and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

"...Oh." Sam thought he had been the first to find Remi in Torchline, the only one so far that had been to the beach; apparently not. Hearing that the Alchemist had tried to kill himself, though...it opened up a new kind of sadness within him, one that actually gave him more empathy for the rest of how Remi had acted. He at least understood suicidality, knew the way it felt, how it could make you act.

He also knew it would pass, if you made it through. Hopefully the same could happen for Remi.

Of course, no news matched up to what Loren had to say next, which left Sam with his mouth partially open, eyes mortified and alarmed. He had whined about his relationship woes when Loren had suffered such a horrible, recent loss - he hardly knew what to say. Sam had heard of the fire in the Greatwood, heard even that a man had died, but he hadn't recognised the name.

"I...I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Are you...sure you don't want to sit down for a while? When something so horrible happens it can be good to stop and just..breathe, for a moment. I wonder if that's why Remi is quite so wound up, if he hasn't let himself process it." Sam chewed on his lip, frowning - he was unsure about this analysis (or if it would seem callous to bring it up) but he'd said it now.
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?

Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back - by Samuel - 01-27-2020, 06:15 PM