I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Sam laughed at Loren's quickly summarised list, though could confirm it sounded like what he'd heard so far about Halo. "You'll need more detail than that for the letters, but it'd be a good start. Just all the facts you can think of about it, so I can begin to turn them into a guide to Halo for the Atheneum." He'd already selected a leather; pale blue with a golden rub, giving it a metallic sheen.

"Well. I'd like to know more...I suppose less useful things. What's it like to live there? Do you like it? Do they worship the Old Gods?" He was sure that they didn't worship The Voice (though if they did, he'd be very happy indeed), but Sam was also skeptical enough of the Old Gods to believe they wouldn't be praised everywhere as unquestioningly as they were in the Ground.

Responsible for the health of all in the Citadel seemed like a very big responsibility, but Loren sounded confident enough he could handle it so Sam only nodded, looking down to make sure Mia was comfortable before turning back out onto another main street. "When I was 17...I began to sit in the market behind the stalls a lot, to hide from my father. An old man, Cornelius, the book maker...he saw me and asked if I'd like to learn the trade - I had nothing else to do, so I accepted. It was one of the better decisions of my life."

As for the second best: "I've been helping The Voice with her portals, mostly. The access to Halo and Torchline - we had a lot of exploring to do, a shrine to make."

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 01-29-2020, 11:18 PM