lips, and she leaned around Sunjata to send a little wave towards Libbs.

But though his next words did make her look up from the pages, there was a slight frown in place of where the blush ought to have been. A muscle worked at her jaw as she bit her teeth together, searching his face for some hint of what he meant.

"I thought we agreed not to bring that up again?" Because he'd screwed up, and he'd said he wanted to just be friends, and she was still too sore about the whole business with the ring to dive into the discussion again.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LIBBS
Libbs squinted at him. What? With him?

She turned to the heavily cloaked dude beside her. He wanted her to flirt with him?? Why?? Libbs frowned. Oh. The flirting thing. She thought she told him. She couldn't flirt. She couldn't do any of that. Why the hell would she start now!? She gave him a piercing glare, and stuck her tongue out at him. Of course, fine. If he needed an example, she would give him an example. She took a large swing of her mug, and moved to the dude.

"Hey buddy.." she smiled, leaning on the counter, blinking pleasantly at him, one side of her face in a twisted, awkward half smile that looked forced, and seemed to make her eyes look a little disproportionate. "How are you.." And she suddenly cut herself mid sentence, as her jaw dropped in horror at the sight.

This dude looked like someone had beat him over with the ugly stick, bathed him in acid, and tried to assemble the face back together with the back end of a badger. Libbs audibly let out an absolutely disgusted sound, and without thinking, shouted. "Holy hell my dude! What did you do?! Did you fight a bear and lose? Facial transplant gone wrong? AND WHY THAT FACE?" that all just came out.

The man looked at her, jaw absolutely dropped. Libbs, also, had her jaw absolutely dropped. The two shared this special moment together, before Libbs awkwardly pushed her glass to him. "Uhh.. this is on me.." and quietly returned to her seat, red as a tomato, and hiding underneath her arms.
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
making bad decisions is my middle name
Oh I know very well that she just arrived. We made a basket together.” He snorts, but his brows do raise when she mentions the woman had asked Wessex to her face if she were a wicker woman. There’s a curl of amusement to his lip, a rough chuckle leaving him at the idea of it all. But it begins to falter ever so slightly as she pins him with a stare, searching his face.

He leans forward slightly as though he’s to tell her a secret. “I know we did, but look. I’m trying to help Libbs figure out how to flirt… So play with me, okay?” He asks, pulling back and sending her a wink as though he’d not said any of that, had whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

But he can hear Libbs’ shout now, and he lifts his head to view what’s happened. “Oh for the love of Safrin.” He rumbles, pushing himself up from the table he’s sat at with Maea to approach Libbs. He looks to the person manning the bar while he’s gone, gesturing to give the man plenty of free alcohol for that certain outburst. His attention flits to Libbs and he leans over the bar with his elbows along the table, peering at her from his side. “Rule number one. Think before you speak. Rule number two. If it’s not working out politely leave it.

He looks back to Maea with a look that seems to say ‘gods help me’, though the corner of his mouth quirks in a smile.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
Maea's mouth fell open, a silent show of outrage and dismay that she would be used for such an... idiotic thing! It better not have been a bet, because if she found out it was...

She put her book down and followed Sunjata's glance towards Libbs, and when he got up to head over to the fleeing woman, Maea rolled her eyes and stood as well, following after at a slower pace. Settling herself in on the other side of the woman, she caught the tail end of his advice, and shook her head.

"Why do you want to flirt in the first place? Is there a particular reason?" Had someone caught Libbs' eye already, or was she just looking for... 'fun', as Sunjata had put it? "And you can ignore what he just told you. If you have to change the way you act to suit others, then you will only ever find shallow connections with shallow people. Just be yourself."

Not that Maea was any expert in socialization, or indeed flirting - she just thought it was a ridiculous game - but she did know how to live with herself. How to shrug off the opinions of others and be true to her own nature. Aside from the whole part where she'd trade it off for the smile of a god, but that was a different matter entirely.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LIBBS
Libb's winced at being chastised by Maea. Noo. The moral compass of good will and sense! How it wrecked against Libb's half memorized brain. Mainly because there was a lot of truth behind what she said. But the parts of her that would have best needed to hear it? Were not present and in account for, and thus, all it prompted was quite clearly, the most mature response from the mechanic.

"No.. Yes.. Maybe.." she struggled. Namely because real talk? She still didn't even know half of the people's names yet. Just people she thought cute, or admired. Except for Sunjata. Because, you know, she had now learned that he is, indeed, a ho, and that only deserves the most silly antics from Libbs.

"Maea, my friend." Libbs trailed. "You don't want me to be myself. Trust me on that one. I am not that great." This was said in a humorous tone, but a very observant eye probably would have caught a bit of a dodge in her sable gaze, avoiding contact. She laughed, and turned to face Sunjata. "And I'm SORRY. But come on. You saw him. I saw him. That dude is going to give me nightmares for the next three months. And you wanted me to flirt with him. I don't know if I feel like I'm having 'fun' yet. " she whispered under her breath.

"Now, will you please be so kind as to fill up my glass again.. seeing as I so charitably gave it to someone else?" she motioned to the man.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
At least that does it, drawing Maea toward Libbs as Sunjata nears her as well, placing the girl between the both of them as he offers his advice. Maea’s question is met with a struggling answer from Libbs, and Sunjata braces his forearms against the bar to lean against it as he looks to Maea over the back of Libbs who’s head is still in her arms on the bar. “She’s right, you know. You don’t want her to be herself.” He offers, a teasing tone to his voice before he shakes his head and turns to look down at Libbs. “But it’s not because you’re not great.

Regardless, Sunjata catches her gaze, letting the amusement from the encounter cross along his face. “Hey now, I didn’t see his face.” He offers in his own whisper, the honesty in his face. “Just a lonely guy sitting at the bar. Do you think I’m some sort of magician?” He asks her with a crooked smirk. Ah, but of course, he can at least do that for the woman being one of the largest pains in his ass.

He slips around the other side of the bar, grabbing a glass and filling it with something strong and nice, sliding it to her before he leans against the bar in front of Maea and Libbs then. “Look, it’s easy, just get into the groove of it and say the things you think people would like to hear.” He shrugs, flashing a fanged, wolfish grin.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
Maea threw 'the ho' a dark look when he contradicted her, and pointedly turned her attention to Libbs, wanting to soothe the woman's wriggling concerns. She did notice the evasion and wondered who it was that had caught her eye, if anyone... if it was really the case, then Maea felt her own advice was all the more on point.

"Look... This is all up to you, so don't take my word for it. But try to figure out what it is you want from people before you talk to them, yes? If you want to trade a piece of goods, first rule is to know what you want and what they have to offer you. It's a little similar with people."

Her eyes strayed to Sunjata, recalling the first time she'd met him. They had been all business then, and Maea had been very clear about what she had, what she needed. It had worked, at the time. Now? Well... it had grown a little more complicated since then.

"What would you want from people in a place like this? A conversation? Free drinks? To join in a game they've already started? Doesn't matter, your first rule should still be to know what you want, what they can offer... and then you watch them for a while, to see if you can figure out where to interrupt and draw their attention."

So saying, she quite casually reached out and took the glass Sunjata had filled before it could quite land before Libbs, raising it to her own lips for a sip. The look she gave him was lofty, a brow raised as if to say 'well? Aren't you giving her one, like she asked?'

There was the barest hint of a smirk quirking the corner of her mouth.

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
It is far hotter here than in the city of his home world, where air conditioning was plentiful. He longs for it more than anything else in that moment, friends and family be damned. They would surely forgive him for his transgression if they were here, sweaty and worn out from starting his training session too late in the day. It had been beautiful and challenging in the moment but now he just feels like an idiot for sleeping in and doing this to himself. After a dunk in the Oasis he feels far more refreshed, hair damp and curling against his temples and nape. He had been smart enough to shuck his shirt before exercising so while damp and clinging it at least isn't smelly. Small mercies.

Now if Harper had known exactly who owned the bar, he probably wouldn't have walked in looking for a cool drink to sit down with. Not that he has anything personally against Sunjata - for all his closeness with Phoebe, Harper is a man capable of being impartial, and he doesn't know the man's side of the story - but he also isn't looking for a hard time today. So when he enters, the only reason he stays is because his blue eyes land upon Libbs, and subsequently brighten in joyful recognition.

He has nothing against skipping, but he refrains from doing it as he walks closer with a smile to rival the sun outside. "Libbs!" he calls out in greeting, giving a cheeky wiggle of his fingers at her in greeting as he approaches. Seeing that she's flanked by two others - Sunjata being the one that makes him mentally pause even as his steps don't falter - makes him consider changing his greeting into a simple hello and then bypassing her for another seat. But Harper has never done anything sensible in his entire life, and aims for the seat beside her to slide into. "Good day for a drink, right?" An open question to all of them as he swings his smile to include them, playfully tapping his extra energy out onto the bar with his fingertips and his free hand flicking away a damp curl tickling his eyebrow. "It's good to see you again!" Completely oblivious to the chaos going on in this particular lesson.
in the night you come to me because I'm the one who knows who you are
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
LIBBS
Sunjata probably had seen may things of Libbs at this point.

He had probably seen her laugh. He may have seen her sad. He may have even caught her in the mists of her reflections, fighting with the demons she doesn't talk about, nor would she admit to having. All of these are very possible, as Libbs' heart is worn on her sleeves. But he had never, ever, ever seen her like this.

She was not aware that Harper had entered the bar. Let alone, that Harper was anywhere nearby. And upon hearing his chirp from across the bar, Libbs stiffened like a corpse going into rigor mortis, ice crawling up her veins, eyes wide underneath her bangs. Her hands gripped type on that glass- threatening to shatter the alcohol onto the table. Her lips pushed into a discerning frown. Oh no. She was not okay with this. She was not okay with this at all.

Not that she had any issue with Harper per say; but Harper- Harper was a whole slew of things. Uncomfortable things. The big reason? Because from the corner of her sable gaze, she could catch the light in his lovely blue eyes, the radiant smile, her gut wrenched. And she turned to face Sunjata with a horrid look in her eyes. Because she had not told him about Harper's.. fascination with her. And all she could hope for was for him to help her in her time of need.

Without a single word. A single motion towards Harper at all. Libbs got out of the chair, somehow pulled herself onto the bar, swung both legs behind it, and joined Sunjata behind the bar, in one swift movement. The most graceful the woman had ever been. And once there, she kneeled behind it. "Make him go away." she whispered to him.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The dark look he receives from Maea is granted back with a hint of a smirk. Regardless, he pours the glass for Libbs while the pale woman speaks, snorting against the commentary. He has nothing to add, however, not as he goes to slide the glass toward Libbs and Maea takes his own advice and uses it against him. Steel eyes follow her with a smirk, a narrowing of his gaze briefly as he focuses on her intently. “Do you always have to prove me wrong?” He asks, voice a quiet hum of a purr.

He’s distracted enough to not notice Harper at first. And when he turns his head to see who’s joined them, they widen a fraction – all the playfulness gone. Instead, he clears his throat and grabs a glass to fill for Harper – having absolutely zero idea what’s gone on between Libbs and Harper, only knowing what he knows of the man.

But before he has a chance to do this as well, Libbs is crawling over the bar toward him and Sunjata steps back with a bark of laughter. “What the fuck are you doing?” He asks, voice laced with amusement, a grin crossing his face as he hears her whisper. And oh, no no no. He can’t push Harper away with this beautiful information. He grabs the glass and slides it over toward Harper, leaning along the bar with a brilliant grin sent his way.

Harper.” He begins, voice a deep rumble. “You’ve met my friend Libbs, yeah?” He asks, a twinkle of mischief in his eye.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
Pale, bright, innocent eyes widened ever so slightly as they met Sunjata's. "Whatever do you mean?" Maea asked him, truthfully not quite sure what he meant. But if she really had to prove him wrong... then yes. Absolutely. Because the look on his face was quite nice at the moment, and if she had done anything to cause it...

Well. It was a moot point anyway, wasn't it? Because there was still a line drawn in the sand between them, and a ring on his finger. And her face fell a little as she repeated these things to herself, smile fading even as she held his gaze. A touch of regret...

She was pulled from her slightly too deep contemplation of his eyes by the sudden disappearance of Libbs from her side. Maea was deeply impressed by the agility the woman displayed as she skidded over the top of the bar. Gaping, she stared after her, then turned to blink at the boy who had come to join them. She didn't know his name, only knew she'd seen Phoebe cling to him as she cried. At the wedding. With Sunjata.

Raising her glass in quiet greeting with an equally quiet smile, Maea let the sip stay at that and put her (stolen) glass aside. Things were getting rather crowded for her taste; she leaned back, glancing over her shoulder back at the table she had been seated at. Thinking wistfully of her book and the silence she'd left back there.

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
Harper has had people react to him in a lot of ways. It kind of came with the territory of circus performer to assassin to vigilante. Screams of excitement or terror? Check. Wonder, awe, excitement? Dread, despair, hatred? Oh Harper has seen it all.

He certainly hasn't seen someone vault a bar counter to get away from him just for saying hi.

He probably looks like an absolute idiot with how he stares stupidly at the space where Libbs disappeared, wondering what the hell just happened and how he offended her so badly. Turns his gaze slowly to Maea - the only person who isn't whispering indiscreetly behind the bar - and does a slow sort of baffled shrug of his shoulders. "Do I smell that bad? I swear I washed before I came," he says lightly through the confusion. If Libbs is gonna hide behind the counter forever at least he can maybe strike up a conversation with someone who doesn't jump furniture to get away with him.

Awww, and he thought they were gonna be friends!

Thoroughly distracted by a glass sliding his way, Harper stops its slide with his palm and shoots a grin right back at Sunjata. The mischief there is easy to spot, and Harper can't help how his own smile turns boyish and playful. He's not sure why Libbs is hiding, but he has big brother and flirtatious tendencies both a mile wide, and teasing is like a secondary language. "Oh absolutely, though I have no idea where she may be now. A shame, I would have bought her a drink from your lovely establishment here. Any chance you know where she might be skulking about?" He winks at the man as he lifts the glass to take a sip, humming happily at the taste even though it wasn't what he intended to order. Harper still isn't sure what he just walked into, but he's flexible.
in the night you come to me because I'm the one who knows who you are
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
LIBBS
Betrayal.

Be-fuckin-tryal.

Libbs' eyes grew wide and wavery, like a pair of puppy dog eyes. As she witnessed Sunjata SELL HER OUT so cruelly, never had she felt such a wave of fear in her life. Moral of the story, NEVER trust Sunjata again. "Man, I can't believe I was gonna give you a lighter!" she shouted at him, but nonetheless, the damage was done, Libbs was going to have to encounter her biggest fear. Someone who actually, for some twisted reason, enjoyed her presence.

So, like a dejected dog, Libbs' would slowly ascend from the bar counter, looking guilty, and beaten, as if Sunjata had done the most dishonorable thing. And he most certainly had. Her brown gaze shifted from him. "Hi Harper.." she very meekly chirped, trying to avoid staring at him. But unfortunately, Harper was right in front of her. And all she could see was the blue sapphire of his eyes, the way the shirt pressed against his chest, the stupidly delightful smile...

It made her chest tight, and she couldn't feel herself breathing, and that was terrifying.

She whimpered to Sunjata, as if begging him for any form of escape. Anything. "Erm.. uh.." she coughed. "What uh.. what are you doing today?" Don't you.. have.. something.. cool to explore?" she asked him. There we go. Distract him. Hopefully in this process, he'd run away, and not notice the red burning in her cheeks. And Sunjata would not make her flirt with him. Oh please, please, please. She'd glance back up at Sunjata. But knowing him? He'd probably toss her over the bar at him. Filthy traitor.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He can’t answer Maea as everything happens, but he filters it away to bring up later should he get a chance. And as the chaos unfolds beside him, he grins to Harper as the man plays back. “Mmm, I might have an idea.” He tips a wink to Harper, prepares to haul Libbs up to talk to him. He only catches the tail end of something about a lighter and he raises a brow at her with a positively feline grin.

But Libbs rises from the back of the bar, greeting Harper quietly, and Sunjata can’t help but to writhe in the chaos. Sure, she’d give him hell for it, but it’s only fair. He leans toward her ear, then. “C’mon, you got this kid.” It’s a brief whisper, before he winks to Harper, and turns his attention back to Maea, sliding Libbs’ drink over toward her.

Gods knew she’d need it.

Now where were we?” He asks Maea, a smirk hinting at his lips, listening in on what’s happening beside him.