pictures to the pieces of a stories
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Halo is the last place on most people’s minds. It’s a tiny little shithole surrounded by a much cooler and friendlier world. She doesn’t blame him for not caring about it, but perhaps it’s why she cares about it. Halo is her home, and despite all the things available in the Grounds she will return to it. She will leave behind the sun and the resources and all the very green things to return to her frozen world of snow and ice.

Except now, maybe it will be her frozen world and snow and ice with a bar.

”Sounds like a fair trade,” she says, not entirely sure if it would be fair or not, but not for her. She got a bar, a life, an easy way to make money because there was no good competition in Halo. He got...he got whatever secrets made their way to Halo, which probably weren’t going to be the most interesting things one could come across. Then again, who knew what life would be like with the portals open, with Neron on the throne, with outsiders and Outlanders flooding in for the Arcane Academy.

He explains the name of his own bar and the name he suggests for hers. She simply turns, pulling down the back of her shirt slightly to reveal one of the black birds on her shoulder. ”I believe that’s probably answer enough. What language is it? She likes the name, finds it fitting, and doesn’t much mind what the bar is called as long as the name isn’t stupid. Besides, it is his expansion, his bar, and she is more than willing to keep the connection given that she’s already making demands on decor.

weaver

-- ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies --

Quote by Charles Dickens

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNJATA
the flood
A fair trade. He can’t help the brighter grin that crosses his face. A deal, a fair trade, now he’s just got to get Neron on board. It’s something he wonders might be fairly easy, provided he can get the Warden to taste the contents of his bar. Which, he can and does and it’s all a go! And then they can go from there, a trip to Halo to create the black and red version of this establishment, to hold the stories and secrets within.

A popular place, if he believes it.

He watches her turn curiously, seeing as she tugs her shirt down a small amount to reveal the black bird on her shoulder, and Sunjata smirks to that. “It’s Korofi, where I’m from.” He says, leaning against the couch. “Oh, and perhaps another favor? Let me know where you got that done. I’m always looking for more.” A rogue grin to that, having been seeking someone out for the Safrin tattoo he plans to get at some point, one day, eventually.
rely a bit too heavily on alcohol & irony
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
It would be a popular place, or she’d die trying to make it that way. But really, she didn’t think running a successful bar in Halo would be hard. Not with Sunjata and the VlamVloed behind her, providing booze that wasn’t terrible. Not with access to the outside world to make booze out of something other than ice and snow and indoor herbs. Not with her pretty face behind the bar. Besides, there was little competition to speak of, just the local tavern with it’s crappy booze and crappy food. She already knew they could do better.

She turns back to face him, letting her shirt fall back into place though possibly not before she’d turned around and revealed more of her front as well. It’s not intentional in the sense that she’s not asking for anything, but rather that she just doesn’t care enough to think about the possibility or proper decorum. That’s the sort of thing that feels like a waste of both time and energy, decorum. ”Location and language with the same name. I like it. Easy to remember.”

She wonders what it was like, being from elsewhere. She knows they spoke of his arrival here briefly, but still, what was the world like outside this place? She’d gathered snippets of various worlds from other Outlanders, and all their stories felt like fairytales come to life to Weaver. For all the prejudice against Outlanders (though Weaver didn’t quite share in that), she wondered how much the Naturals actually considered what it had been like to be thrown into a place like Caido without warning. Not ideal.

”I’ll do you one better. Next time you are in Halo I’ll just take you there. You'll have to come be cold though.” Maybe she’d get another tattoo of her own, though maybe not. She enjoyed them, but they were specific and special when she got them and somehow tattooing the name of a bar on her didn’t fit her vibe.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
His gaze finds her face as she turns to face him, and he offers her another charmingly roguish grin with their agreement. “Should spread the name well enough, being a different language and all of that.” A partial shrug – it’s what brought a few people toward the VlamVloed in the end anyway, wondering what it was about, realizing it was a new bar as well in the end. Business was business, and anything to attract a customer was a welcome adventure.

But his second favor is met with her own offer, and the grin remains as he nods his head to that, running his hand along the fur that he’d been toying with. “Mmm, well, something tells me it may just be worth it.” He tips her a wink to that, before looking around to the Devil’s Advocates with a satisfied sigh, at adding additional members one by one until he could get a network formed.

Is there somewhere specific I should seek you out when I do arrive?” His gaze returns to her, a bit more curious, a bit more honest.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
She grins back, playful and teasing in nature, unable to resist returning the sort of smile he gives her. ”Something new in Halo will draw attention, different language or not. We aren’t used to new shiny things.” Which was true enough, though new was creeping into Halo faster and faster. It was good, but she has to remind herself of that regularly, because some part of her wanted to resist the change. Despite how freely she was standing here embracing it, what would Halo become with the portals open, with more places in this world becoming available to them? She doesn’t know, and while the adventure is welcome some small part of her tingles with fear at what she might lose. She had lost enough, though she suspects that won’t bring the loss to an end.

She raises a brow at his wink and his words. ”Yes, you’ll have a bar to build and me to visit. It is definitely worth it. I am a stellar tour guide, thank you very much.” She is stellar at other things too, but that ring still sits on his finger and she’s not sure sleeping with your boss, married or not, is the greatest idea. That didn’t make either one of them less pretty to look at though, to tease, to simply enjoy from afar.

”In the afternoons I’m usually home. Ask in the market in the Citadel, I live nearby. Someone will point you to my place.” Small town, small town trust levels. You usually just needed to ask and someone would point you in the correct direction for just about everything. ”In the evenings, usually in the local tavern, which you will find disappointing. In the mornings, well, only find me then if you’d like to adventure out of the Citadel into the wilds of Halo. I’m not sure you’ll enjoy that though.” In the mornings she was usually hunting, though she dreams now of mornings where she would no longer need to do that, where she’d have a bar to open instead. Perhaps they’d serve brunch.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
There’s a nod to her grin, met with the agreement that something new would certainly draw the crowds. And if he manages to supply alcohol like the ones he has here, it’ll only end up being that much more popular in the end. Good for business, good for work, good for secrets and thoughts and plans from whomever might pass through. A good trade, in the end, he thinks.

A smirk is given toward Weaver at the mention of her being a tour guide, resulting in a quiet chuckle before he tips his head slightly. “I look forward to it.” He offers, certainly looking forward to making this work. Besides, Weaver intrigues him, he finds he’d like to get to know her better in the end, and what better way than business partners? What better way than having her join the Guild as well.

But his gaze turns a bit more calculating as he watches her, taking in the information she gives him as to where to find him. “Mm, good to know.” He offers, mentally organizing it all when it came to when he’d need to find the woman once the other pieces are on the board. “I’d rather stay within the Citadel, rather than roam on my own.” He hums with a quiet laugh. Not that he were afraid of it, but that he’d rather put his skills to use for better reasons rather than hunting to survive against the cold.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
She certainly had not expected her day to end up this way. She’s simply gone to the Spire to explore, and yet she’d left with a possible new bar to run, a guild to join, and dare she say it perhaps a friend? A possible friend, certainly. A man worth getting to know, one that she’d now run into time and time again if their plans came to fruition. Like him, she looks forward to getting to know him better, curious about what makes him tick, what drives him forward in this world that was not the one he’d ever expected to live in.

”Smart,” she says, as he admits to not wanting to roam the outskirts of Halo alone. It was foolish, and even when she left the Citadel to hunt alone, she did not go far. Though there were mornings other hunters would meet together, aiming to get bigger game, to travel further. She would join hunting parties when the opportunity arose and she had grown tired of eating ningo. There were really only so many ways to dress up ningo, after a while.

She takes another sip of her drink, finding it rather empty. She holds the glass up toward Sunjata with a playful, pathetic little pout. It seems their conversation here had come to an end, for now, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t enjoy the bar. ”Can I beg for more?”

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Smart. She tells him, and for a moment his smirk grows a small amount. It was a rare day where someone thought that he indeed was a smart person, and likely within the near future he’d find out how wrong she is about all of that – but he’ll take it whatever way he can, able to relish in the compliment where he can. But she takes another sip of her drink before holding it up toward him with a pout that has him chuckling quietly.

No need to beg, we’re business partners after all.” He winks, though he does turn toward the entrance of the Advocates again, to lead her back up the stairs toward the bar where he can refill her drink. Once they’re there, however, he gives her some of the stronger stuff and a bottle to take home as a goodwill sort of gesture. And from there, she can choose whatever food she might want from the bar as well – the start to a relatively great friendship, he thinks.

- FIN for Sunjata!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
It takes no begging at all for him to lead her up to the bar for another drink. What can she say? She is a bit of a lush and she’s a sucker for something that tastes so damn good. It’s a treat. It’s even more of a treat when he gives her a bottle to take back with her and some of the wonderful smelling food wafting from the kitchen. She tucks the bottle into the pack she carries with her, orders a few nibbling type plates of things she might not so easily get in Halo, and slides into a stool at the bar to enjoy her glass and food.

The bar has begun to fill, the night young and spread before them. She gives Sunjata a nod and a smile. ”I look forward to seeing you in Halo. We’ll get matching tattoos.” This last part is a jest, of course, but the first part is not. Finishing her food, she picks up her glass and slides off the stool. ”I think I might go mingle,” she says with a wink, which was to say she might go see what there was to learn in the bar tonight. With a wave, she slips into the growing crowd to spend the evening.

(Finished)

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens