I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Maea looked stunned that he had taken the time to respond to her questions and challenges, her needling taunts and sly insinuations that he didn't know his own guild. He watched her reach out to Sunjata and for once restrained the urge to arch a brow. He and Maea had certainly grown very close, very fast... and it explained why she hadn't wanted to stay in the Guildhall. "Zariah also has a lifetime of experience using combat magics and finding those who will do her bidding," the bard pointed out dryly. "Bully she might be... but she's a bully in a position of power once more, with the ear of Halo's Warden and likely some command over the Citadel's guards. I underestimated her once... I don't intend to repeat that mistake." He met Sunjata's eyes squarely, wondering if the Flood would be learning the same lesson the hard way.

"Amalia gets some say in things," he countered tiredly. "I've visited her, too. Deimos may or may not want to spend every moment at her side... but she may wish time to herself, as well. She did before, at least." And that had been a heart-shaking and soul-searching conversation that had torn him down to his core, though not in the way that this one had. There had been healthy grieving and shared honesty on that day, two angry and lost people who had tried to find a middle ground to build a bridge to the future from...

Not... whatever this was. This two-pronged attack as they worked in tandem to have their way, regardless of what he said.

He bit back a sigh as he watched Maea while Sunjata spoke, letting the Flood's words wash over him and wondering at how quickly the last Valair had wrapped him around her little finger. "I told her a portion of the history between Zariah and the Guild when she first came back," he said wearily. "She sought out the Merciless and then made the decision to force this issue on her own, it sounds like." He tilted his head back at the other man, copying the avian gesture with dark humor when he realized what they were both doing. "You wouldn't be here if she hadn't known this choice was coming."

And back to Loren, which drew a thin smile to the Provost's face. "Zariah has threatened him with death and tried to disown him. He hates her more than I ever could, for what she did to him back in their old worlds. He might lend a hand to keep her from doing the same to her students, and she might blackmail him into it by threatening just that, but he knows the danger of working with her. You make a good point, though. I need to talk to him, as soon as I can get away to Halo again for a day." Hopefully not to have a conversation like this again. Loren had an ever-changing heart, but Jigano wanted to trust his friend after all they had been through since the summoner's return.

"She can go to Halo without joining Zariah's ranks," the bard said mildly. "She can go to the Greatwood or anywhere else she chooses. She can start her own Guild, or her own school here in the Hollowed Grounds... make friends wherever she pleases, experience whatever she wishes. But some of that will include consequences, for herself and others, no less than the rest of us." he turned back to Maea, blue eyes seeking out the young woman who had gone silent while Sunjata had gone on the attack. "But whatever you choose, Maea, you don't need to make that decision now." Some of the steel faded from his voice, replaced by an odd note of loss as he stood up and turned to pull his office door closed, locking it for the day. "Take as much time as you need. We're all wound up from this, and that's no state of mind or heart to make choices in." He looked to Sunjata, giving a slight shake of his head. "Flood, not going to lie... your presence here today probably did more harm than good, but if you two are a package deal now, a switch to the Advocates might not be a bad choice for her, if she'll have you. And if you think you'll give her more freedom and support in her purpose than the Loreseekers can, I will regret her leaving us, but be glad she's going to work for a friend." Something cold and wounded twisted in his gut, but he kept his expression calm as he bowed to them both and left the hall. Sam would be by soon, if their recent schedules held true, and he would come back later to see how that book on Flora was finishing up, after a brisk walk and a hot meal to settle his stomach.

{Fin Jigano}

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death - by Jigano - 01-29-2020, 10:47 PM