please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Maea! <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Well... he had the honesty going for him, at least. Maea couldn't fault him for that. It was just a really poor way to handle things, this tendency to run away from problems by drowning himself in other people. It was as destructive a tendency as alcohol or hallucinogens, and she realized that it might be a pattern that he couldn't break, even if he wanted to. Even if he tried.

"What about the time you kissed me? Did that not count, in your mind?"

Her cheek twitched as he tried to assure her that there had been no one since their night together. It was an attempt to smile, to relax under his arm as he pulled her even closer, but while her heart did pick up the pace at feeling his body so close again... it was a dull, throbbing ache that pulsed through her veins, as though the blood had become something thicker and far less willing.

"What are your intentions here, Sunjata?"

Forget about Loren for a moment. Forget about Phoebe or Lusea or any of the other in that long line of people that came and went to his bed, in and out of his life like it was some kind of revolving door. Maea needed to know what this was, what it meant, if it meant anything at all. 'Just friends' simply did not cut it anymore. They had gone past that, had never been able to stick to those lines from the very first, and if he couldn't keep them with others, why would she be any different?

"What are we, now?"

A part of her almost wanted him to say 'nothing'. To admit he'd made a fool out of her, that she'd known it would hurt and did it to herself anyway, just so she could walk away. Take the advice of people who seemed to care (but how could she be sure that they really did) and just... end this. Before it became any more painful.

But... the other part of her really wanted to hear that it would be different this time. Because she wanted it to be, hoped it could. Needed this to work.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night - by Maea - 02-04-2020, 09:22 PM