I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"Ah...were you with someone else?" Sam asked, tilting his head. He'd heard from several people that they'd met his Goddess and had a negative experience; as the only deity actively trying to recruit, she did not have a wonderful grasp of PR. Still, he'd tried to speak to her of it many times, and it had never come to anything. "If you ever wanted to, I could take you to visit her."

He was not surprised Loren didn't react well to his question about time and simply nodded at the response, chewing his biscuit and wishing he had a better sense of tact. It always seemed that he only heard the things he said after he'd said them.

Weak. Sam found he could relate to Loren's story, though they had rather different conclusions. Where the Launceleyn had taken comfort in the physical and magical power he had gained, Sam had instead found peace in knowing he didn't have to gain it. He would not judge the man for this, however: he knew how hard it could be to find peace. "Well, I hope you find some way to channel it. I don't...think it's a bad thing, necessarily. A lot of people like to hit pillows and so on when they're angry, don't they?" Possibly a silly example, but the best he had at the moment.

"I don't really...have anything I could use to attack. The Voice gave me defensive upgrades, but that's all. Do you have a lot of magic?" Sam asked, unaware of what skills Loren actually possessed.

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 02-01-2020, 10:29 PM