I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MaeA
"Thank you! It's been a motivation, to be honest... I don't want to bother you or Sam with it if I can learn it myself." She flushed at the praise, unable to entirely hide the pleased smile. Impressing Jigano was not always easy but always worthwhile and in her opinion, a simple but effective way of keeping motivated. His work ethics bordered on perfectionism at times, and seeing as he was the one they all looked up to as an example... well. Lazing about on the job was not an option, in Maea's eyes. Though perhaps she took it a bit too far sometimes, which her thin frame suggested; even though it had been a while since she returned, the girl still had an underfed look about her, as though she ate too litte, moved too much and slept poorly, if at all.

Straightening herself a little once the easy part was over, she followed the Provost out into the main hall went to collect cups and plates for the refreshments, waving for Sunjata to make himself comfortable at the large table. Once settled in herself, she waited for the question she knew would come, and took a deep steadying breath, grateful for the dark-haired man's quiet support as she plunged headlong into the reason they had come.

"A bit of everything, I would say," she began. Pushing her hair back from the face and back behind an ear, she chose her words carefully, knowing fully well how little Jigano would like them.

"I was approached by Zariah Launceleyn a while ago. She plans to start an academy, with the goal of training Abandoned in the use of magic." Looking up at the bard, the provost, the master of her guild and her friend, she met his gaze, with as much calm confidence as she could muster.

"I considered it for some time... and have decided that I want to accept her offer. For several reasons."

Steeling herself, she did not even dare to look at Sunjata; fully focused on the silver-haired man, to see what kind of reaction her words might bring on. Prepared for the worst.
you're so cold, but you feel alive.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death - by Maea - 01-24-2020, 03:44 AM