I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"Well, if you ever need to. While you may not wish to Ascend, The Voice has some very special abilities indeed." Sam left it there, though he hoped to eventually encourage more non-Ascended to see The Voice as they might any other God, a being with powers that could be useful, a potential ally and friend.

Loren's comment about hitting things harder than a pillow provoked a reaction in Sam he didn't understand himself: he felt a sudden fear, one that passed almost immediately, but one that stopped him from asking or saying anything further on the matter other than an 'mmm' hummed down into his tea.

At least his upgrades were a fun enough topic to get into, Sam liking his newfound powers very much indeed. "Well, firstly--" Starting with his feet and slowly going up to his head, Sam made himself invisible, seemingly melting out of view, his cup floating just in front of the chair and Mia looking very confused indeed just above the seat. "--I can do this. And I can make a barrier of electricity around myself...I won't, because it could hurt you and it definitely wouldn't be good for Mia." He laughed a little awkwardly, but smile warmly as he said: "With these I can look after myself. The Voice has really helped me."

Though his abilities were hardly anything compared to the list Loren rattled off, the amount of power in his hands making Sam's eyes widen in amazement. "Wow. It must have taken you a long time to learn all of that."

When Loren mentioned his comfort, for a moment Sam didn't understand. Once he did, he smiled and looked down at the fire place, shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose it's easier to feel alright with someone else here. It's when I'm alone I realise I feel odd; I was just so used to having someone else around...and you're good company." He turned the smile to Loren.

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought that love was a kind of emptiness - by Samuel - 02-01-2020, 11:04 PM