down where it's wetter
For Zidane
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun chuckled at Zidane’s description of the development of their friendship. "Ah, so I'm infectious? I grew on you? Like a rash." Giving the other man a grin, the potter waggled his eyebrows.

As Zidane revealed that he was planning to kill himself after defeating the monsters, Amun stilled almost entirely, not even breathing. Eyes studying the other man's features, the potter finally cocked his head to one side. "Maybe." Amun's voice came out cautiously.

"Here's a question for you. That pain, that loss you felt? Have you considered how others might feel if you went off and died?" There was an almost hurt tone in the words, which was honestly difficult to draw out of the potter.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't help but to chuckle himself from the description Amun gave. A rash? "Yes exactly, but the best kind." He stated both honestly and amused and actually gave the other man a small wink as he said it. The so out of tune Zidane suddenly got slightly back to his old self huh? Interesting. But soon Amuns smile faded as quick as if someone deflated a balloon with a needle prick which of course made it spread over to Zidane. The sudden change of mood loomed over them both and as Amun stated his point it came like a shot to the heart for Zidane. Well.. ofcourse he had not considered that, not in that way at least. He have had no plans of getting friends but had failed that, got close to Amun besides his own efforts to stay alone and miserable.

He had not even considered how Amun would feel if he carried out his plans after defeating the LongNight monsters and he couldn't help but to feel hurt over how his own mind had failed him. The hurt voice of Amun was the worst however since Zidane NEVER wanted to cause Amun any form of pain which had turned Zidanes face almost pale if he had still been human. He scratched his head not truly sure on what to say or do for a bit. But after a while he took a few steps towards Amun and without further ado he embraced him firmly. Rested his chin on Amuns shoulder without even saying anything, just hugged him tight as he tried to work out a conversation in his own head. What could he say? There was nothing he could say that would forgive the hurt of Amun but the best he could work out was; "Im sorry."
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Laughing outright at Zidane’s response, Amun gave the other man a curious and amused look. ”And what, exactly, is the best kind of rash?" The teasing edge to the potter's voice was evident, and he smirked as he waited for the response.

As Zidane's arms wrapped around Amun, he responded immediately, hugging the other man back. Indeed, the potter gave Zidane a tight squeeze, even though neither of them got physical pleasure from the embrace. Sometimes, though, touch still mattered even to the Ascended. "It's okay. I know you didn't mean it like that." Amun's voice was back to its previously cheerful tone. Gently, he disentangled himself from the other man. "People are staring." It came out in a joking whisper.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ZIDANE
"The persistent one that won't leave you and at the same time don't cause you any form of pain. It just.. exists." He couldn't help but to fall into the tease as Amun evoked. It was a good feeling to have such a light experience in his life for the first time in ages. Small flirting and just a truly good time really.

In the embrace he hugged Amun as tight as he could without of course causing physical pain in the sense that would harm Amuns body. Since Ascendeds really didn't feel physical pain. The words of Amun calmed him from the small panic he had felt hearing the hurt in his voice, cause as stated; he really didn't want to hurt Amun. As he heard that people was staring he couldn't help but to chuckle before letting the words "Let them. escape him in that low, Ascended voice. He really didn't care about the people staring. What he cared about however was to show Amun that he was the important thing in this whole twisted world and with that; REALLY show him. Not just state it. He let the hug linger a while longer before letting Amun go slowly as he felt the point has been made, not letting him go fully though since he wanted to meet Amuns eyes with his own. "I promise i won't go anywhere, even if the monsters have perished. Okay?" Yes he couldn't do to Amun what had been done to him. He was not that type of asshole.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Snorting at Zidane’s comment, Amun shook his head. ”Wow. You make me sound so appealing.” His voice was gently teasing.

As the man continued holding the potter, he smirked a little. Still, he rolled his eyes at Zidane’s words. ”It was a joke. And a reminder that we’re trying not to draw attention to ourselves.” However, the potter was touched by the gesture, and it was apparent in his voice.

Giving the other man one last squeeze, the hug finally ended. As Zidane agreed to keep on living, Amun grinned, genuinely and brightly. "It's a start." He reached out to give the other man's shoulder another playful shove. Only then did the potter turn back to perusing the goods on display.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't help but to smirk over the comment he got from Amun since it indeed was amusing. At least he had the appealing part of the statement right, say what you will but Amun was indeed a very appealing man to know.

As he got reminded that they were supposed to not draw to much attention to themselves he sighed slightly in an endearing way letting go of Amun after one quick, honest squeeze in the hug they shared. How could he not have seen this? How had he for so long intended to cause the same pain to Amun that his own family had caused him when they died? True he have had a feeling that it didn't matter if he lived or died but oversaw the whole thing that it might matter for someone else.

As Amun went back to browse the items on display Zidanqe couldn't help it but to browse Amun instead. Watching him watching things, kinda poetic. He couldn't and wouldn't wanna hurt Amun after all, heck he even saw him as part of his own, weird family after all.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Zidane finally released Amun, he reached out to give the other man a friendly punch in the arm. "Chin up. We've got a whole new region to explore, so no gloomy thoughts now." The potter slipped the ring he'd filched early into his palm and showed it to Zidane with a grin. Then Amun slid it into a pocket, not exactly wanting to get caught with stolen goods in a strange city.

With that, he nodded at the other man and turned to examine the market. Some folks were starting to circle up, and he raised his eyebrows. Sauntering towards it, he stood on his tiptoes, surprised to see a fight breaking out between two rather muscular women. It seemed that many in the crowd were taking bets on the outcome, which caused the potter to smirk.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't do more than just to smirk as he nodded, was going to try to cheer up from his normal, gloomy existence. Easier said than done; sure. But not impossible however. He would try his best to be a bit more pleasant to hang out with. As Amun showed him the ring Zidane smiled and shook his head in a comedic manner. He guessed they had both been taking risks with not making a scene. He with hugging Amun way too long and Amun by shop lifting, but as stated; he didn't mind Amun shoplifting.

As Amun steered his steps towards the gathering Zidane followed to see what was going on. Apparently to larger women were about to go at each other and others was taking bets on the winner. Hmm.. okay. Zidane wasn't much for watching fights and yet there was a darker part of him that really wanted none Ascended's to feel the hurt he had felt himself once upon a time. It was a completely shameful wish of his however that he tended to not wanting to share with anyone. Life is painful and for these women it was about to get instantly more painful. What had happened? Who really knew and to be fair he didn't entirely know if he cared either. Did Amun enjoy this though? Maybe try it out and see?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun found himself watching the fight idly, though more to get a sense for the sorts of past times that people enjoyed in Torchline rather than any real joy in the fighting. He figured if people were gonna get sweaty and physical, there were much more pleasurable ways to do so. Still, he glanced at Zidane slightly, making sure the other Ascended was fine.

Then the potter returned his gaze to the fight. The slightly taller woman scored a punch to the other one's temple. The shorter one staggered a few steps, and the taller one closed in to finish it off. However, it had been a feint on the part of the smaller woman, who pivoted neatly and tossed the taller woman into the crowd.

Straight towards, Amun, in fact, who found himself knocked on his ass. Chuckling, he went limp, not wanting to get involved with the fighting any further.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
It was like it all went in slow motion both the fight and what happened next. The taller woman got handled and thrown towards the location where he and Amun was located. Zidane quickly took a step to the side to avoid getting hit by flying women but apparently Amun had not done the same. Zidane's jaw had slightly dropped from these unforeseen events as the woman crashed into Amun that fell like a domino to the ground with the woman on top of him. What... the....!?

Zidane found himself in disbelief and forced his mind to connect the puzzle pieces of what just had happened as the woman wiggled around on top of Amun, clearly disorganized and for some reason this almost made Zidane pissy. Why? He had no clue. With determination he took a few steps forward as the woman got up on wobbly legs while the shorter woman took the opportunity to fly forward to land another strike on the already half knocked out womans jaw. Without using his Ascended abilities in a way that would reveal who they where he snuck downwards to fetch up Amun by throwing his arm over his shoulders and quickly drag him out of the "danger zone" as the now fully knocked woman fell face first at the spot Amun been at half a second before.

Why was Zidane this pissy was the question. It wasn't like Amun was made of glass and certainly would barely feel the weight of the now decked woman but still he was annoyed as fuck. An everyday Joe would probably not see the annoyance Zidane had right now but Amun that knew him would certainly recognize it. His eyelids had sunken slightly on top of his eyes and he was oddly stiff in his body language. He let go of Amun after "saving" him while in a bit sulky Ascended voice said; "Shall we move on?" as low that it was only hearable for Amun. Humans indeed were annoying.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As the woman wriggled around on top of Amun, he just stayed still, figuring it would be the best way to get out of this quickly. She got off quickly enough, and then Zidane was there. The potter let the other man pull him up and guide him away, sensing that the other Ascended needed to make sure Amun was safe.

At Zidane's question, the potter raised his eyebrows.  "Sure. But first..." Reaching out, he laid a hand on his fellow Ascended's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I'm okay. There was no harm done, and if I was ever in any real danger I would've fought back." The potter's voice was gentle and reassuring, trying to make sure the other man understood that things were okay.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
"Technically i do know this and yet.." He mumbled as he looked at Amun while the shorter woman angrily looked down on her fallen opponent almost in a way that reminded Zidane of a most unfriendly snake. The kind of mother snake that just found you prodding its eggs. He did however not merit her another look since she now was on his blacklist. He did indeed know that something like that didn't harm Amun but the mere thought of that it MIGHT hurt him was still there. Zidane exhaled softly even though he really didn't breathe before a small smirk graced him again, clearly calmed down a bit again but unforgiving none the less. He was just nervous when it came to any type of harm to the people he cared about.

He noticed he still had a hold of Amun and therefor he slowly let him free before literally turning him around and nudging him forward away from the crazy people. Casting a glance to make sure they were not followed while digging in a pocket to take out a small noteblock and a pen to scribble something down in it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
At Zidane's words, Amun grinned. Reaching up, he stood on his tiptoes to ruffle the much taller man's hair. The potter's gesture was equal parts playful and affectionate. "Don't worry. I'm sure something or someone will try to kill me in short order. Then you can get all violently protective." His tone was teasing, though there was probably more truth than he cared to admit in the words.

As the other man gently steered Amun away, he went easily and willingly. When Zidane pulled out a notebook, the potter glanced towards it. "Whatcha writing?" There was a great deal of curiosity and interest in Amun's voice, and he craned his neck to try and get a better look.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane looked at Amun who owned that grin all over his face and listened to his words sliiiightly grumpy over the mere thought of someone harming Amun. "Well if I'm present when someone tries to kill you then it will be the last thing they ever do or i will die myself if I'm unsuccessful. Tch! I will NOT make their death easy for them either." He said first in a meaning voice to make sure Amun got the point he was making and then went over to a almost sadistic little smile. Zidane wasn't really good or evil but if there was someone he truly liked, like Amun, he was however protective. There was no limit to what he would do to protect Amun after all.

As they where walking Zidane typed his little notes about torchline in the book, more to sum it all up this far. "Amun. Tropical. Volcano. Thugs. Trading post. Amun 'shopping'. Fighters. Idiots." Was some of the words and as Amun tried to peek at the text Zidane snickered and closed the book in a mysterious way before laying an arm around Amuns shoulders as they walked. "Nothing to interesting, mostly keynotes to help me go through it all later on. You know, to see if there is something i was overlooking while here"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3