I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Did Loren not know about the limitations of the Ascended? Sam had thought they had been well-shared by now, if only to convince the masses away from The Voice. "Well, because I can't really have any of the negative effects. I don't gain weight, or anything like that. I don't need to eat, so it doesn't matter if I have an unhealthy diet." He shrugged, knowing full well that his habit of eating a whole box of biscuits in one setting would definitely be showing by now if it weren't for The Voice's gift.

At least the patch would allow him to give a full explanation and clarify his own exception. The actually interested tone to Loren's voice was rather encouraging as well. "When...Remi and I were together, he made something for me." Speaking of Remi like this was hard, after recent events (and the creeping guilt that had begun to set in as Sam had begun to realised he had perhaps not acted in the best way on the beach, y'know, maybe); Sam sighed and put down his teacup. "It allowed me to experience taste, smell, physical sensation...pain, too, but I eventually asked The Voice to take that from me. It means I am more able to be like the average person than the rest of the Ascended. So, I enjoy my tea."

He smiled at Loren as the man spoke of things normal. "Yes. That's why I returned to the guild and my shop after these last few months. I needed to...settle down in the every day for a little. It's been far too hectic lately."

Reaching down by the side of his chair, Sam pulled out a metal tin and opened it, revealing several different kinds of biscuits within - he held this out towards Loren. "Well, anything that you take comfort in that is perhaps...not the best thing for you."

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 01-31-2020, 08:45 PM