please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Maea! <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Every second that passed after her voice had faded was an eternity. A void filled with all the hopes and fears and wild imaginings. Always the overthinker, Maea saw possible outcomes line up before her like picture books. Angry words, sad words, insanely happy words, all with stories that spanned off into the distance. She saw herself sitting there in the glade until long after he left, she saw herself running off into the woods with tears streaming down her face when she couldn't stand the silence anymore (because it could speak louder than words at times). She even glimpsed a few happy ever afters in that chaotic torrent, but she avoided looking at them too closely, as if daring to hope might somehow destroy the possibility of it coming true.

He sighed. It nearly made her scream, too tightly wound from the tension of waiting, of giving him space to think and choose and figure out what he wanted... Then it was followed by a snort and Sunjata spoke, uttering a truth that was so profound she had to bite down a laugh as it tried to escape. Tearfilled and only too aware. No... he wasn't good at staying away. And neither was she.

She'd expected him to say no, after that. But again, he uttered words that made her stop breathing, too shocked to realize the truth of what she was hearing until she felt his hand on her cheek. Found his gaze as he finally looked at her.

'I would like to try.'

The tears began to roll down her cheeks and she closed her eyes tightly. Taking a long, shuddering breath Maea pressed her cheek into his palm, let his heat flood over her skin and take away the stiffness and the cold she'd settled into. So warm, so tender and kind and so very real. Full of flaws and scars, skin bruised and heart battered and broken... and still he wanted to try. To love again. To hope again.

What more could she ever ask for?

Maea opened her eyes again and looked up at him, smiling through the tears. Her chest still ached, and she couldn't quite give up the notion that this was unreal, but... if it was a dream, she hoped it would last for a long time.

"Take all the time you need," she said to him, with her heart in her voice, hope on her tongue. "I'm not going anywhere that you can't reach."
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night - by Maea - 02-04-2020, 11:21 PM