I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"Absolutely. I love to write letters." Sam smiled, glad to have established some kind of connection. He had found he liked talking to Loren (even if he was a flat, miserable man at the moment) and Jigano would be pleased to have a constant stream of information between Halo and the Ground. "I will keep you as well informed as I can."

I don't like anything right now. Well, Sam knew how that felt. Nodding sympathetically, he was glad that Loren at least had been present enough to notice worship to the Old Gods. "I see. Then I might hold off on visiting the Citadel for a while, at least until we know they aren't hostile to Ascended...though I have seen several natives to Halo using the portals now, so if they know where they come from, they should be at least open to our ideas." He hoped. Then again, Amalia had gotten herself to Halo, hadn't she?

The streets were quiet, only the occasional lit window indicating any life in Sanctuary at all. Sam's house was only one more turn away and he found himself beginning to grow a little sad it wasn't a longer walk. Maybe it was cruel to want to prolong Loren's clear reluctantly to accompany him, but the man was decent enough conversation and Sam liked to think that he was possibly helping the Launceleyn by involving him in the discussion.

"Strained is certainly one word for it. I had reason to hide, at least." He sighed, not liking how many times his difficult bringing up and his father had come up recently (though maybe it was a mark of progress that he had been able to discuss it with so many people).

While Loren said it quietly, Sam was interested in his words, turning to look at him: "You make books too? I'd love to see some of your work - I could even sell them in my shop and give you the profit, if you'd like. We need more bookbinders in this town." He'd just been becrying the loss of his art in the Hollowed Ground; if more artisans of his kind existed, he wanted to gather them.

As for the lightning... "Well - not just mine. But I was involved, yes, in the making of the shrine, the work before it. The Voice does tend to complete things with...a lot of light." He smiled fondly at this.

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 01-30-2020, 09:35 AM