and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

"Well...I just...it sounds like you'd be lonely." Sam thought it was really rather obvious. If he were in Loren's position, he would have actually been quite hurt had no one been worrying about him, especially as it sounded he was painfully used to loss.. "It...never fades at all?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing together. He'd found his own grief for his old tutor had eventually calmed down to a more background hum, only noticeable when he was reminded of it. That said, he'd never lost a lover, at least not to death.

He tried not to let the brusque nature of Loren's words get to him. They didn't seem to be spoken with a venom like Remi's had been, just said by a man who no longer had any patience for niceties. "No, I didn't but...some people like to remember who they've lost and tell people about them. It can help. I suppose because you feel like you're...continuing his memory." Sam had not told very many people about his tutor (especially not after the incident in the Spire), so he wasn't really sure of the validity of this, but it was something he'd heard a few times before.

At the question of which Remi was normal...he paused before he spoke, finger slowly circling around a knot in the wood table. "Well, ever since I knew him, he's been kind and gentle...sweet. And I've known him for quite a long time now - it seems unlikely he's been putting on an act the entire time, right?"
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?

Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back - by Samuel - 01-27-2020, 08:45 PM