why are you so petrified of silence
For Peter
Peter Pikely

Age: 34 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
The reason for the library was met with a thoughtful nod, though Peter hadn’t actually spent enough time among the books to make any recommendations. That had been the simple question though, not the one that brought a spark of tone back to Loren’s voice, in the exact opposite way Peter had wanted.

”I... wanted to hear it myself. From you. I suppose.” There was real uncertainty in Peter’s voice now. Clearly, he had struck a nerve, or something, but now he wasn’t sure how to navigate without striking it again. And despite his misstep, he wasn’t ready to give up completely. ”I’m sorry. I... please, tell me if I can... help?”

Loren’s return to nothingness rattled Peter a little, and the realization that he’d never been on this side of it struck him suddenly. ”I’m happy to see you.” He offered carefully. ”I wish... it was for better reasons.” He wished he knew how to help, but even when he’d been in cold, emotionless places, he hadn’t wanted anything but to stay there. Only time had ever helped.

To have the conversation shift back to him so suddenly made Peter frown, then shrug. He could put off answering for a few moments as he opened a door out of the hidden path they were in, directly into a library. He made a halfhearted ta-da gesture, then turned back to Loren. ”It doesn’t affect anything with them.” He answered properly, not moving to actually leave the natural Launceleyn now that they had reached his destination.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good

Messages In This Thread
why are you so petrified of silence - by Loren - 01-29-2020, 02:13 AM
RE: why are you so petrified of silence - by Peter - 02-03-2020, 05:33 AM