the leaping greenly spirits of trees

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Well, facts and observations are both stuff we seek, too," they pointed out. If Quanil had gathered that she didn't like them - or the guild they were a part of - it didn't show. (Hint: they had no idea whatsoever.)

"Lore and myths may point to historical truths," they said. "They often have kernels of truth in them. Though it sounds like you're most keenly interested in what's going on right now, in the moment. Of course that's useful and necessary, but so is knowing the history, the past, how we got to where we are.

"Like, for instance, what's the real difference between a New God, an Ascended, and an Abandoned?"
they asked. "What I was told, growing up, was that there's next to no difference, that one leads to the other which leads to the other, inevitably. That the barrier, and our being sealed off, is the fault of those who do magic. But what I've found is that's not necessarily true. I've met some Abandoned, and they're nothing like the power-hungry monsters the old stories depict them as. So, there, in that case, the stories are wrong. But it's still true that magic users who did grow too ambitious and power-hungry became the New Gods. So there's still a lot to learn about that."

Quanil is going to keep babbling about this until stopped. Fair warning.

Messages In This Thread
the leaping greenly spirits of trees - by Quanil - 02-01-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: the leaping greenly spirits of trees - by Quanil - 03-10-2020, 10:08 PM