and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

Loren was quiet for a time and Sam didn't push him to speak; he often took a long time to formulate his own words and knew that being rushed could ruin everything you'd prepared to say. In the spare moments he organised some of his things, trying his best to avoid Loren's eyes so he wouldn't seem to be pressuring.

When the man finally did speak, it was quiet and so bizarrely revealing compared to anything else he'd said so far that Sam had to pause to try and take it in - not that he had much of a chance before Loren was rambling off his entire history, totally changing from being quiet and stoic as he had been before. Once the initial surprise had worn off he rested his hands on his lap and tried to listen attentively again, nodding when it felt appropriate. It was odd to be on the other side of a long sad ramble for once.

That loneliness was preferable, though...he still wasn't sure he thought it was the best thing for Loren, but he wouldn't argue when he'd just heard so much sadness fall from his lips. Sam knew how grating it could be to have someone insist you cheer up or think different when you were under the weight of the past.

The words for Abasi were sweet and made Sam smile at the same time they made his heart heavy - it was clear Loren had a lot of regrets, a lot of love lost. "He sounds like a very good man. I'm sorry." What else was there to say, really?

Loren's statement on Remi and the fact that he'd had so little to say made it dawn on Sam he might be holding Loren back uncomfortably - that he was wasting the time of someone already grieving. Embarrassed, he sighed and gave him a weak smile. "Well, I won't...make you stay here and tell me all your miseries. I'll be here though, if you need or want some support in the future."
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?

Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back - by Samuel - 01-28-2020, 03:54 PM