I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Sam let Loren's incorrect assumptions go with a polite smile and a shake of his head, sipping at his tea and revelling, even if just quietly in his own head, about how wonderful it truly was to be able to taste each note of the flavour. He agreed that the patch had indeed been an immense improvement to his life, even if he could not now think of it's creator without some trouble. "It is indeed. I try to convince our Goddess that such a thing would be good for the others, so that it may be easier to persuade others to ascend...but...ah. She does not really understand human wants like that." He smiled fondly as he spoke of his 'mother'.

He sadly nodded as Loren reflected on the last few weeks...he was sure Loren had felt the chaos more keenly than he with his recent bereavement. "It can be difficult, the first months after....well, I'm sure you know. Time moves oddly, doesn't it?" Sam had been fortunate enough to not need to grieve too often (and had not at all for his father) but he still had some experience, knew how days could seem years and years could seem days.

Loren did not take a biscuit, but Sam left the tin between them in case he would like one later; for himself he took a small shortbread and dipped it in his tea. Hearing of Loren's particular vice was rather a surprise: the man seemed so intellectual, educated, almost meek in a way. "...I see. Could you not find an enviroment where you could do it in a controlled way? A...fighter's guild, of sorts? Or I know plenty of the warriors here train with each other. It's...haha. Not my area." He figured that was relatively obvious, given his wimpy nature.

"What is it you find appealing about it, may I ask?"

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 02-01-2020, 08:38 PM