please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Maea! <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
He let go, and Maea felt wild pain tear through her as he withdrew, curled up and refused to look at her. She tried to breathe, but the ache was crushing and forced the air right out of her lungs again, until her breaths were nothing but shallow gasps. Insuffiecient, panicked. Tears began to prickle behind her ears and flowed down through her jaw, so sure that this was it, that it would end here. It had only been a dream after all, a single blissful night of sweet hope... and now it was crushing down around her ears.

But she remained, sat still. Forced down the impulse to get up and leave, run off... she needed to hear him say it. To confirm her deepest fear.

I care about you far more than I intended.'

She stopped breathing. Thought she must have heard wrong. Waited, still as a statue, eyes wide and fixed on Sunjata where he sat, hidden away like what he said was painful beyond belief. Maea did not dare to believe it, and wasn't sure what to make of the words that followed, that seemed to ask her for... what? She wasn't sure, couldn't tell.

The silence stretched out between them for an age.

"I do want you," she finally said. Very soft, very gentle. Carefully picking the words as if the wrong ones might shatter him like glass. "But you know that. I already told you. But... I also can't do this by half."

Swallowing hard, she let her gaze drift away from him. To the lights of the festival beyond the trees, the happy people dancing and laughing so close by.

"The thing is... I want only you. No one else. I'm yours, should you want me, but I can't... I just can't share you. Not with anyone. It would tear me apart, knowing that you'd take what should be mine and mine alone and give it to someone else. I don't care if it's pain or pleasure or anger or happiness, I want you to lay it on me.

"And if that's not what you want, if it's not something you care to do, then - "
her voice was thick, tears prickling in her eyes, forcing the words out " - then I will have to go. I don't want to, but I can't stay while knowing that I'm not enough to make you happy."

A tear rolled down her cheek, and she swiped at it, hating that she couldn't hold them back. It felt like blackmail, like she was forcing him to do something... but really she was not. This was a choice, and his alone to make. But... he did not have to make it here. Now. Tonight.

"Maybe... we should just... take some time apart. Think about this. You can figure out if... if your caring is strong enough to brave those fears for."  

A third gift, if he would accept it. A measure of time held out on an upturned palm. A gift of freedom, if that's how he preferred to see it... to find an answer, make a decision, come into this of his own free will.

If she had to drag him, Maea knew it would all be pointless. She didn't want someone who didn't actually want to be with her.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night - by Maea - 02-04-2020, 10:09 PM