going straight to video
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
She shook her head at Harper, his somewhat wounded question met with her quiet sympathy. "Not in the slightest," she assured him. But, meeting those blue eyes and being hit by that charming smile, Maea understood why Libbs had made a swan dive behind the bar. No doubt the girl was weak for someone... and she could have made her own bet about who that someone she wanted to flirt with might be.

Still, the book was calling to her, and Maea was just about to leave and head back for it when Sunjata appeared before her again. Smirking, eyes glittering; almost against her will Maea smiled back at him. Irresistably drawn to the unusual lightness about him. It was a rare treat.

"Going absolutely nowhere," she replied, sighing a little as she leaned back against the bar. "And that's why my food is over there, getting cold. Don't let the staff blame it on me this time, fishboy." She reached for the glass again. If she was resigning herself to endure this, get headache might at least be self induced.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
The albino maiden at least doesn't ignore him, and he smiles gratefully at her for answering him in the first place. Her gentle, sympathetic expression helps smooth over the small bit of hurt he feels at his new friend being so appalled by his arrival in the bar. "Maybe she's allergic to crowds," he concedes with a playful wink at Maea. She seems just as allergic with how she withdraws upon his arrival, and man that just continues to make him feel bad. But at least she remains where she is instead of diving for cover like Harper is a grenade with a pulled pin thrust onto a barstool.

Sunjata winks right back, and his playfulness only makes Harper glow all the brighter from inside, relieved that they are starting off on decent footing despite their last sort-of meeting. And then like an adorable tousle-haired gopher, Libbs slides hesitantly back up from behind the counter, her flimsy excuse falling apart like sand beneath a tidal wave. Though he can't reason her response Harper greets her with an amused grin and bright eyes. Does anyone really claim to understand Libbs? He certainly still doesn't even after their little adventure together. "Hi Libbs," he parrots back cheerily, laughter rumbling in his chest that he tries and fails to keep hidden so he doesn't make her pout.

Before he moves aside Sunjata whispers something to her, and Harper intentionally focuses on another conversation elsewhere in the bar to allow them their privacy. Much like how he gives the entirety of his attention to Libbs as Maea and Sunjata begin speaking beside them. Pink flushed cheeks meet him, and Harper - oblivious, well-meaning man that he is - frowns softly and leans forward to try and press the back of his hand to her cheek to check for fever. "You okay Libbs? Didn't get a headrush from that dive did ya? It was pretty spectacular," he laughs softly as he withdraws his hand. She doesn't look sick which is a relief, just very...disgruntled. Which he still doesn't understand, but he goes with the flow. "Got done with my workout, came in for a cold drink." Shrugs sheepishly and tilts the glass he'd received from Sunjata. "I'd say it's a pretty cool place, don't you? And I've never been here so it counts as exploring. What are you doing here?" Likely the same, but Harper isn't going to let her escape his questioning when she's clearly trying to distract him from something. Leaning his forearms on the bar and crinkling his nose at her as he smiles secretively. "Do I need to kidnap you from these two?" A loud stage whisper that the other two are sure to here, but he's nothing if not a performer.
in the night you come to me because I'm the one who knows who you are
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LIBBS
His touch literally turned her cheeks to ice, quickly combusting as he left. Oh geez. Oh geezzz. Libbs inhaled sharply at how tight her chest was getting. To attempt easing the pain, she reaches for her glass, passed to her by Sunjata, giving him a skeptical look as he turns to focus on Maea. She rolled her eyes at him. It wasn't a matter of whether she could or not.. at least, that's what she thought. It was simply a matter of was she making the right decision? And she still hadn't come to that determination yet.

So she paused, and looked at Harper, trying to steel her will against his. And damn it all, it was hard. It was very, very hard.

And oh damn it all, he was being so sweet. Seriously, who the hell loaded this man up with this much honey? And how wasn't he ruined yet by the cold hand of Caido like everyone else around him? A growing tidal wave of guilt was swelling at the pit of her stomach. He really should be focused on someone else. Someone who actually was important and stuff. Someone who'd probably need that way more then she did. Libbs bit her lip, closing her eyes and dipping her head.

Oh, revenge was coming for Sunjata. She hadn't figured it out yet, but it was COMING.

She was sweating. So much, she took off her bandana, wiping her brow with it, and clutching the fabric betwixt her fingers, letting her blond highlights fall into her face and hide her gaze, blushing even harder as he proposed escaping from this situation with him. Oh dear. The implications that would cause. The drama. Sunjata would never let her live it down. Not to mention, it'd probably blow her hand, which she wasn't doing a very good job hiding.

"I.. uh.. I don't know.." she mumbled, trying to dodge his gaze. "You.. uh.. you know, you really s.. shouldn't keep staring at me like that.. your eyes are really pretty, and.. um.. they're distracting. You.. uh, should look.. uh.. somewhere else.." she choked.
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
making bad decisions is my middle name
He essentially leaves them to it after speaking to Libbs in his hushed tones, turning his steel gaze over to Maea with a hum of a chuckle lingering at the floundering fish beside him. But his attention, the glimmer in his eye, his focus is on Maea, and he smirks to her as she leans away from the bar and takes the drink that was originally for Libbs over to her to sip from.

A light smirk crosses his face as he shakes his head slightly. “There’s nothing stopping you from dining with me, is there?” His head tilts, a playfulness to his face and body influenced greatly from the entertainment beside them. He can’t help but to nudge an elbow out toward Libbs, a movement of trying to get her to relax – though he wonders if it’ll have her jumping out of her skin. Either way, he shoots her a glance that seems to suggest she can take whatever she wants to drink from behind the bar.

Harper’s comment does earn a wry smirk of amusement, his steel meeting Harper’s own, and he breaks from Maea and his conversation to lean toward the two. “Mmm I’m afraid no kidnapping. I’m her chaperone for the day.” He teases, winking to Harper, giving a smirk to Libbs to keep her there, and he turns his gaze back on Maea.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
He was so charming. With the little smiles, the rapt attention on her (well, somewhat scattered perhaps, but at least reoccurring?) and the easy way he navigated around her prickly attempts to keep her distance, Sunjata was steadily catching Maea's attention and holding it. Perhaps it didn't work quite as well as he wanted it to, those flirting tactics of his - because Maea knew he had them, and knew it would be foolish to get caught in his webs again - but they were taking effect. To the point where, when Sunjata asked her to share the meal with him, she actually considered him, thinking it over.

"Aside from the part where you should be working, and 'chaperoning'?" she smiled, picking up on his comment to Harper. "Well, I suppose not. Give me a moment."

Pushing away, Maea left the counter and headed back to her table, where she grabbed tray of food and drinks along with the book, and came back with it all in her hands, to sit by the counter instead. On her way back, weaving in and out of milling people, she considered the color of Libbs face, the tail end of the breathless words she gave the boy opposite her, and almost winced. It was quite painfully obvious that she really liked Harper, and just as obvious that the kid was oblivious to this fact. (Just because she was bad at romance herself didn't mean Maea couldn't see it in others, okay?)

Sitting back down again, she kept half an eye on the pair while she resumed partaking in her meal, rather curious to see how Harper would handle to request.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
Harper wishes he'd paid better attention to lessons on sickness instead of field sutures and emergency procedures, because Libbs looks like she's going to keel over if he breathes on her too hard and he doesn't know why. Somewhere his ex (rest her soul) is probably laughing her ass of at him for his oblivious nature and inability to assume anyone is fond of him - a hilarious parallel to Libbs' own internal monologue that he's unaware of.

Sunjata leans back to reply then, and Harper wrinkles his nose at the man playfully. "Ruining all my fun, aren't bars supposed to encourage reckless behavior?" He doesn't mind engaging the man in a verbal spar, maybe it will take some pressure off of Libbs and give her time to do...something. Whatever is wrong with her, he's still not sure. But seeing as he can't steal her away for a breath of fresh air away from the other two, Harper isn't really sure how else he can help but to try to keep his eyes on her and give her something singular to focus on. Him, in this case.

Not the she seems intent on looking at him, and when she speaks - stuttering, nervous - it makes his own cheeks light up in a warm red hue. The compliment is so sincere it completely floors him, and he sputters wordlessly as he tries to come up with a response. Bold flirtations that go nowhere? Perfect, he's got that down. Sincere compliments that aren't about his body or getting him in bed? Nope, nope, he's a goner. Still he can tell how much it took for her to say it, and he still has zero clue what's going on but he's not going to be rude. "But then how else will I see your beautiful face?" It's sincere but almost shyly said, eyes dipping down to his cup to give them both a reprieve. "Thank you though, nobody has ever told me that before." Ah, there's solid ground again. Harper lifts his gaze back up, smiling shyly at her, chest buzzing warmly as he tucks the compliment away to be remembered in future days.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LIBBS
Libbs face burned, but instead of a frown that threatened to break cracks into her skin, her eyes caught a bit of a light to them! A little bit of a warm glow within the waves of brown. The corner of her mouth turns slightly upward into a gentle smirk, pushing her hair up from her face to get a better look at him. "Well, um.. that's a shame. Because it's true. You do have really pretty eyes. "

Her confidence started to grow a little bit. "And uh, you also have a really lovely smile too. It's sunny, and filled with a lot of.. fun? Light? I dunno.. Look, I'm really bad at this.." she admitted to him, before giving a side glance to Sunjata, shooting him a look of daggers. "But I do think that you... are.. umm.."

Oh no. Her body seemed to tighten again. "Umm.." She took a sharp breath, and suddenly, it came out very quick, very fast, and hopefully not audible. "Cute."

And like that, she quickly looked around. Quick. Quick! Distraction! Distraction! She reached for Harper's drink, being the closest near her, and swung it to her lips, chugging it profusely, gasping for air as the cup went back down. "Uh.. Sorry. Thirsty. I'll get you more.." she muttered, before moving behind the bar to refill the glass.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
I can work, chaperone, and give you my attention.” He teases her back with a snort, but she agrees nonetheless and he lets her go and grab her things before he focuses on grabbing a glass for someone else while he listens in on the conversation beside him. He catches the look that Libbs shoots to him, and he snorts with a shrug of his shoulders, a glance toward her full of innocence as though he’s asking what he’s done.

But she comments about being thirsty, grabbing Harper’s glass and chugging it before fiddling behind the back of the bar to grab something to fill it up. He casually points to a variety of things the other man might need, before his attention returns to Maea. “So what are you working on?” He asks Maea, pretending to ignore the antics that are occurring.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
Not sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for Libbs, Maea sought her gaze and offered a smile and an arced brow. If it got too rough, she could help with the escape. To the void with Sunjata and Harper, if Libbs wanted - truly wanted - an out, Maea would make sure she had one.

But until then, she would not interfere.

Turning her attention back to Sunjata, she tapped the cover of the book. "It's a compendium on flora and fauna found within the Grounds," she replied. "I know most of the things written here, so I use it for a reference when I don't know how to spell words. There are some interesting things written that I did not yet know of, though. Apparently landsharks aren't as rare as I thought, for example... and core ghosts aren't really ghosts at all. Just insects."

Though as anapple farmer, she had been quite aware of the latter... Just wanted to keep talking to Sunjata, while she still had his attention.

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Of the options he's expecting considering Libbs' nervous demeanor, seeing her light up and smile isn't the one he'd put his money on. A confidence he didn't expect from her as her lips turn up into a small smirk, pinning him in place with her warm gaze as heat suffuses his cheeks stubbornly. As she speaks he only turns further pink, smiling at her in a distinctly overwhelmed, flattered and shy cocktail. Nobody has ever spoken to him in such a way, much less so sincerely. Part of Harper insists he should reclaim his suaveness and flirt back - if that's what she's doing, he's still hesitant to declare it in his mind - but all other parts of him are simply melting away like sugar beneath warm water. His smile only grows as she points it out, and his heart is doing little backflips and he wants to grab her and hug her tight and coo over her for the rest of the night.

"You're doing a lot better than I've ever done," he comforts, chuckling shyly, fingers tapping restlessly on the counter for lack of something to do. Finding a proper response within the maelstrom of fluster inside him is difficult at best. Especially when she spits the word 'cute' at him like a bullet and immediately loses her nerve. Harper is too stunned to do or say anything, staring starstruck at her as she slams his drink back and scuttles away with a mumbled excuse. Oh gods his heart is not strong enough for this. Belatedly he finds himself proud of her for being so bold and brave without the fake nature of flirting he's used to.

At least her departure gives him time to get his head on straight, so that when she returns he's ready to respond. Leaning his forearms on the bar to get a little closer and keep their conversation a tad bit more private, he bites his lip and smiles up at her. "I...I think you're very cute too, Libbs. And very brave, I could never have told you that so quickly," he admits, running a hand through his hair and gaze darting back down to the table. Lord it's so much easier to just put on some bravado and get shot down than it is to be honest. "I really enjoy spending time with you." That's the basis of it all isn't it? And she at least deserves to hear that, no matter how it makes his insides squirm.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
LIBBS
Libbs blinked softly, trying to suppress a stupid smile from coming to her face. Her eyes glittered a bit, despite the drunken flush, and her inability to keep her head straight. Gunning that drink was not wise in a long shot. And she was doing her best to maintain some sort of.. composure.

Not very well mind you.

A weak glance back to the counter, before leaning closer into him. "S.. so do I." she admitted. "But.. uh- I dunno. It.. It's hard to explain." she scratched her head. "I w.. wish, ye.. ye didn't get pulled into this stupid game. I.. uh.. I'd rather I.. had.. this.. I dunno.. well ALONE for starters. And.." Libbs struggled to form the words, gasping for air a bit- she was so nervous. So- so nervous! In fact, it led to something probably no one was expecting.

As if something 'clicked', Libbs stopped moving so erratically. Her heart was beating so fast, with so much alcohol in her, the most strange little thing happened.

Very calmly, she smiled at him. "We.. we can talk about this a little later. But I think I'm gonna pass out now. Good night."

And like that, Sunjata, Maea, and Harper would see the woman's eyes flutter to the back of her head, close, and she'd slink back behind the counter, crashing into a few of the drinks behind her.

Libbs.exe had stopped working. Would you like to send a report to Microsoft?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It is actually a fair amount interesting to him what Maea explains about the work she’s doing, the names people give to things that have other meanings rather than what they truly are. And he’s distracted enough by that, that he momentarily forgets about the whole ordeal happening beside him — too focused on pale eyes and eating up the words she gives him.

At least, until Libbs mentions something about passing out and he goes to turn to her with a raised brow — too late, however, as she crashes into a few bottles on the back wall. He remains where he is, trying to buffer her fall a small amount before a curse leaves his lips in Korofi, bending down to scoop her up into his arms with a quiet sigh. Shooting a glance to Harper and Maea, a small half smile of an apology, he finds his gaze landi in Libbs again.

I’m going to get her set up in a room.” He offers, considering as he looks back at Maea and Harper. “Someone want to grab a bucket and help?” Just on the off chance she gets sick, and he begins to try and take her back toward one of the empty rooms in the back
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
Maea was brought out of her conversation with Sunjata by the crash as Libbs fell into the racks. Alarmed by the woman's unconcsious state, Maea got to her feet and was halfway around the bar before Sunjata even leaned to pick Libbs up, worried that she'd been injured.

"Of course, I'll get it. You can take her to my room, it's not too much of a mess," she said. Reaching for a bucket, Maea also found a few rags and some plain water, and followed after Sunjata, indicating with a wave of a hand that Harper was welcome to join as well.

Hurrying to overtake the bartender, she led the way to her room at the far end of the corridor and pulled the door open to let them in. Simple and tasteful in decoration, it was clear Maea had not made much of an effort to make herself at home in the room. Books and papers were stacked high on available surfaces, but beyond signs of intense and sometimes messy study, there were very few personal items around. A small bag with belonings stood in a corner, some clothes were neatly folded and stashed away on a shelf, and hanging from a peg on the wall was the bow Sunjata had given her, not so very long ago.

"Come in," Maea said, and nodded at the neatly made bed - it looked hardly slept in at all. "It should be quiet enough in here."

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
"Game?" Harper frowns inquisitively at her, mood dampening as her own drunken distress comes mumbled through her lips. Before he can ask anything further to try and get to the root of the problem and hopefully make her feel better, Libbs goes eerily still and with a rather monotone warning, collapses. Harper makes a distressed noise and vaults the bar without conscious thought, kneeling beside Libbs and feeling his own pulse flutter anxiously as he checks her over visually.

Sunjata is quick to join him, and Maea seems to have things well in hand as she comes to complete the little circle they form around the unconscious woman. Nodding silently at the instructions Sunjata gives, he goes rifling under the bar and in the back until he comes back with a bucket triumphantly, offering himself to help carry Libbs just in case the other man needs it. Unsure of where he stands with these other two, Harper trails after them to Maea's room, still concerned though he knows Libbs is barely injured.

Moving past the other two into the room, he sets down the bucket and flips back the covers for Sunjata to lay Libbs down on the bed. He smiles awkwardly and lifts a hand to rub the back of his neck, self-conscious. "Well that was...an interesting first visit here. I'm glad she has you two to look after her." She is one of his friends and he cares about her, which makes him all the more glad that there are other people out there who feel the same and want her to be safe. "Thank you for letting her use your room," he aims sincerely at Maea, smiling shyly. "I should probably go?" Harper gestures towards the door uncertainly as he edges towards it, wanting to leave Libbs in peace to sleep it off and not wanting to interrupt whatever Sunjata and Maea had had going while he and Libbs had talked.